Could Bionic be saved?

This album was ahead of its time. I feel if she released it today it would be well received. The singles were all wrong … 

listening to Beyoncé’s latest made me go back to Bionic 

lift me up, desnudate, elastic love, you lost me and vanity should’ve been the singles 

while we’re at it, unless with you is one of her best all time songs and liberation is highly underrated although it was nominated for a Grammy 

• Love 2

she just abandoned her career after 2010 hit in. she's smoking hot & her voice is still insane. idk why she's so lazy though. she knew how to make cohesive eras, singles, performances. and stop with the money, she was a 9-figures net worth, if she likes her career she wouldn't mind investing on her own instead of expecting her label to hit it. 

bionic was just a bad album imo. the MVs were really bad for the era (pop-up of YT, she needed more of what she did back then). NMT is just trashy and tacky. you lost me MV is just... lazy? the single choices weren't good. 

Why are you all still trying to make this album happen? A lot of attention and I guess money was put on production, and that's why it sounds somewhat polished or expensive, but it's not nearly as "experimental" as fans say it is my gawd the delusion, and even when the songs sound very different to what she used to sound by that time, she's actually just emulating the sound of whatever artist she's collaborating with in each track. That also happened to Madonna in "Hard Candy", and to Britney in "Bazooka Janine".

Also, Xtina's b1tchy attitude was at an all time high, and "Not Myself Tonight" isn't feminist or even s.3xy but simply raunchy and tacky. It was a caricature of her s3xual persona. Later on, "Your Body" was also pretty raunchy but at least it felt more light-hearted and honest (...and do not even get me started on "Dirrty"... That's just p.0.rn).

• Like 1
18 hours ago, do the thing said:

she just abandoned her career after 2010 hit in. she's smoking hot & her voice is still insane. idk why she's so lazy though. she knew how to make cohesive eras, singles, performances. and stop with the money, she was a 9-figures net worth, if she likes her career she wouldn't mind investing on her own instead of expecting her label to hit it. 

bionic was just a bad album imo. the MVs were really bad for the era (pop-up of YT, she needed more of what she did back then). NMT is just trashy and tacky. you lost me MV is just... lazy? the single choices weren't good. 

I honestly think she’s just become fed up with her record company adding in filler tracks on her albums just to try and get a hit. Her albums have had filler tracks added by the record company since Bionic and that’s when I think she just stopped caring about sales/charts etc cause she wants music on her albums that have meaning to her not just tracks added because the record company wants a hit. They made her go back into the studio last minute to record NMT it wasn’t even initially included on the album and she didn’t want it as the original 1st single. Lotus has a hell of a lot of filler tracks added on it as well. Although the ballads on that album are some of her best IMO. 

I think she should’ve done it as a double album like with b2b with the original title. 
BIONIC: light and darkness. 
it would’ve made more sense to put the slower songs on light and poppier ones darkness. It would’ve flowed better I think on separate discs. 
a split cover like the 1 we got. Her face for lightness and darkness with the robotic face. Can anyone remember Nelly suit album? When you bought both copies the face would match up. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block