This Day in Pop: the 'Piece of Me Tour' kicks off. Britney receives the Gold and Platinum Songwriting Credits Award in 2018 (July 12)

2018PieceOfMe.jpg

On July 12 2018, Britney kicked off her latest tour so far, Piece of Me Tour, which was essentially the same show from her Las Vegas residency of the same name, which had ended in December 2017, except for a few changes on the setlist as well as a reduced amount of backup dancers and stage props. She performed in various cities of North America and Europe.

In 2021, Britney Spears revealed in a court testimony that she was forced by her management to do this tour:

To recap: I was on tour in 2018. I was forced to do… My management said if I don’t do this tour, I will have to find an attorney, and by contract my own management could sue me if I didn’t follow through with the tour. He handed me a sheet of paper as I got off the stage in Vegas and said I had to sign it. It was very threatening and scary. And with the conservatorship, I couldn’t even get my own attorney. So out of fear, I went ahead and I did the tour.

It was later revealed that she also confessed in a prior court testimony that she was forced to perform with a 102 °F. This would be during one of the Atlantic City concerts.

All in all, at the time the show received mixed reviews from critics and fans alike, oblivious to the situation. Nonetheless, it became the 6th highest-grossing female tour of 2018, and was the United Kingdom's 2nd best-selling female tour of 2018.

The setlist:

1. Work *****
  2. Womanizer
  3. Break the Ice / Piece of Me
  4. ...Baby One More Time / Oops!... I Did It Again
    If I'm Dancing (interlude)
  5. Me Against the Music
  6. Gimme More
  7. Clumsy / Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
    Scream & Shout (interlude)
  8. Boys
  9. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  10. Work It / Get Ur Freak On / WTF (Where They From) [Dance break]
    Get Naked (I Got a Plan) [interlude]
  11. I'm a Slave 4 U (with Walk It Talk It elements)
  12. Make Me...
  13. Freakshow
  14. Do Somethin'
  15. Circus
  16. If U Seek Amy
  17. Breathe on Me
  18. Slumber Party (removed at later dates)
  19. Touch of My Hand (removed at later dates)
  20. Toxic
  21. Stronger / (You Drive Me) Crazy
  22. Till the World Ends

The tour had 31 shows in total, 3 of which were part of especial events:

• The Preston Park show was part of Brighton Pride (August 4)
  • The Skanderborg Dyrehave show was part of Smukfest festival (August 8)
  • The Circuit of the Americas show in Austin was part of the United States Grand Prix weekend (October 21, the last show and her latest performance to this day)

She also received the Gold and Platinum Songwriting Credits Award during the first date of the tour, for Work *****, Everytime and Make Me...

001.jpg

The final date of the show, the October 21st concert in Austin, marks her last live performance to this day. 

pomt.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Content Curators

I went and saw it in Manchester UK and thought she and dancers worked extremely hard considering the limited production and props. It’s shame we may never see her perform again as a free woman but to love, you gotta let go. Let’s hope she can build the life she wants. Did you attend this tour and what are your standout moments? 

Edited by Caleb Ellis
2 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

4 years ago today, Britney began her tenth tour 'Britney: Piece Of Me: The Limited Tour' with Pitbull as the opening act. It started on July 12, 2018 in Oxon Hill and concluded on October 21, 2018 in Austin, Texas. 

It was the first international concert tour in six years. It was also nominated for People's Choice Concert Tour of 2018 at the 44th People's Choice Awards.

It is currently Britney’s farewell tour as she would express on social media that she’s done with the gruelling tour lifestyle claiming she was forced by management/conservatorship team to complete every date and in her bombshell court testimony Britney said they could by contract sue her if she didn’t follow through with it.  

Did you attend this tour and what are your standout moments? 

C344BE92-57F8-4F75-AF3E-5227B64B2BAD.png.9137db5e742f2ab1f144329142cdd822.png

At first, I was planning to go, but after seeing her final shows in Vegas in 2017-2018, I ditched it. After hearing her testimonial in June last year, I was like, "Thank god I didn't go and support it".

I bet it was super harsh to the fans who came to this tour to hear that she was forced to do it. I can't imagine how Britney felt and the things she dealt with at this point. That courage of her is so underrated!

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

2018PieceOfMe.jpg

On July 12 2018, Britney kicked off her latest tour so far, Piece of Me Tour, which was essentially the same show from her Las Vegas residency of the same name, which had ended in December 2017, except for a few changes on the setlist as well as a reduced amount of backup dancers and stage props. She performed in various cities of North America and Europe.

In 2021, Britney Spears revealed in a court testimony that she was forced by her management to do this tour:

It was later revealed that she also confessed in a prior court testimony that she was forced to perform with a 102 °F. This would be during one of the Atlantic City concerts.

All in all, at the time the show received mixed reviews from critics and fans alike, oblivious to the situation. Nonetheless, it became the 6th highest-grossing female tour of 2018, and was the United Kingdom's 2nd best-selling female tour of 2018.

The setlist:

1. Work *****
  2. Womanizer
  3. Break the Ice / Piece of Me
  4. ...Baby One More Time / Oops!... I Did It Again
    If I'm Dancing (interlude)
  5. Me Against the Music
  6. Gimme More
  7. Clumsy / Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
    Scream & Shout (interlude)
  8. Boys
  9. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  10. Work It / Get Ur Freak On / WTF (Where They From) [Dance break]
    Get Naked (I Got a Plan) [interlude]
  11. I'm a Slave 4 U (with Walk It Talk It elements)
  12. Make Me...
  13. Freakshow
  14. Do Somethin'
  15. Circus
  16. If U Seek Amy
  17. Breathe on Me
  18. Slumber Party (removed at later dates)
  19. Touch of My Hand (removed at later dates)
  20. Toxic
  21. Stronger / (You Drive Me) Crazy
  22. Till the World Ends

The tour had 31 shows in total, 3 of which were part of especial events:

• The Preston Park show was part of Brighton Pride (August 4)
  • The Skanderborg Dyrehave show was part of Smukfest festival (August 8)
  • The Circuit of the Americas show in Austin was part of the United States Grand Prix weekend (October 21, the last show and her latest performance to this day)

She also received the Gold and Platinum Songwriting Credits Award during the first date of the tour, for Work *****, Everytime and Make Me...

001.jpg

The final date of the show, the October 21st concert in Austin, marks her last live performance to this day. 

pomt.jpg

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block