Interesting Rumor- Brit to buy her masters?

• Super Mods

I think she has no interest in it, it only matters to Taylor because she wrote her own songs and it matters to her. Not saying isn’t proud of her music but if she didn’t give a damn about getting co writing credit for changing a word then why would she needs to own her masters when she probably doesn’t want to deal with approving rights and usage of her music. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

That would be amazing, but I think Britney's masters are probably one of the most expensive ones in the music industry :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: I hope she can afford them.

It would be a smart investment because all of the money would be going her way after that :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
9 hours ago, queenofhearts said:

I doubt brit even knows what masters are

I can't believe some of ya'll still think she's a dumb woman? Ofc she knows what fu**ing masters are she's not a bloody idiot, she's an intelligent business woman.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Puppy said:

I think she has no interest in it, it only matters to Taylor because she wrote her own songs and it matters to her. Not saying isn’t proud of her music but if she didn’t give a damn about getting co writing credit for changing a word then why would she needs to own her masters when she probably doesn’t want to deal with approving rights and usage of her music. 

What about the songs Britney actually wrote... There are plenty of them... I can believe not believing this, but saying "I doubt she knows what masters are" and "she doesn't write her own music and doesn't care about writing credits" is so demeaning and untruthful, especially when we know Britney would be left uncredited at times.

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
42 minutes ago, Applejack said:

What about the songs Britney actually wrote... There are plenty of them... I can believe not believing this, but saying "I doubt she knows what masters are" and "she doesn't write her own music and doesn't care about writing credits" is so demeaning and untruthful, especially when we know Britney would be left uncredited at times.

I never said she doesn’t know what masters are, of course she knows. I’m saying it’s not her priority. 
You are looking at it negatively, sure she wrote songs and all that but like everyone said, she is the type to not care much about owning masters. And at this moment it’s hardly on her mind so I doubt it’s that important to her. Again it’s important to Taylor but Britney is not Taylor, It’s not a big deal as most likely she would do what Justin did and just sell it. 

21 minutes ago, Puppy said:

she is the type to not care much about owning masters. And at this moment it’s hardly on her mind so I doubt it’s that important to her.

We don't know that. When did she ever mention that? We know she cares about the songs she wrote (remember the whole Jamie Lynn remix story?) and that she wants to get back control - what a better way to do that other than owning her own songs?

Some people in this thread are just inferring that Britney doesn't even know what masters are or that she doesn't care when we don't know anything about what she thinks about it. The infantilizing of her here kinda rustled my jimmies lmao

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Applejack said:

We don't know that. When did she ever mention that? We know she cares about the songs she wrote (remember the whole Jamie Lynn remix story?) and that she wants to get back control - what a better way to do that other than owning her own songs?

Some people in this thread are just inferring that Britney doesn't even know what masters are or that she doesn't care when we don't know anything about what she thinks about it. The infantilizing of her here kinda rustled my jimmies lmao

It’s the same as people assuming she wants to because someone else does. It’s been discussed countless times and seeing as she said she wants a 10 year break means it’s far from her mind and by that time would it even matter to her after a decade. 

45 minutes ago, Puppy said:

It’s the same as people assuming she wants to because someone else does. It’s been discussed countless times and seeing as she said she wants a 10 year break means it’s far from her mind and by that time would it even matter to her after a decade. 

a 10 year break wouldn't interfere with her ability to control her catalog, approve songs to be used in commercials, approve remixes or in general do whatever she wants with her music without actually stepping on a stage, a radio station or even actually releasing anything. I'm not saying this is gonna happen, I'm just saying it makes sense for her to regain control over something as elementary as her music and the reason isn't either "she doesn't know about masters" or "she doesn't care about her music."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Applejack said:

a 10 year break wouldn't interfere with her ability to control her catalog, approve songs to be used in commercials, approve remixes or in general do whatever she wants with her music without actually stepping on a stage, a radio station or even actually releasing anything. I'm not saying this is gonna happen, I'm just saying it makes sense for her to regain control over something as elementary as her music and the reason isn't either "she doesn't know about masters" or "she doesn't care about her music."

Exactly, her having all the rights and therefore royalties and gains from her catalog enables her not having to work/releasing stuff and keep living her lifestyle.

I really doubt you'all picture Britney actually getting calls whether she approves or not for a song o be used on x, y or z. She can afford a team that will do that. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block