JK Rowling buys Macy Gray's music catalogue after transphobic comments: "Just because you go change your parts, doesn't make you a woman"

20 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

She didn't speak nonsense.  What she said is literally coming from a woman that has been her whole life. I get it. Transgender people wants to be considered either man or woman if they change their parts. But they weren't naturally born with the s** they recognize now. In the end, it's a tricky situation to talk about it. Like Macy said, "doesn't think you should be labeled transphobic just because you don't agree.". 

Maybe you haven't heard but s** and gender are two different things. Obviously trans people are born in the wrong bodies or else they wouldn't be trans, but their gender has always been. All they're doing is trying their best to align their physical bodies with who they really are. 

You can sit there and say it's not transphobic but how isn't it? These people who are doing absolute nothing to bother anyone are constantly being told that they're basically a joke and they'll never be who they want to be. Even if you really.believe that, what's the point in saying in? Being a gay person, I would hope you'd have a bit more compassion considering we're constantly being attacked by being refused service and having ppl constantly fight against our right to get married. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, neko said:

no, but cute attempt. i said gay MEN, not “gay people” (women can be gay, too, you’re not special) have no place telling biological women and transgender women how to feel. period. stay mad that for once, YOUR gender and s.exual orientation doesn’t matter in a conversation. this is not about straight men, or gay men. this is about women, both biological and transgender alike. not gay males. 

once again, you failed to acknowledge the transgender woman in this thread. obviously her views don’t matter to you. as stated previously, you just like to act vicariously offended. get over yourself. you were not defending anyone, besides yourself lmao. yep, you were defending your own one dimensional & useless views. you will never know what it is like to be a biological woman and you will also never know what it is like to be a transgender woman. you were just triggered because i said gay men shouldn’t be telling biological women and transgender women how to feel. 

care to explain why you continue to ignore the transgender woman in this thread? does her view not matter because it does not coincide with yours, despite the fact that she is a part of the demographic you claim to “defend”? or do you just selectively “defend” people only when they agree with you? 

Overreaction to a simple request. The point remains. Stay pressed, I guess.

the way she said was kinda "hateful"... but thats her honest opinion and giving it a second thought... well... she has a point if she meant that there are SO MANY subjective things about being BORN as a woman among the "simple" physical change.

but JR steppin in the "situation" was a complete mess... unnecessary af :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

9 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Overreaction to a simple request. The point remains. Stay pressed, I guess.

you demanded. you never asked nor requested. unfortunately for you, your “points” are garbage. stay mad and triggered that i said your demographic has no place telling other demographics how to feel, peasant. 

stay pressed that the transgender woman you continue to ignore in this thread agrees with us biological women. i know men like you want women - both biological and transgender alike - to bow down to your bullsh.it, but it will never happen. sorry bout it, peasant. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

1 hour ago, x.rox said:

Most sports are divided because science dictates that males do have a physiological advantage over females. Period. There’s no debate. Separation of the ***es ensures fairness in competition. Especially at Olympic levels. Even if the sports had been separated initially based off a s**ist notion, it doesn’t nullify the legitimacy of a scientific reasoning for keeping them separate.

So no, the sports issue does not fall apart. And the academic journal articles on the topic, the few that examine the issue, looks at hormone replacement therapy and unequivocally says even after several years of hormone replacement therapy, biological males whom have transitioned  to female STILL have a physiological advantage. This isn’t up for debate. This is the problem with your argument, you write a long piece and not once you want to address the science. Herein lies the crux of our problem. This is the issue. Right here. You write a bunch of fluff, a textbook example of a social sciences rebuttal, yet ignore the actual science. 

A 5’2 man and a 5’2 female, both Olympic weight lifters, both the same weight, the male STILL has an irrefutable advantage that boils down to science and the human body. 

It’s about fairness. We shouldn’t dismantle an entire system that ensures some semblance of fairness to accommodate in the name of making people feel good. 

I'm not ignoring any science. I'm giving you a very simple set of examples, that have nothing to do with skill but physical advantage, and historically speaking, sports were not divided because of scientific differences, they were divided on social reasons.

What biological advantage does a 5'2  athlete who is female over one who is male? Particularly if they are similarly skilled, similar weights and similar classes? I mean, if its boxing, they'll be similar compared, and any other non contact sport would have similar measures, no?

I'm not saying there's no difference, but your framing of the conversation is without variable factors? Any 6ft heavy weight boxer would have an advantage over a 5ft feather weight.

I'm using boxing because it has an easy to apply class system.

4 minutes ago, neko said:

you demanded. you never asked nor requested. unfortunately for you, your “points” are garbage. stay mad and triggered that i said your demographic has no place telling other demographics how to feel, peasant. 

stay pressed that the transgender woman you continue to ignore in this thread agrees with us biological women. i know men like you want women - both biological and transgender alike - to bow down to your bullsh.it, but it will never happen. sorry bout it, peasant. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Not at all but stay pressed.

52 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

One of the stupidest posts I’ve ever read. You will simply see no women winning anymore - maybe that’s what you want? Ask Serena Williams how she’d like to abolish the male/female categories when she herself has said ‘If I play someone like Andy Murray I’ll lose 6-0 6-0 in 5 to 10 minutes, it’s a totally different game’. I’m sure you’ll also speak over the numerous female athletes who’ve stated respectfully why it is unfair but it is not just about testosterone, it is also about heart and lung capacity and advantages gained during puberty. And no, that some men have advantages over others physically (like Michael Phelps) doesn’t mean we should abolish the categories, lmao. You ask ‘why is Macy Gray even speaking? How does it impact her?’ this is exactly why. Women aren’t giving up what they’ve worked to establish because men like you decide they should. 

You say that like its a definitive fact. That's a hypothetical. I didn't ask why is Macy Grey speaking, I made a point. Keep trying.

31 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I'm not ignoring any science. I'm giving you a very simple set of examples, that have nothing to do with skill but physical advantage, and historically speaking, sports were not divided because of scientific differences, they were divided on social reasons.

What biological advantage does a 5'2  athlete who is female over one who is male? Particularly if they are similarly skilled, similar weights and similar classes? I mean, if its boxing, they'll be similar compared, and any other non contact sport would have similar measures, no?

I'm not saying there's no difference, but your framing of the conversation is without variable factors? Any 6ft heavy weight boxer would have an advantage over a 5ft feather weight.

lol

female boxers have shorter rounds due to the extensive research in concussions and injuries

dead mass still matters, women will have 2-3 times as much body fat in comparison to their male counterparts. a man’s essential fat (the bare minimum needed to survive) is 10-13%. at the same weight and fitness level, a male has significantly more muscle mass than a woman. this manifests itself in a simple concept. coincidentally, men have a higher ratio of fast/twitch muscle fibres which translates directly to strength

there are rarely any mixed-gender boxing matches for several reasons. due to testosterone, male bodies have more growth potential. even if you control for weight, you will typically end up with a male who has more strength, more speed, and a longer reach. consult a strength overlap chart for more details. 

female tennis players also have far slower serves than males due to the aforementioned reasons (and stride differences, lower angular velocity, etc) 

i can go on and on

• Like 4

I'm kinda amazed at the amount of energy some woke persons spend on trying to cancel an "ally" (made characters gay and stuff) who said some sensitive things when some States are talking about bringing back sodomy laws, others are increasing and pushing anti-gay laws (Japan), and others are simply enforcing death penalty ruthlessly and don't care about hate-crimes. Yup, LGBT being beaten-up/killed in most parts of the world and some spend hours fighting for a tweet of a woman who showed several times her support for the LGBT cause. It kinda shows how privileged these people are though. If you were born in Russia or Iran, you wish you had these kind of issues to deal with lol

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Just watch the upcoming Olympic Games and compare (esp.in running and swimming) the performances of the guys and the girls, same height and "same-looking body".

It's much easier for a guy to increase its arm strength and explosiveness, and also to increase its cardio compared to a woman who is kinda similar at first. Just compare the basic guy hitting the gym 3x/week while eating normally, he'll get big arms, bigger than some women bodybuilder who did that their entire life with a millimeter-caliber diet. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Mxra said:

I feel like I can speak on this as I myself am trans. I don't entirely disagree with what she's said here. I know that I am no biological women. I know I was born a man but have gone surgeries and hormonal therapy to LIVE AS a women. I know what I was born as. I don't pretend any different.

My gender identity = female.

My s** = male. 

I'll be honest and say that I personally am completely at odds with the trans community for not sharing their views. It's really opened my eyes to how toxic the LGBT+ community is when you don't share the same views. 

This. We need some common sense in the LGBT community. The insane activists are making us look like clowns. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Popcornie said:

I mean I think theres some truth to this. Being a trans woman isnt necessarily about the genitals, its about your brains.

this is a very tricky topic, and I don't mean to cause more controversy, but there's actually been some studies that show that the brains of transgender women prior to hormone therapy are already more similar to those of cis women than cis men

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8955456/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

it might not be exactly the same, as you say, but I mean, not all men are the same nor all women, so it's more about like a spectrum, and trans people usually fall within the spectrum of the gender they identify with.

• Love 1

I watched the interview, piers Morgan kinda set her up.

I feel bad for Macy, i thought i was listening to a child inside an adult. 

She talked about how to her the flag needs to change colors, basically the stars, she did her own with pink, brown and white stars. 

Bery innocent and child like, then piers did what everybody sees coming.

It was very bad, man that man is good at catching you off guard into manipulating the situation and she's getting death threats and basically said watch the interview, she had no idea he was gonna do what he did..

It was only to talk About independence day and being an American, her answer was just impulsive one cos it came out of nowhere on his end. 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

this is a very tricky topic, and I don't mean to cause more controversy, but there's actually been some studies that show that the brains of transgender women prior to hormone therapy are already more similar to those of cis women than cis men

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8955456/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

it might not be exactly the same, as you say, but I mean, not all men are the same nor all women, so it's more about like a spectrum, and trans people usually fall within the spectrum of the gender they identify with.

Yess i think that trans women do fall under the woman umbrella. However i think it is just realistic to at the same time understand that being a trans woman and a cis woman are two totally different life experiences, topics such as periods and ********* arenr experiences trans women can partake in or experience. Cis women wont know what its like growing up as a trans woman and experiencing dysphoria. 

So I think the main point is here that even though Trans women should be referred as women and i support them in their life, its also realism to admit that trans women just cant be made to the same thing into bio women. And the idea that you can just get surgeries to be like biowomen and remove all your dysphoria issues is just totalle false in my opinion. Its not much talked but bottom surgery doesnt always help and sometimes the people even come to regret it. Like you said its a very complex issue but I definitely fear that its being made as black and white kind of thing. Trans people for who the transition and surgery were successfull will tell everyone that they always knew and stuff and yeah good for them but there genuinely are people out there who dont know if theyre trans or who go through the process and realize that theyre not really a transwoman, but just a feminine man. Im sorry im going past the point in your comment this is just that kind of issue u can talk and talk and talk about. 

But i want to clear that i do support transition, especially social transition and changing your appearance. I just think bottom surgery and selling people the idea that you can be changed into a bio woman through surgery are very slippery slopes

15 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

So I think the main point is here that even though Trans women should be referred as women and i support them in their life, its also realism to admit that trans women just cant be made to the same thing into bio women

seems like this has only ever been the point amongst people who aren't bigots and morons. trans women have the "trans" before the word "women"........words have meaning. words and ideas shape and change the world. simple. no need to hate trans women, but to call them plain WOMEN is idiotic. they do not have a *******. they do not have a uterus. they cannot give birth. this is what defines a woman PHYSICALLY. macy was speaking about PHYSICAL parts. ya'll are doing the most. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block