JK Rowling buys Macy Gray's music catalogue after transphobic comments: "Just because you go change your parts, doesn't make you a woman"

I can’t believe that a cis-woman who supported multiple times LGBT people saying that a trans woman isn’t the same as a cis one gets so much backlash, media-time and press when there’s… more urgent LGBT issues :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Like, when they get killed in some countries these past few weeks (I’m sure many haven’t heard of it) :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

LGBT people need to get their priorities checked, they certainly don’t have the privilege to whine about such futile issues. Imagine if women in the 60s fought for some "rights to be called a certain label" when they couldn’t open a bank account or wear pants :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2

I identify as. Therefore I am. 

If you justify the whole transgender ”I’m a woman” thing…then you have to support the above. Meaning if a white man comes up to you and tells you he identifies as a black woman, you have to apply all the “they were born trapped in the wrong body” justification to this guy as well. Or anyone who identifies as someone/something else. You can’t pick and choose. But people don’t. And suddenly it’s racism and appropriation. 

Today’s culture is literally incomprehensible 

The problem is that people we can’t live in harmony. Just let people live their lives. Be happy. Do you. Be a woman, a man, the best kangaroo…a motherffing bagel. Get spread open and creamed on with that cream cheese and live you happiest life. 🙄

On 7/5/2022 at 4:17 PM, Urbanney said:

The responses in this thread ain’t it and of course it’s always the same Exhalers saying the same **** in every thread like this. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Yes, obviously, a transgender woman and a biological woman are not the same thing scientifically and in life experience. However, trans people are born feeling like their body doesn’t match their gender - meaning a woman always feeling trapped in a man’s body. Just because she was born in the wrong body does not mean she is not psychologically a woman.

She is already aware she is in the wrong body. She is already aware she is not biologically the gender she feels she is. So what’s the point in being yet another person telling her she’s not who she is?

Out of all the problems in the world, JK Rowling and apparently now Macy Gray are more concerned about identities of other people than doing anything better with their time. To me, this is the same issue as being gay. Why do you care who other people love or what gender they are? You should treat all other people as you want to be treated: with respect and kindness. To be using your platform to tell someone else they aren’t who they feel they are is just disrespectful, shameful, and a waste.  There’s no point in doing it except to express your prejudice against someone else. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

Can we actually do something about the crazy transphobia in this thread or  is that not the vibe hh. I’m seriously tired of this and I think you can understand why for real. This is so constant 

Spoilerwkey triggering 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RIK THE ORIGINAL DOLL said:

Can we actually do something about the crazy transphobia in this thread or  is that not the vibe hh. I’m seriously tired of this and I think you can understand why for real. This is so constant 

Reveal hidden contents

Idk how to get rid of the hidden content. There is nothing to hide shdjdjdjdjdj I just think this is so so crazy 

1 hour ago, RIK THE ORIGINAL DOLL said:

Reveal hidden contents

You’ll have to ask Jordan. He leans more on the side of free speech. I don’t make the rules, I can only enforce them. If you see any blatant instances, report it and I’ll give warning points. 

• Love 1

I am in no way transphobic and I support trans rights 100% (not trans kids tho) but what bothers me is that many trans people try to tell women they are now not women anymore but cis women as they want to claim the label "women/men" as theirs , why does it bother them so much that women are called women and they are called trans women ? It only makes it seem like they don't want to accept themselves..... Same goes for trans men , if you are trans just admit you are trans and be proud of it , instead of telling people what they're not just to be proud of what you are, I'm sure it'll only make it better for them .

• 6 months later...

I didn't see anything wrong on what she said. And I dont think Jk is transphobic. Why would she? She  has gay characters in  the HP world. 

Don't preach on me. I I know trans and the rest are different things. 

I treat trans with respect. 

But saying they are women in the sense of cis is of course very wrong and ridiculous. 

I like old cultures idea of a third gender and placement of identity. This fits trans pretty well. 

The neurotic woke culture bothers me. Specially the pronouns and non binary part 

What is a they/their ?  A multiple personality disorder?  Give me a break. 

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block