Gender Pronouns on Exhale?

53 minutes ago, ByDemand said:

Concern trolling at its finest ladies and gentlemen, but it’s par for the course 

Calling my actions concern trolling is a dog whistle attempt. Nice try. This forum is an escape from reality for most of us and if gendered language is such an issue then just stop using it here. Be the change rather than bullying people who just want a place to have fun. 

2 hours ago, Rik said:

Ya I went to Toronto pride too lol. It’s a lot of people consisting of various perspectives which is not telling of everyone 

It’s clear that there are obviously going to be people who do not necessarily want to be referred to by these catch all terms. Just because some people are outwardly getting mad about an innocent assumption does not mean that is representative of an entire group.

I don’t get why cis people are genuinely so strung up on how others identify though. is it more of a danger to be told that people want to be called they/them or is it more dangerous to be told you don’t exist?

It's very complicated, english speakers are very lucky, because in other languages it's not only "they", like one word, you have to change a lot more and that's why i don't think it's a good idea. 

33 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

if gendered language is such an issue then just stop using it 

Pretty sure this is the point of gender fluidity though. So you agree gendered language needs to stop and that we should accept everyone for who they are? Love this 

34 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

It's very complicated, english speakers are very lucky, because in other languages it's not only "they", like one word, you have to change a lot more and that's why i don't think it's a good idea. 

I understand it is easier for English speakers but we also cannot deny that gender fluidity is recognized across so many cultures in the world, historically and contemporarily. I also suggest that in these cases we just call people by their name!  

1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

Calling my actions concern trolling is a dog whistle attempt. Nice try. This forum is an escape from reality for most of us and if gendered language is such an issue then just stop using it here. Be the change rather than bullying people who just want a place to have fun. 

EDIT: actually, not worth this engaging back and forth with folks trolling the topic.

I’ll just say thanks for making the thread @Henry Torres + I hope @Jordan Miller is able to implement the optional feature for those who’d like it and leave it at that <3 

Voicing one's opinion on the gender issue can cause so many riffs and disagreements with the users you would normally go along just fine. And that's a huge petty!

I couldn't care less how you identify. It's your right and is doing no harm whatsoever. 

Or does It? I'm following recent updates and discussion along Europe, where words like "mother", "father" and even "brother/sister" are getting erased in order to favor gender-neutral terms as "parent", "siblings"...

With all due respect to diverse range of people, don't you find that a little wrong? If you're, for example, born male, later transitioned to female, whether in s.e.x or gender change, wouldn't you rather go with the existing terms? Why are existing terms offensive when you have the freedom of choosing between them? 

Another thing I've problem with is term "cis". I was born as male and I identify as such. I'm not adding any other terms to It and quite frankly, I do find It offensive If being referred to as "cis-male". In my language, cis reminds me of word "cista", which stands for a kind of tumor and It's gross and I personally hate It.

My friend, born female, came out to me as trans last summer and all I cared was, what's your new name and I'm using that name ever since, although he hasn't fully transitioned yet.

I was always, from elementary school on, fighting for the diversity rights, but I admit, when I face the issue of non-binary or even harder to understand, gender-fluid people, I'm lost. I once read an interview with a gender-fluid person and you have to understand, in my language verb's form "gives away" one's gender. This person was literally changing their gender as they spoke, from one sentence to another.

All I'm trying to say is, If a gender option on Exhale would mean something to any facing such issue, no one in this world should be against It. But also, there's enough of love and room for anyone. It's just a matter of perspective.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, conceptuel said:

why wouldn’t english just go neutral like hungarian or finnish? this pronoun thing sounds like stereotypes about genders are reinforced (being called a she or a he based on your external appearance). going neutral booom nothing associated anymore and dress however you want. perhaps giving less names instead of giving names to everything? just like for ***ual orientations

i wouldn’t give a **** though about the measure if it’s put in place though 

You want English speaking nations to just change their whole language to be gender neutral? That's taking things a bit too far. I mean it would never work in the US at least; they still can't even use the metric system. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

38 minutes ago, Stefani said:

You want English speaking nations to just change their whole language to be gender neutral? That's taking things a bit too far. I mean it would never work in the US at least; they still can't even use the metric system. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

All countries in the world: day / month / year

The USA: month / day / year 

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

3 hours ago, Henry Torres said:

It's still not me that opens a thread only to shade someone for no reason :mariah-hurry: You truly should be embarrassed but I think it's clear you're unable to feel shame :mariah-hurry:

What are you talking about? I never made a topic as such. I only made one topic in my entire 15 year old career on exhale and it was about Britney self titled album. 

i can only think of one thing that’s faker and more false than your accusation of me: your previous profile picture.

7 minutes ago, bas che said:

What are you talking about? I never made a topic as such. I only made one topic in my entire 15 year old career on exhale and it was about Britney self titled album. 

I meant ''opens thread'' like clicking on it, not creating one :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

8 minutes ago, bas che said:

i can only think of one thing that’s faker and more false than your accusation of me: your previous profile picture.

You wanna play like that bich? Then come for me

Tiffany pollard flavor of love i love new york GIF - Find on GIFER

Was it faker and more false than your Profile Information tho, straighty? :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Tiffany pollard flavor of love i love new york GIF - Find on GIFER

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block