JK Rowling buys Macy Gray's music catalogue after transphobic comments: "Just because you go change your parts, doesn't make you a woman"

3 hours ago, BritneyLover said:

I feel so disapointed about readying so many gay people not knowing that

1. Being a man or a woman is a cultural human construction.

2. It is NOT about genitals.

3. Transgender is not the same as tran*E*UAL.

Of course a person with a va**** goes through a totally different life experience than someone with a d***. Cause their biology, body changes, hormones, and relationship with their body is different and then theres CULTURE.

everything you ADD about what society expects from someone who has a va**** as opossed to someone with a d*** as how they should walk, talk, move, up to what their skills sport or even job should be and who they should feel attracted to is a HUMAN TRAUMA. We even have COLORS for each. Its just a cultural construction not a TRUTH.

So if someone with a d*** feels like a woman, she can be a woman with a d***. Its as simple as that and it should not lead to a war with those woman who have a va**** and make them feel threatened.. i dont know WHY is that? If anything this is helping everyone end the mysoginy... And, there also are man with va***** so.. whats the drama?

Why do SOME cis woman try so hard to express the difference between them? 

THIS.

3 hours ago, neko said:

no, i won’t. don’t demand anything of me, you peasant. i don’t need to explain anything regarding this topic to a gay male. your view means even less than nothing when it comes to this subject. period. i know, a hard pill to swallow for a narcissist such as yourself, but do your best. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

a transgender woman in this thread has already spoken in this thread, and very well. yet you ignored her, why is that? can you explain that? she is a transgender woman, which is the demographic you think you’re defending, right? so why didn’t you acknowledge her post? is it because you’re an overly sensitive narcissist, so bored of your own life that you get a thrill out of being vicariously offended? oh. it also tells me you’re just here to spout your irrelevant drivel under the guise of being open-minded to others - you know, actual relevant views from relevant people pertaining to this topic i.e biological women and transgender women - views. the way you’re trying to lecture the transgender woman and biological women in this thread. you’re a complete and utter joke. stay mad that transgender women & biological women are more knowledgeable than you about this. and, stay even madder that transgender women are less sensitive towards the OP in question than you are, despite not being one yourself. sucks to suck. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Someone's overreacting...

You're on an opinion based thread, making dismissive statements. It doesn't make you look good. All I did was ask you to explain your point; you didn't do that. Have a sticker, I guess.

15 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Someone's overreacting...

You're on an opinion based thread, making dismissive statements. It doesn't make you look good. All I did was ask you to explain your point; you didn't do that. Have a sticker, I guess.

you never asked. you demanded. therefore, you’re a useless peasant. approach nicely and you will be treated as such. otherwise, shoo. 

just because i post my opinion in an opinion based thread doesn’t mean i am obligated to explain jacksh!t, especially to a gay male only looking to oppose the RELEVANT figures in this topic. you’re not a biological woman nor a transgender woman. you’re irrelevant in this conversation, and always will be. 

you think you’re important enough to demand explanations but STILL can’t explain why you failed to acknowledge the ONLY comment in this thread MADE by a transgender woman? does her view not matter? your boring and one dimensional back & forth debates matter more, i suppose? figures, i’d expect nothing more from a person shoving their nose in places it isn’t wanted. sit down, eat your applesauce, and shut up.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

The responses on here are so disappointing. But not surprising considering it’s exhale. Y’all are defending her like she said “well technically just because you change your parts your not biologically a woman.” That’s not what or how she said it. I’m just gonna leave these quotes from a rolling stone article about her, cause I don’t have the energy to put effort into ignorant people right now. 

Baited by certified transphobe Piers Morgan, who asked Gray for her definition of a “woman,” the “Sweet Baby” singer said she believed women to be “a human being with *****… and a *******.” She also later agreed with the interviewer that trans women have no place in women’s sports.

Let’s be clear: trans people’s gender identities are not defined by their genitals. Whatever body part people have between their legs is no one’s business. But isn’t Gray contradicting her own “***** and a *******” narrow-minded definition of womanhood here?

It seems that Gray doesn’t understand that trans women — regardless of the s** they were assigned at birth — are simply women. GLAAD defines gender identity as “a person’s internal, deeply held knowledge of their own gender.” Trans people’s gender identities are not built on anatomical differences, but on their own sense of identity and expression — and unlike, Gray’s definition, it’s not something you can simply “see.”

She’s absolutely correct about sports though. I once decided to search academic journal articles around this issue of trans women in female sporting and the scientific academic literature DOES NOT SUPPORT trans women in female sports. It’s VERY clear that even with hormone therapy, the vast majority of trans women have a biological physiological advantage over cis-women. I encourage anyone who’s interested to search academic peer-reviewed articles around the topic (not the social sciences, but biology). I fully support anyones right to identify as they wish but I get very irritated when the political left (and I am a centrist-liberal myself) decide conveniently to ignore the science in favour of political correctness. I don’t even know why we can’t just have certain co-Ed or trans-exclusive games like they have for people with disabilities for example, so that there’s no unfair advantages. 

The sporting issue illuminates a lot. When a trans woman takes a gold medal it’s absolutely questionable if a physiological advantage was at play considering the science. And what’s sad is, the cis-woman who worked her *** off to achieve gold, to get a scholarship to university, whatever it may be, suddenly loses those opportunities because biological MALES are now taking those opportunities away from them. That’s a big issue. What is being taken away from cis-women in the name of political-correctness.  

Cis-women have a right to want their safe spaces too. Like why is it okay for one group to have their safe spaces but demand another group of humans cannot? 

A trans woman is by all intents and purposes a woman by identity and I would always refer to a trans woman as their identity dictates. But we cannot ignore certain aspects of the issue as it relates to sports for example. It complicates things. Cis-women raising the issue are not transphobic. They’re realists and raising legitimate points and should not be burned at the stake for expressing their concern. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, neko said:

you never asked. you demanded. therefore, you’re a useless peasant. just because i post my opinion in an opinion based thread doesn’t mean i am obligated to explain jacksh!t, especially to a gay male only looking to oppose the RELEVANT figures in this topic. you’re not a biological woman nor a transgender woman. you’re irrelevant in this conversation, and always will be. 

you think you’re important enough to demand explanations but STILL can’t explain why you failed to acknowledge the ONLY comment in this thread MADE by a transgender woman? does her view not matter? your boring and one dimensional back & forth debates matter more, i suppose? figures, i’d expect nothing more from a person shoving their nose where it isn’t wanted. sit down, eat your applesauce, and shut up.

You're on a forum. Its literally a place to share opinions. Once again, overreaction. 

5 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

You're on a forum. Its literally a place to share opinions. Once again, overreaction. 

i shared my opinion. i never had to share an explanation for it. you never asked, you demanded. keep that in mind, peasant. you couldn’t handle my opinion because you felt personally attacked when i said gay men have no place telling biological and transgender women how to feel. 

once again, you cannot provide an explanation as to why you ignored the only transgender woman in this thread. typical. now fu.ck off, peasant. 

• Leader
18 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

she knows what she’s about to say is hateful and better left unsaid. 

18 hours ago, Urbanney said:

The responses in this thread ain’t it and of course it’s always the same Exhalers saying the same **** in every thread like this. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Yes, obviously, a transgender woman and a biological woman are not the same thing scientifically and in life experience. However, trans people are born feeling like their body doesn’t match their gender - meaning a woman always feeling trapped in a man’s body. Just because she was born in the wrong body does not mean she is not psychologically a woman.

She is already aware she is in the wrong body. She is already aware she is not biologically the gender she feels she is. So what’s the point in being yet another person telling her she’s not who she is?

Out of all the problems in the world, JK Rowling and apparently now Macy Gray are more concerned about identities of other people than doing anything better with their time. To me, this is the same issue as being gay. Why do you care who other people love or what gender they are? You should treat all other people as you want to be treated: with respect and kindness. To be using your platform to tell someone else they aren’t who they feel they are is just disrespectful, shameful, and a waste.  There’s no point in doing it except to express your prejudice against someone else. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, x.rox said:

She’s absolutely correct about sports though. I once decided to search academic journal articles around this issue of trans women in female sporting and the scientific academic literature DOES NOT SUPPORT trans women in female sports. It’s VERY clear that even with hormone therapy, the vast majority of trans women have a biological physiological advantage over cis-women. I encourage anyone who’s interested to search academic peer-reviewed articles around the topic (not the social sciences, but biology). I fully support anyones right to identify as they wish but I get very irritated when the political left (and I am a centrist-liberal myself) decide conveniently to ignore the science in favour of political correctness. I don’t even know why we can’t just have certain co-Ed or trans-exclusive games like they have for people with disabilities for example, so that there’s no unfair advantages. 

The sporting issue illuminates a lot. When a trans woman takes a gold medal it’s absolutely questionable if a physiological advantage was at play considering the science. And what’s sad is, the cis-woman who worked her *** off to achieve gold, to get a scholarship to university, whatever it may be, suddenly loses those opportunities because biological MALES are now taking those opportunities away from them. That’s a big issue. What is being taken away from cis-women in the name of political-correctness.  

Cis-women have a right to want their safe spaces too. Like why is it okay for one group to have their safe spaces but demand another group of humans cannot? 

A trans woman is by all intents and purposes a woman by identity and I would always refer to a trans woman as their identity dictates. But we cannot ignore certain aspects of the issue as it relates to sports for example. It complicates things. Cis-women raising the issue are not transphobic. They’re realists and raising legitimate points and should not be burned at the stake for expressing their concern. 

The Sports Topic is one that kinda falls apart when you examine why there is a gender divide in sports in the first place. Take Football (or Soccer, just to be clear with names) as an example. During WW2, Women's football became a huge past time during the war, and grew in popularity. Once men returned from war, women's football was basically destroyed simply because women were successful and gained an audience. The same applies to figure skating, I believe, and this is all before we examine the societal expectations of women at the time and how they viewed professional sport; Was it a job and were women expected to be homemakers, rather than professionals when sports were divided?

Additionally, the notion of Physical Advantage is a sticky area, because ultimately, is that not what gives any sports person the advantage? Michael Phelps is nearly two metres tall, with size 14 shoe size (or 13 if you're using UK measurements). He has both a height advantage AND built in flippers? Is that not a Physical Advantage that others do not have? Mo Farah, as another example, weighs roughly 140 pounds, despite being average height. Does his metabolical rate not count as an advantage? 

This is all before we even consider the effects of hormones taken by a hypothetical transgender athelete. Lower Testosterone reduces muscle mass, but also refuces bone density. If an athelete is a trans woman, and is taking estrogen, that would play a part in her performance?....

...which then also raises the question, surely this would all be resolved if competitions were divided into weight classes, like boxing? or skill classes? rather than 'MAN! WOMAN!'

41 minutes ago, neko said:

i shared my opinion. i never had to share an explanation for it. you never asked, you demanded. keep that in mind, peasant. you couldn’t handle my opinion because you felt personally attacked when i said gay men have no place telling biological and transgender women how to feel. 

once again, you cannot provide an explanation as to why you ignored the only transgender woman in this thread. typical. now fu.ck off, peasant. 

This is, once again, an overreaction. Your point was just 'gay people shouldnt defend trans women'. 

14 hours ago, acevedomolina said:

There are even trans women who don't change their genitals and are women anyway. Being a woman is more than having female genitals. Nobody can tell you what your gender is. Your genitals don't define your gender. 

I thought the hospital did tell you that when you were born.

18 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

The Sports Topic is one that kinda falls apart when you examine why there is a gender divide in sports in the first place. Take Football (or Soccer, just to be clear with names) as an example. During WW2, Women's football became a huge past time during the war, and grew in popularity. Once men returned from war, women's football was basically destroyed simply because women were successful and gained an audience. The same applies to figure skating, I believe, and this is all before we examine the societal expectations of women at the time and how they viewed professional sport; Was it a job and were women expected to be homemakers, rather than professionals when sports were divided?

Additionally, the notion of Physical Advantage is a sticky area, because ultimately, is that not what gives any sports person the advantage? Michael Phelps is nearly two metres tall, with size 14 shoe size (or 13 if you're using UK measurements). He has both a height advantage AND built in flippers? Is that not a Physical Advantage that others do not have? Mo Farah, as another example, weighs roughly 140 pounds, despite being average height. Does his metabolical rate not count as an advantage? 

This is all before we even consider the effects of hormones taken by a hypothetical transgender athelete. Lower Testosterone reduces muscle mass, but also refuces bone density. If an athelete is a trans woman, and is taking estrogen, that would play a part in her performance?....

...which then also raises the question, surely this would all be resolved if competitions were divided into weight classes, like boxing? or skill classes? rather than 'MAN! WOMAN!'

Most sports are divided because science dictates that males do have a physiological advantage over females. Period. There’s no debate. Separation of the ***es ensures fairness in competition. Especially at Olympic levels. Even if the sports had been separated initially based off a s**ist notion, it doesn’t nullify the legitimacy of a scientific reasoning for keeping them separate.

So no, the sports issue does not fall apart. And the academic journal articles on the topic, the few that examine the issue, looks at hormone replacement therapy and unequivocally says even after several years of hormone replacement therapy, biological males whom have transitioned  to female STILL have a physiological advantage. This isn’t up for debate. This is the problem with your argument, you write a long piece and not once you want to address the science. Herein lies the crux of our problem. This is the issue. Right here. You write a bunch of fluff, a textbook example of a social sciences rebuttal, yet ignore the actual science. 

A 5’2 man and a 5’2 female, both Olympic weight lifters, both the same weight, the male STILL has an irrefutable advantage that boils down to science and the human body. 

It’s about fairness. We shouldn’t dismantle an entire system that ensures some semblance of fairness to accommodate in the name of making people feel good. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

This is, once again, an overreaction. Your point was just 'gay people shouldnt defend trans women'. 

no, but cute attempt. i said gay MEN, not “gay people” (women can be gay, too, you’re not special) have no place telling biological women and transgender women how to feel. period. stay mad that for once, YOUR gender and s.exual orientation doesn’t matter in a conversation. this is not about straight men, or gay men. this is about women, both biological and transgender alike. not gay males. 

once again, you failed to acknowledge the transgender woman in this thread. obviously her views don’t matter to you. as stated previously, you just like to act vicariously offended. get over yourself. you were not defending anyone, besides yourself lmao. yep, you were defending your own one dimensional & useless views. you will never know what it is like to be a biological woman and you will also never know what it is like to be a transgender woman. you were just triggered because i said gay men shouldn’t be telling biological women and transgender women how to feel. 

care to explain why you continue to ignore the transgender woman in this thread? does her view not matter because it does not coincide with yours, despite the fact that she is a part of the demographic you claim to “defend”? or do you just selectively “defend” people only when they agree with you? 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

One of the stupidest posts I’ve ever read. You will simply see no women winning anymore - maybe that’s what you want? Ask Serena Williams how she’d like to abolish the male/female categories when she herself has said ‘If I play someone like Andy Murray I’ll lose 6-0 6-0 in 5 to 10 minutes, it’s a totally different game’. I’m sure you’ll also speak over the numerous female athletes who’ve stated respectfully why it is unfair but it is not just about testosterone, it is also about heart and lung capacity and advantages gained during puberty. And no, that some men have advantages over others physically (like Michael Phelps) doesn’t mean we should abolish the categories, lmao. You ask ‘why is Macy Gray even speaking? How does it impact her?’ this is exactly why. Women aren’t giving up what they’ve worked to establish because men like you decide they should. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block