Avril's Let Go vs Ashlee Simpson's Autobiography

Let Go or Autobiography  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Flash back - the year is 2004. 

The pop/rock princess Avril is still rocking the charts BUT, much like Christina did to Britney, another chick wants to challenge the throne. But - this rockergirl has a weapon that Avril doesn't - A REALITY SHOW. 

Ashlee Simpson's reality show was an instant success. The show featured her recording her album and experiencing love with Ryan Cabrera, who also happened to date Avril about a decade later :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Let Go peaked at # 2 on the U.S. album charts but went to # 1 in her home country of Canada and a few other countries. It has gone to sell 16 million worldwide. 

Autobiography peaked at # 1 in the U.S. but not in any other country. It has gone over to sell 5 million worldwide. 

Copy and Paste the tracklists below and then past them in your note to share why you chose which. It will go Track 1 vs Track 1, Track 2 vs Track 2 and so on

Let Go Tracklist                       vs                               Autobiography Tracklist

1. Losing Grip                                                              1. Autobiography

2. Complicated                                                           2. Pieces of Me

3. Sk8r Boi                                                                  3. Shadow

4. I'm With You                                                           4. Lala

5. Mobile                                                                     5. Love Makes The World Go Round

6. Unwanted                                                               6. Better Off

7. Tomorrow                                                                7. Love Me For Me

8. Anything But Ordinary                                           8. Surrender

9. Things I'll Never Say                                              9. Unreachable

10. My World                                                              10. Nothing New

11. Nobody's Fool                                                      11. Giving It All Away

12. Too Much To Ask                                                 12. Undiscovered

13. Naked                                                                    13. Endless Summer (bonus track)

Let's see which one wins for you!

• Like 1

Let Go Tracklist                       vs                               Autobiography Tracklist

1. Losing Grip                                                              1. Autobiography

2. Complicated                                                           2. Pieces of Me

3. Sk8r Boi                                                                  3. Shadow

4. I'm With You                                                           4. Lala

5. Mobile                                                                     5. Love Makes The World Go Round

6. Unwanted                                                               6. Better Off

7. Tomorrow                                                                7. Love Me For Me

9. Things I'll Never Say                                              9. Unreachable

10. My World                                                              10. Nothing New

11. Nobody's Fool                                                      11. Giving It All Away

12. Too Much To Ask             the closest                  12. Undiscovered

13. Naked                                                                    13. Endless Summer (bonus track)

For me the score is:

Let Go has 8 and Autobiography has 5

One thing I can say is Avril had much stronger singles while Ashlee's production is consistent all the way through, due to her ties with MTV and most likely having a higher budget for the entire recording process. 

Both albums have pretty solid ballads, IMO each albums best songs are ballads with Avril's being "I'm With You" and Ashlee's being "Undiscovered". 

Overall, both are 2000's time capsules and had their place in the sun and culture. 

• Like 1

:kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead: HOLY SHIEEEEET :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

12. Too Much To Ask                                                 12. Undiscovered

Geez, choosing between:

Losing Grip / Autobiography

COMPLICATED / PIECES OF ME

Mobile / Love Makes the World Go Round

was too damn difficult :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

I love both albums 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Tough one, both are great albums...

1. Losing Grip                                                              1. Autobiography

2. Complicated                                                          2. Pieces of Me

3. Sk8r Boi                                                                  3. Shadow

4. I'm With You                                                           4. Lala

5. Mobile                                                                     5. Love Makes The World Go Round

6. Unwanted                                                               6. Better Off

7. Tomorrow                                                                7. Love Me For Me

8. Anything But Ordinary                                         8. Surrender

9. Things I'll Never Say                                              9. Unreachable

10. My World                                                              10. Nothing New

11. Nobody's Fool                                                      11. Giving It All Away

12. Too Much To Ask                                                 12. Undiscovered

13. Naked                                                                    13. Endless Summer (bonus track) neither. 🤭

Avril = 7 Ashlee = 5

Had a hard time choosing a winner between the first couple of tracks. Better Off is an underrated gem. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Papa Don't Preach said:

All three of Ashlee's solo albums are pretty good IMO. I wish she would make a comeback. 

When I heard she was recording new music a few years back, I was so excited, and then I found out it was a duets album with her husband and I was out :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

• Love 2

:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: THERE'S. NO. COMPARISSON

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

I WALKED A THOUSAND MILES WHILE EVERYONE WAS ASLEEEEEEEP

OHHHHH IT FEELS LIKE I CAN FINALLY REST MY HEAD ON SOMETHING REALLLLL

LIVING IN A SHADOWWW OF SOMEONE ELSES DREEEAAAAMMMMMM

YOU MAKE ME WANNA LA LA IN THE KITCHEN ON THE FLOOORRRRRR

IIII JUST WANNA TALK TO YOUUU MY BROKEN HEART JUST HAS NO USE

BUT SOOOO WHAAAAT? I’M BETTER OFF EVERYDAYYY

HEEEREEEEE I AMMMMM PERFECT AS IM EVER GONNA BEEEE

OHHHH YOU DRIVE ME CRAZYYY OHHH YOU JUST BRING ME DOWNNNNN

BUT YOU CAN MAKE ME UNREACHABLEEEE DONT MAKE ME CRYYYYY

HEYYYYYY SO WHATS MY DAMAGE TODAYYYYY

HEY HEY EY YEAH EYYYYY

DONT WALK AWAYYYY DONT WALK AWAYYYY DONT WALK AWAYYYYY

spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

"Autobiography" has a better collection of songs but "Let Go" is more cohesive and believable. They're both mainstream scene pop albums but only "Let go" actually makes me feel like a scene kid. "Autobiography" invokes the try-hard poser in me because she sounds so angry on the songs but its just regular ol' pop music that could end up on as bonus tracks on a Britney album.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block