Gender Pronouns on Exhale?

2 hours ago, Henry Torres said:

Yes, it's a forum, we have conversations with people here and it's obvious we need to know their pronouns :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

Most users on here use faux names (i.e. my name is Sia) so if you're going to try and convince me that people here really care about being identified by their preferred pronouns, you won't.

Again...it ain't that serious...

• Haha 1
  • Like 5
29 minutes ago, Henry Torres said:

Embarrassing comment, hetero boi :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao: I don't even like these people but imagine spending your free time to shame someone for their pronouns :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: Truly embarrassing. The way you flops are always so angry when it comes to pronouns, it doesn't even affect you. It isn't something you have to do :mariah-hurry: You are clearly hurt because of something ELSE and you find topics like that perfect to express your unresolved anger :mariah-hurry: Who hurt you? :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao: Stay mad :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

I'm getting this energy from you:

If me calling someone by anything other than their preferred pronoun gives them trauma, then that speaks volumes about deeper seeded issues they have. 

Ain't that serious...

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Sia said:

I'm getting this energy from you:

If me calling someone by anything other than their preferred pronoun gives them trauma, then that speaks volumes about deeper seeded issues they have. 

Ain't that serious...

Exactly, it's not that serious so let's have pronouns option for those who want it and everyone will move on 

2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I can look into how to integrate this if the community wants me to. Please feel free to weigh in. 

LanaBoards uses Invision and they have it displaying beneath the user avatar on the left hand side of posts on desktop

xx.png

Spoiler

I suggested this 1-2 years ago with a screenshot just like this I’m pretty sure, just saying 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

So if the intention is not to respect all pronouns then why do we need this? Sounds like just another reason for drama. 

There’s a difference between ppl who welcome terms of endearment versus denying someone of their pronouns altogether. I don’t think anyone is going to tell you that they are they and that you are a horrible person for referring to them as bro or sis, unless they genuinely don’t like it and repeatedly ask you not to.

I think the point is if you see someone with they/them in particular, you are accepting them for who they are by referring to them as that. But that’s assuming people even call each other by their gender in this relatively anonymous forum.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block