Gwen Stefani Accused Of Cultural Appropriation

Americans are the only ones so obsessed with culture appropriation. Funny I’ve seen African Americans complain about people appropriating African culture, but actual Africans embracing it. It’s also ironic that the majority of time the people screaming culture appropriation are people that aren’t even part of that culture. I’m Mexican and if someone wants to wear anything traditionally Mexican I don’t think there’s a problem as long as they’re being respectful. And to the ones getting ready to tell me it’s not my right to give people permission we all have a right to our opinions and people that want to be offended can stay offended

• Love 7

This is absurd. She grew up listening to and being heavily involved in dancehall music. Sean Paul respects her love for Jamaican culture. The hair stylist who did this look was Jamaican and also said how ridiculous people are. Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive and realize that we all take inspirations from different cultures. It would be a boring world if we didn’t. 
TBH this is the Gwen i love. Getting back to her roots. This song is a bop. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

I always thought cultural appropriation was when you depicted other cultures in an offensive/stereotypical way, not paying homage like Gwen has done :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Nope, now it's just bullying anyone who decides to dares to embrace any other culture or fashion.

I was gifted a kimono from a Japanese exchange student, nowadays I wouldn't even be able to wear it without some internet troll saying it's disrespectful or appropriation.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Nope, now it's just bullying anyone who decides to dares to embrace any other culture or fashion.

I was gifted a kimono from a Japanese exchange student, nowadays I wouldn't even be able to wear it without some internet troll saying it's disrespectful or appropriation.

Just don’t put white makeup or try Japanese eyes in your face and you’re just fine 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block