A year ago Britney was finally allowed by the judge to hire the attorney of her choice

What is the significance of April 13, 2021, which she just mentioned in an Instagram post?

Does anyone else suspect that Britney CON'd both Lynne and Ingham into thinking she was going to go along with a Lynne-led CON? 

...But then shocked them both on June 23, 2021 when she asked to terminate and to hire her own lawyer? 

:weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Apr. 27, 2021 - Court-appointed attorney Samuel Ingham tells the probate court that, “The conservatee, she has requested that I seek from the court a status hearing at which she can address the court directly." Further, “This does not relate to any of the matters on the calendar now and it does not relate to the accounting or the fee issues.”

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/britney-spears-requests-to-address-court-at-hearing-on-her-conservatorship.html

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

What is the significance of April 13, 2021, which she just mentioned in an Instagram post?

Does anyone else suspect that Britney CON'd both Lynne and Ingham into thinking she was going to go along with a Lynne-led CON? 

...But then shocked them both on June 23, 2021 when she asked to terminate and to hire her own lawyer? 

:weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Apr. 27, 2021 - Court-appointed attorney Samuel Ingham tells the probate court that, “The conservatee, she has requested that I seek from the court a status hearing at which she can address the court directly." Further, “This does not relate to any of the matters on the calendar now and it does not relate to the accounting or the fee issues.”

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/britney-spears-requests-to-address-court-at-hearing-on-her-conservatorship.html

I was just looking at this: 

spacer.png

Edited by Ghoulia
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Do we know what occurred in those two hearings?

There are some details here -

4/21/2021 LASC - Probate Notes

https://stanaudit.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Britney00000472.html

Page 6

FACTS: CAC alleges he has requested the resignation of James P. Spears...petnr expressly reserves the right to petition for termination of the conservatorship under Probate Code 1861. Petnr alleges nothing within this petn shall be deemed to constitute a waiver of that right.

Page 8

Otherwise, see remaining JTDs and recommend T/T re additional powers. If proposed conservatee appears, rec T/T; Court to give Probate Code section 1828 rights or obtain waiver.

Probate Code section 1828.6: The proposed conservatee has the right to oppose the proceeding, to have the matter of the establishment of the conservatorship tried by jury, to be represented by legal counsel if the proposed conservatee so chooses, and to have legal counsel appointed by the court if unable to retain legal counsel.

Spoiler

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

There are some details here -

4/21/2021 LASC - Probate Notes

https://stanaudit.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Britney00000472.html

Page 6

FACTS: CAC alleges he has requested the resignation of James P. Spears...petnr expressly reserves the right to petition for termination of the conservatorship under Probate Code 1861. Petnr alleges nothing within this petn shall be deemed to constitute a waiver of that right.

Page 8

Otherwise, see remaining JTDs and recommend T/T re additional powers. If proposed conservatee appears, rec T/T; Court to give Probate Code section 1828 rights or obtain waiver.

Probate Code section 1828.6: The proposed conservatee has the right to oppose the proceeding, to have the matter of the establishment of the conservatorship tried by jury, to be represented by legal counsel if the proposed conservatee so chooses, and to have legal counsel appointed by the court if unable to retain legal counsel.

Hide contents

spacer.png

I just skimmed and don't see where any of the notes refer to the changes to the probate code made through SB 724.

https://openstates.org/ca/bills/20212022/SB724/

Am I missing it? Or it's not there?

20 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I just skimmed and don't see where any of the notes refer to the changes to the probate code made through SB 724.

https://openstates.org/ca/bills/20212022/SB724/

Am I missing it? Or it's not there?

I don't think you're missing it - I don't see any specific reference to that bill in Britney's IG posts or in the court docs.

This is the connection I think she's making - 

February 19, 2021 California Senator Ben Allen introduces SB 724 – Strengthening the Rights and Protections of California’s Conservatees.  https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220SB724

Compare versions of the law

(d) If a conservatee, proposed conservatee, or person alleged to lack legal capacity expresses a any  preference for a particular attorney to represent them, the court shall allow representation by the preferred attorney, even if the attorney is not on the court’s list of a court-appointed attorneys, and the attorney shall provide zealous representation as provided in subdivision (e). However, an attorney who cannot provide zealous advocacy or who has any conflict of interest with respect to the representation of the conservatee, proposed conservatee, or person alleged to lack legal capacity shall be disqualified. court appointed attorneys. 

Spoiler

Britney's IG February 25, 2021

Cheetah entering the building!

March 23, 2021 - Petition for appointment of permanent conservator of the person (Jodi Montgomery) filed by Ingham

Spoiler

March 25 2021 CATNEY

April 12, 2021 SB-724 passes

"This bill makes it clear that conservatees have the right to choose and change legal council at any time." 

April 13, 2021 ---> A mystery for the ages.  I think she must have been communicating with Ingham enough at this point to get across her message: no more Jamie.   She may have been wary of giving away too much, especially if her communications are recorded/observed. She makes it clear in June that she also wants the right to choose an attorney. 

Spoiler

April 13th, 2021 - lions in traffic

April 20th, 2021 Cheetah looking in the mirror

April 27th, 2021 - The Court sets a Status Hearing Re: Status of Conservatorship on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:30 PM 

Spoiler

May 10, 2021 Leopardney

May 24th, 2021

June 11th, 2021

June 23, 2021 "My lawyer, Sam (Ingham), has been very scared for me to go forward because he’s saying if I speak up, I’m being overworked in that facility of that rehab place, that rehab place will sue me. He told me I should keep it to myself. I would personally like to — actually, I’ve grown with a personal relationship with Sam, my lawyer, I’ve been talking to him like three times a week now, we’ve kind of built a relationship but I haven’t really had the opportunity by my own self to actually handpick my own lawyer by myself. And I would like to be able to do that."

July 7th, 2021 - Petition for GAL

"It's not cool though ur not givin me names Jody." There has been communication between Britney & Jodi regarding legal representation.  Unsure as to when, but presumably between March 23rd-June 23rd. 

spacer.png

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

I don't think you're missing it - I don't see any specific reference to that bill in Britney's IG posts or in the court docs.

This is the connection I think she's making - 

February 19, 2021 California Senator Ben Allen introduces SB 724 – Strengthening the Rights and Protections of California’s Conservatees.  https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220SB724

Compare versions of the law

(d) If a conservatee, proposed conservatee, or person alleged to lack legal capacity expresses a any  preference for a particular attorney to represent them, the court shall allow representation by the preferred attorney, even if the attorney is not on the court’s list of a court-appointed attorneys, and the attorney shall provide zealous representation as provided in subdivision (e). However, an attorney who cannot provide zealous advocacy or who has any conflict of interest with respect to the representation of the conservatee, proposed conservatee, or person alleged to lack legal capacity shall be disqualified. court appointed attorneys. 

Hide contents

Britney's IG February 25, 2021

Cheetah entering the building!

March 23, 2021 - Petition for appointment of permanent conservator of the person (Jodi Montgomery) filed by Ingham

Hide contents

March 25 2021 CATNEY

"This bill makes it clear that conservatees have the right to choose and change legal council at any time." 

April 13, 2021 ---> A mystery for the ages.  I think she must have been communicating with Ingham enough at this point to get across her message: no more Jamie.   She may have been wary of giving away too much, especially if her communications are recorded/observed. She makes it clear in June that she also wants the right to choose an attorney. 

Hide contents

April 13th, 2021 - lions in traffic

April 20th, 2021 Cheetah looking in the mirror

April 27th, 2021 - The Court sets a Status Hearing Re: Status of Conservatorship on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:30 PM 

Hide contents

May 10, 2021 Leopardney

May 24th, 2021

June 11th, 2021

June 23, 2021 "My lawyer, Sam (Ingham), has been very scared for me to go forward because he’s saying if I speak up, I’m being overworked in that facility of that rehab place, that rehab place will sue me. He told me I should keep it to myself. I would personally like to — actually, I’ve grown with a personal relationship with Sam, my lawyer, I’ve been talking to him like three times a week now, we’ve kind of built a relationship but I haven’t really had the opportunity by my own self to actually handpick my own lawyer by myself. And I would like to be able to do that."

July 7th, 2021 - Petition for GAL

"It's not cool though ur not givin me names Jody." There has been communication between Britney & Jodi regarding legal representation.  Unsure as to when, but presumably between March 23rd-June 23rd. 

spacer.png

RED.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Released February 5, 2021

There you go @Jordan Miller

THIS is how the fans and journalists truly contributed!

Not in influencing the moves of the individual lawyers like Ingham, but in changing the probate laws so that Ingham could be replaced.

By April 12, 2021, Britney had the power of the law behind her.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block