Did the CONs leak the SONG Make Me to distract from Mr. Jamie Lynn’s car crash that killed three people?: A Research Thread

4 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

100%. a roll out of the lead single with zero announcement or promotion would destroy sales for the entire album

I suspect this is why Britney was forced by Larry to do that summer tour...The one she referred to in her June 23rd testimony.

They would have needed to recoup their loses after spending millions on David's video.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Oh wow!

I thought it was a collage that was created in Photoshop!

I didn't realize that Britney was posing front of the actual artwork.

I don't know that for sure but there's a reflection of an assistant holding up one of the pieces! And a visible elbow :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

spacer.png

• Love 4
  • Like 4
12 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

There's hardly anything here and I don't see how a botched Britney single rollout would be of any relevance to what you guys are suggesting?

I think the problem may be that there's too much.

There's an overwhelming amount of detail in this thread that just needs to be simplified down so that we're hitting the main story beats.

We spent an insane amount of time trying to overturn every stone before posting...But the fanbase doesn't need to see all of the stones. Exhale only needs to see the dots connected, and we can provide the receipts if questioned on the details.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I suspect that leaking the song to Perez Hilton on the day of the crash was meant to be a distraction...And it worked!

Axing David's original artwork and re-shooting the MM video with Randee as director possibly fell into the same category as what happened with the Perfume video.

Team CON (errr, Lou) likely didn't want to appear insensitive or draw attention to JP3's crash...And releasing album artwork and (possibly) a music video that featured a car crash might have done just that.

Remember...

They were trying to launch JL's singing career exactly around this time...So botching the MM rollout would have been about preserving JL's image at the expense of Britney's.

Here's where I'm going to strongly disagree with you.

Why the hell would they sabotage something they are making millions off of (Britney) just to support something that probably can barely clear a million a year (JL)?

That doesn't make any sense.

Using Britney to boost JL like they did made total sense, but hurting Britney's career for it? Something they were all making insane amounts of money off of? C'mon...

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Why the hell would they sabotage something they are making millions off of (Britney) just to support something that probably can barely clear a million a year (JL)?

Great point. Dare i say love? Like Lou loves JL? Nahhhh...thats way too far fetched.

I'll have to noodle on your question. bc i dont have any facts, just guesses on this.

My guess is that Mr. JL was intertwined with the CONs financials (like $50M entwined). AND! This bonehead was not insured for the crash. He is EXPLICITLY excluded from the insurance policy for the truck and Fluker--he has a terrible driving record.

The reason I think Mr. JL is intertwined in the CON financials is bc he has several sus $50M mortgages in the Tangiapohoa records. Mr. JL doesn't own ANYTHING worth $50M, so a bank would be insane to lend him this $$. Its no different than you or I trying to get a $50M loan. The bank would need $50M of collateral to back the loan. I suspect that JL used B's assets to back the loan.

*If this is true* Mr. JL being involved in this crash would expose the entire B fortune to this lawsuit. 

Mr. JL loan info:

Screenshot-2022-07-08-134648.png

• Love 1
  • Like 3
36 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Here's where I'm going to strongly disagree with you.

No, that doesn't make sense.

But I suspect they simply panicked...MM was leaked by Perez Hilton just hours after the crash.

I think Team CON figured the fanbase would be happy with the Disney version of the MM video and with Randee's album artwork. We'd lowered our bar so many times since 2008 that I think they thought the fans would be grateful for anything that represented fresh content from Britney.

In this case, they were very wrong.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Because the stems are leaked this triggers a rush release for the song for July 15...but the song isnt even available online until mid/late day July 15.

not that it matters that much, but just as a technicality, the song WAS available online on July 14 at night

You can see the date of the video 

or other news sites

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/britney-spears-g-eazy-make-me-7438949/

Some people were even gifting it on itunes to those that couldn't purchase it in the US, that's how I got it :P 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Also @RebellionSparkles I don't know if you've taken this into consideration, but Private Show was teased on July 11. The whole Private Show perfume and ad almost overlapped with MM release. In fact we got to hear clips of Private Show, at least officially, before MM was officially released. 

Oh wow so the MM launch was even more botched. that totally takes the attention away from the private show perfume release.

27 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

not that it matters that much, but just as a technicality, the song WAS available online on July 14 at night

or other news sites

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/britney-spears-g-eazy-make-me-7438949/

Some people were even gifting it on itunes to those that couldn't purchase it in the US, that's how I got it :P 

I'm thinking July 14th was originally going to be the premiere date of David's music video.

So the song rolled out (mostly) as scheduled...Apart from Perez Hilton leaking snippets just hours after the crash.

July 14, 2016 - New Orleans radio station B97 announces it will premiere Britney’s new single, “Make Me (Oooh)” at midnight that night.

July 16, 2016 - The “Make Me” video is re-filmed, with Randee St. Nicholas directing.

28 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the song WAS available online on July 14 at night

thank you

So it was available on the night of the 14th. hmmm

How did yall learn about the song being dropped? There was 1 radio station in New Orleans that announced it would be playing the song July 14 at midnight...but that tweet still has very few retweets and responses. Did Exhale know it was dropping the night of the 14th? This was before my BH days. :)

And also yall are much cooler than i am, so even now it might take me a while to figure out a song has been released. :matches: 

9 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm thinking July 14th was originally going to be the premiere date of David's music video.

That could work...but do you really think there is any way the CONs were ever going to let that video be released? I cant imagine that world. So the real question is when did they see the video for the first time. That would help clarify the timeline.

13 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

thank you

So it was available on the night of the 14th. hmmm

How did yall learn about the song being dropped? There was 1 radio station in New Orleans that announced it would be playing the song July 14 at midnight...but that tweet still has very few retweets and responses. Did Exhale know it was dropping the night of the 14th? This was before my BH days. :)

And also yall are much cooler than i am, so even now it might take me a while to figure out a song has been released. :matches: 

I really don't remember the exact series of events, and most old threads have a different OP date than the actual thread so it's hard to search, I just remember watching the clip at night on my computer lol and there was also this user that was very upset because people were downloading it illegally, but we just wanted to hear it.

I know some clips had leaked, and some may remember it better, but I think it was like very low quality. I remember distinctively there was an audio making the rounds of a Brazilian guy literally humming the song :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: those were the days. 

The Private Show ad, the full thing, came out on July 13, I was at work when it happened lol 

Then I just know the MM song was out on July 14, but I don't remember the exact context. I need to search on other fan sites. 

On July 15 she posted this

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

That could work...but do you really think there is any way the CONs were ever going to let that video be released? I cant imagine that world. So the real question is when did they see the video for the first time. That would help clarify the timeline.

Well, if David's version was filmed June 2 to June 4...

And it was set to premiere on July 14th...Which was the day the song was actually serviced to radio...

That's a six-week turnaround.

What's the usual turnaround on a music video these days? Does anyone know?

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

June 2, 2016 - E! News shares an interview with Britney on the set of her new music video for “Make Me,” to be directed by David LaChapelle.

June 3, 2016 - At 1:25 a.m., Britney shares a photo from the set of the “Make Me” music video shoot on her Instagram.

July 11, 2016 - Three Kentwood residents are killed on Hwy. 51 near Fluker, LA around 5:45 p.m. when the driver of a 1990 Chevrolet pickup truck collides with the back of a southbound tractor trailer. The tractor trailer had stopped due to a second tractor trailer which was fully blocking the northbound and southbound lanes. The rear axles of the second tractor trailer were stuck in the west-side ditch adjacent to a private residence's driveway.

July 11, 2016 - Perez Hilton leaks a two-second snippet of Britney’s new single, “Make Me (Oooh)” from what appears to be a Vimeo page during a Facebook Live session hosted from his laptop.

July 12, 2016 - Perez Hilton leaks snippets of Britney’s new single, “Make Me (Oooh)” on his blog.

July 14, 2016 - New Orleans radio station B97 announces it will premiere Britney’s new single, “Make Me (Oooh)” at midnight that night.

I was just looking at the metadata of those desert photos by LaChapelle.

spacer.png

Create Date 2016:06:13 14:19:16

https://www.metadata2go.com/result/b328e497-df83-4081-ac09-4931c6b1c41a

spacer.png

Create Date 2016:06:13 12:28:01

https://www.metadata2go.com/result/f6aa54a0-fa9f-4a57-b73e-0c6ebe828a1a

And for the video of the men on a tractor with Brit yelling "I don't like it" - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI5eePe6pCY

spacer.png

Published on June 5, 2016. 

I'm guessing the still photos were shot after the video was finished?

Edited by Ghoulia
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

I was just looking at the metadata of those desert photos by LaChapelle.

spacer.png

Create Date 2016:06:13 14:19:16

https://www.metadata2go.com/result/b328e497-df83-4081-ac09-4931c6b1c41a

spacer.png

Create Date 2016:06:13 12:28:01

https://www.metadata2go.com/result/f6aa54a0-fa9f-4a57-b73e-0c6ebe828a1a

And for the video of the men on a tractor with Brit yelling "I don't like it" - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI5eePe6pCY

spacer.png

Published on June 5, 2016. 

I'm guessing the still photos were shot after the video was finished?

Damn, you're good.

What day did this emote occur? :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: I was under the impression that the "wedding" they were attending in the desert was the day that David shot her in that white outfit with the tall white boots.

Either way...

This tells me that by June 13, 2016, they still considered David's work to be "all systems go."

And then something happened.

July 16, 2016 - The “Make Me” video is re-filmed, with Randee St. Nicholas directing.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.