Thread Limits

• Super Mods

So I wonder if this is something worth exploring? :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: Obviously this site runs based on peoples’ interactions in threads across the various forums here. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding: But I do notice that a small handful of members are the ones that dominate the forums with their threads, though. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: While it’s nice to have something to talk about, I do feel like it discourages new members or shyer members from creating threads of their own. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: I just feel like so many people have something to say but don’t say it because they’re competing with a lot of other content. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

Is a limit on the number of threads a member can author each day/week a reasonable ask? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Discuss. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 1
  • Like 6

Seemingly, we are now allowing and even somewhat encouraging dupe accounts (presumably because it drives engagement) so I can't see this ever being implemented. It's evident that certain rules only apply to certain users. It's a great idea, though. Especially when the bottom of the barrel has truly been scraped with regard to thread ideas. :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

"Then why don't you post more topics, Damon?"

Because there's absolutely nothing to talk about and I don't post just for the sake of posting like certain other users. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Like 2

spacer.png

I agree with some points, but Jordan Miller will never approve that. More posts equal more engagement and more traffic for his site. And just like posting on TikTok, you never know what will strike with the audience and become a hit, so I don’t see him limiting access to create threads.

• Leader

Appreciate your input! It could be cool to limit members to 3 topics per day, but like others mentioned... imagine if Instagram or TikTok limited your posting cadence. 

I also don't think less content and engagement = more posts from newer members. Unless someone has data to otherwise suggest it would? 

I'm open to whatever is best for Exhale. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, SlayOut said:

But I do notice that a small handful of members are the ones that dominate the forums with their threads, though. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: While it’s nice to have something to talk about, I do feel like it discourages new members or shyer members from creating threads of their own.

I'm one of these members, and I have also been concerned about alienating shyer members. the more people actively participating in a wide range of convos, the stronger the community will be. I'd like to help create an environment that encourages shyer and new members to contribute meaningfully. 

A related issue: I feel constantly on edge when a new user contributes because lately 100% of those "new users" have been trolls spreading misinformation and anger.

I want to be inclusive of new users, but I also dont want to be trolled.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, SlayOut said:

So I wonder if this is something worth exploring? :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: Obviously this site runs based on peoples’ interactions in threads across the various forums here. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding: But I do notice that a small handful of members are the ones that dominate the forums with their threads, though. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: While it’s nice to have something to talk about, I do feel like it discourages new members or shyer members from creating threads of their own. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: I just feel like so many people have something to say but don’t say it because they’re competing with a lot of other content. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

Is a limit on the number of threads a member can author each day/week a reasonable ask? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Discuss. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

12 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

@Jordan Miller will never approve :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

2 hours ago, Damon said:

Seemingly, we are now allowing and even somewhat encouraging dupe accounts (presumably because it drives engagement) so I can't see this ever being implemented. It's evident that certain rules only apply to certain users. It's a great idea, though. Especially when the bottom of the barrel has truly been scraped with regard to thread ideas. :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

"Then why don't you post more topics, Damon?"

Because there's absolutely nothing to talk about and I don't post just for the sake of posting like certain other users. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

spacer.png

I agree with some points, but Jordan Miller will never approve that. More posts equal more engagement and more traffic for his site. And just like posting on TikTok, you never know what will strike with the audience and become a hit, so I don’t see him limiting access to create threads.

1 hour ago, britney_rocks said:

Jordan is too busy censoring words like S E X to worry about this 

Shout out any ideas of best practices for posting topics. I'll try my best to integrate them into the research threads to help prevent this theme becoming overly dominant.

BUT there is going to be a flurry of research threads leading to the July 27 court hearing. its a bukkake of new information from the lawyers.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
10 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Appreciate your input! It could be cool to limit members to 3 topics per day, but like others mentioned... imagine if Instagram or TikTok limited your posting cadence.

I mean, we could be a little more generous and cap it at 6! :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy: Sure Instagram and TikTok don’t limit your ability to create posts, but if they did, at least there would still be the power of the comment/reply! :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky: Replies and comments would remain unlimited (unless you’re banned from a topic for obvious reasons :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:), which helps to create more conversation about said topic. More engaged conversation around less topics could make for deeper connection and insight. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I also don't think less content and engagement = more posts from newer members. Unless someone has data to otherwise suggest it would?

The only data I have are my emotions and gut instinct! :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: Which haven’t failed me too badly! :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning: Maybe it could be a little Exhale experiment. A trial, if you will. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

It’s settled! Thread limits for all courtesy of SlayOut, Jordan Miller, and the Mods! :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing: :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Slay with another fact based thread. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: 

While we're on the subject of threads, recently there has been an awful lot of duplicate threads.

Is a refresher on the search feature required? Or even simpler, a refresher on how to get from page 1 to page 2 of the Britney section, and do a quick scan before making a post. Maybe Jordy can give a shirtless tutorial on YouTube. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Haha 3
  • Super Mods
48 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

Slay with another fact based thread. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: 

While we're on the subject of threads, recently there has been an awful lot of duplicate threads.

Is a refresher on the search feature required? Or even simpler, a refresher on how to get from page 1 to page 2 of the Britney section, and do a quick scan before making a post. Maybe Jordy can give a shirtless tutorial on YouTube. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

So glad to see your Exhale return included you commenting in my thread! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Yes, shirtless tutorials would make sense and be on brand for Exhale. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: We love culturally competent marketing! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Haha 3
20 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think it should limit to senior members while new ones could be up to 10 a day.

2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

So glad to see your Exhale return included you commenting in my thread! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Yes, shirtless tutorials would make sense and be on brand for Exhale. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: We love culturally competent marketing! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Why of course :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: I couldn't overlook this thread and the valid points you raised :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

I think it should limit to senior members while new ones could be up to 10 a day.

Limiting per day won’t work bc of the information that comes out. But limiting per week totally works. So max using 3 threads per week seems like a reasonable guideline.

lol as long as y’all understand that until July 27 it’s going to be a s.hit show of threads

the reason there are so many threads is bc we are trying our best to organize the insane amount of information in a way that’s useable for peeps that can impact B’s case.

B’s stan power gives her a real life edge in a case she is supposed to lose. We get trolled and fed false info often (I’m assuming other members experiences are the same as mine)…and sometimes we get contacted. <—THIS makes the harassment worthwhile.

1 hour ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Oh s.hit just realized my last reply was to the wrong comment.

my reply to the comment about new users: I have an opposite proposal. I would LOVE if new users had to earn the privilege to post new topics.

what’s happening now is that “new users” make a new account and just troll or spread dis/misinformation 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block