This Day in Pop: 'Ooh La La' music video premieres in 2013 (July 11)

oohlalaney.jpg.52c674cf590d8ed87212c9cb43f0b0ab.jpg

On July 11 2013, Britney Spears released the Ooh La La music video. The single was released the previous month as part of the soundtrack of the movie The Smurfs 2. The video features Britney's children, Sean Preston and Jayden James, as well as her niece Maddie. It was directed by Marc Klasfeld, who had directed Katy Perry's Last Friday Night and fun.'s We Are Young, among many other videos.

The video starts with Britney, her sons and niece at the theater watching The Smurfs 2, when suddenly, Gargamel zaps Britney and transports her to the Smurfs village where she gets a new red dress. There she dances and sings with the smurfs throughout the video, as scenes from the movie are shown in different occasions.

24 hrs before the release, some gifs from the video were posted on her official Tumblr account:

tumblr_mpqbvcrRRr1qguiwgo1_500.png

The video reached 100M views in 2018.

• Love 2

I rarely got upset from the disappointments from the team when they would cancel or change plans, cause we were use to it long time ago, but when this video came out with clips from the movie in it and especially during the breakdown, i was FURIOUS! I know it's a song for the movie, but for some reason I was expecting her own video treatment for it. But anyways, the song slaps.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block