Britney Spears' Publishers Beg Her To Remain Quiet About Upcoming Memoir On Social Media, Insider Reveals

After signing a $15 million book deal, Britney Spears' publishers have made it very clear that the singer, 40, needs to step away from social media and stop giving away her story for free.

“Basically, Britney has been told to shut up and save all the details for the book,” a source exclusively tells OK!. “Why would anyone want to buy the book if she keeps blabbing on social media for free?”

Moving forward, it's likely that the blonde beauty will keep quiet and not spill anymore details about her latest project.

“After 13 years of being silenced by a conservatorship, it wasn’t easy to tell Britney she needs to remain silent,” the insider adds. “But let’s just say she now has 15 million reasons to agree.”

Insiders add that the writing process with Spears has been "difficult," as the Hollywood star isn't used to talking about her past with people she hardly knows.

"Understandably, Britney doesn't trust many people. She doesn't like strangers or meeting new people. So, you can image how challenging it has been to get Britney to meet a total stranger and reveal all the deepest secrets in her life," the source explains. "They have tried to set up meetings with maybe a dozen ghost writers. Most of those meetings she blew off, and the meetings that did happen did not go well."

SOURCE: https://okmagazine.com/p/britney-spears-publishers-quiet-upcoming-memoir-social-media/

• Haha 5
  • Like 3
  • Content Curators

Don’t like how this tabloid article is worded but it just goes to show that it’s on brand for Britney telling her side without it costing a buck and only wants to be heard unlike the other 2 family members who profited off her name for personal gain. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Caleb Ellis said:

Don’t like how this tabloid article is worded but it just goes to show that it’s on brand for Britney telling her side without it costing a buck and only wants to be heard unlike the other 2 family members who profited off her name for personal gain. 

Exactly! They don't have to mute it any more than they already have, I don't see how that would affect sales, everyone, once it's released will buy it fast. Even if she continues to talk. But I understand that working with publishers, they have their rules...... But I'm sure they explained it to Britney in a good way, if this is true.

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
12 minutes ago, Darec said:

Exactly! They don't have to mute it any more than they already have, I don't see how that would affect sales, everyone, once it's released will buy it fast. Even if she continues to talk. But I understand that working with publishers, they have their rules...... But I'm sure they explained it to Britney in a good way, if this is true.

Plus if these publishers try and censor you why not let certain things slip on social media before a book that might turn out being stale but let’s hope that’s not the case here lol

Edited by Caleb Ellis
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Caleb Ellis said:

Plus if these publishers try and censor you why not let certain things slip on social media before a book that might turn out being stale but let’s hope that’s not the case here lol

Hahah yeah... Besides, you can't silence the hand that's going to feed you, take her side, prepare small drafts of the book for your social network, after all it benefits them too, it's not like she's saying, ''Keep reading this in my book, my friends''. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block