Britney Spears and Janet Jackson documentaries up for Hollywood Critics Association awards

The final season of NBC's 'This Is Us' received the most nominations – 12.

The New York Times Presents: Controlling Britney Spears (FX) and Janet Jackson (Lifetime) are among the nominees for best broadcast network or cable docuseries or non-fiction series at the second annual HCA TV Awards, presented by the Hollywood Critics Association.

The awards will be presented on Aug. 13 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Best broadcast network or cable docuseries or non-fiction series

• 30 for 30 (ESPN)
  • The New York Times Presents: Controlling Britney Spears (FX)
  • Janet Jackson (Lifetime)
  • Shark Tank (ABC)
  • The American Rescue Dog Show (ABC)
  • We Need to Talk About Cosby (Showtime)

Source: https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/hollywood-critics-association-awards-music-nominations-1235111551/

• Content Curators

So do we vote even though Britney called it trash? Anyhow we appreciate the blackbox whistleblower Alex for coming forward and submitting evidence of illegal bugging that may help her case. 

Janet probably deserves the win 👑

Edited by Caleb Ellis
43 minutes ago, Caleb Ellis said:

So do we vote even though Britney called it trash? Anyhow we appreciate the blackbox whistleblower Alex for coming forward and submitting evidence of illegal bugging that may help her case. 

Janet probably deserves the win 👑

1 minute ago, Stefani said:

Hope Janet wins since Britney couldn't care less about this. :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Totally agree with you guys, I hope the Victory goes to Janet💫, it would be disrespectful to Britney if she won, as she has shown her Disagreement.

• Love 1

Honestly I'm not just saying this cause I love Britney, but the NYT doc deserves to win. It brought to the GP's attention what Britney was going through and really started a conversation about conservatorship in this country and how broken it is. Honestly, if it wasn't for it, I don't think our girl would be free right now. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Honestly I'm not just saying this cause I love Britney, but the NYT doc deserves to win. It brought to the GP's attention what Britney was going through and really started a conversation about conservatorship in this country and how broken it is. Honestly, if it wasn't for it, I don't think our girl would be free right now. 

You are right. It really had an effect and caused a social pressure, and even in the courts, that can't be denied. But to give a statuette to the victim for something that is not to her liking, I personally would not see it right, especially when she has not been happy with the material.  If they gave the award to the investigators of ''The New York Times'' it would be excellent, they deserve it.

Yay at This is Us! Mandy Moore and all the cast deserve every single award. She was outstanding playing Rebecca Pearson and the songs. With this role she stablished herself as a serious actress.

On the other hand I think Controlling Britney Spears has to win. It was the one that started all the legal investigation and the New York Times did an amazing job with their research. I'm sure Britney saw it in full she would be grateful.

Can we vote?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block