JK Rowling buys Macy Gray's music catalogue after transphobic comments: "Just because you go change your parts, doesn't make you a woman"

This "debate" always cracks me up, in a cringy sad way. 

The liberal agenda is always science based, right? We don't base it on religion, we base it on science. Then comes the awkward science behind a transgender persons PHYSICAL orientation, and all of a sudden we don't like science anymore 😂 

JK Rowling should honestly remove herself from the conversation, it's hilarious to me that she doesn't. At this point she's basically doubling down, because what she ORIGINALLY SAID wasn't incorrect. It's just not the politically correct way we want to hear it. Both Women and Transgender Women are physically women, the only difference being one wasn't physically a woman since birth. Why we can't just leave it at that is beyond me.... but again, this "debate" gets speared forward by BOTH sides. 

THE REAL QUESTION to me is why men like Piers Morgan, are essentially the ones driving it forward. Why do they find it necessary to work this conversation into their narratives? Why is it something that has to be debated? Why the **** is it news, why the **** does it matter? Why the **** do JK Rowling or Macy Gray need to speak on it?

Are either of these women trans? Does someone else being trans affect them? NO? Then shut the **** up. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

The responses on here are so disappointing. But not surprising considering it’s exhale. Y’all are defending her like she said “well technically just because you change your parts your not biologically a woman.” That’s not what or how she said it. I’m just gonna leave these quotes from a rolling stone article about her, cause I don’t have the energy to put effort into ignorant people right now. 

Baited by certified transphobe Piers Morgan, who asked Gray for her definition of a “woman,” the “Sweet Baby” singer said she believed women to be “a human being with *****… and a *******.” She also later agreed with the interviewer that trans women have no place in women’s sports.

Let’s be clear: trans people’s gender identities are not defined by their genitals. Whatever body part people have between their legs is no one’s business. But isn’t Gray contradicting her own “***** and a *******” narrow-minded definition of womanhood here?

It seems that Gray doesn’t understand that trans women — regardless of the s** they were assigned at birth — are simply women. GLAAD defines gender identity as “a person’s internal, deeply held knowledge of their own gender.” Trans people’s gender identities are not built on anatomical differences, but on their own sense of identity and expression — and unlike, Gray’s definition, it’s not something you can simply “see.”

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Mxra said:

I feel like I can speak on this as I myself am trans. I don't entirely disagree with what she's said here. I know that I am no biological women. I know I was born a man but have gone surgeries and hormonal therapy to LIVE AS a women. I know what I was born as. I don't pretend any different.

My gender identity = female.

My s** = male. 

I'll be honest and say that I personally am completely at odds with the trans community for not sharing their views. It's really opened my eyes to how toxic the LGBT+ community is when you don't share the same views. 

I don’t know many trans people but of the two I do, this has been their sentiment therefore how I view the trans community 🤷🏽‍♂️ idk if it’s right or wrong but it always made sense to me. I fully respect pronouns and identity - they are simply that!

I get how words can get away from people but I think people just generally don’t understand the trans community, especially when it comes to trans women. How one identifies is not, in any way, the same as biology. Hell, I tell people I’m transfinancial all the time lol I’m poor but I identify as rich as fūçk 😂 ijs…

Transgender women are transgender women. 

Women are women.

Men are men.

Transgender men are transgender men.

What is the big deal? Why do I have to call a transgender woman something else? It is inaccurate. There is nothing bad about being transgender. Why is the pressure for other people to call them something that they are not? They are transgender. It is not something bad. Trans men or woman should feel good about themselves and accept themselves instead of pressuring others to call them something that they are not. Trans women are not women, they are trans women, they should accept and carry the trans identity with honor.

• Love 2
  • Like 4

The question isn't whether she is wrong or right imo but the real question is: why does she bother. Why does she care. Why do we have to point put the differences?

If people transition into a woman and they call themself a woman, who are we to judge? Like I couldn't care less?

Even if you relate to a tomato I'd say; you do you. Just be happy...

Macy had the urge to lecture everyone.

She could have just said: "I don't care how anyone feels like or relates to, as long as they're happy with themselves". Wouldn't be so tonedeaf at all.

If a woman needs to point out the differences, then it sounds like the woman pointing it out has got selfesteem issues imo.

Imagine people having to go through such a hard change for natural born women to just call out the difference whenever they want... how ******* tonedeaf can u be.

10 minutes ago, neko said:

the way a bunch of gay men in this thread are trying to tell me, a biological woman, that there are no differences between a transgender woman and myself…the utter clownery. it is exhale after all though. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

RIGHTT????? GURL I'M LIKE SMH ALL THESE PPL TALKING LIKE THEY KNOW **** :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, dr35 said:

This "debate" always cracks me up, in a cringy sad way. 

The liberal agenda is always science based, right? We don't base it on religion, we base it on science. Then comes the awkward science behind a transgender persons PHYSICAL orientation, and all of a sudden we don't like science anymore 😂 

JK Rowling should honestly remove herself from the conversation, it's hilarious to me that she doesn't. At this point she's basically doubling down, because what she ORIGINALLY SAID wasn't incorrect. It's just not the politically correct way we want to hear it. Both Women and Transgender Women are physically women, the only difference being one wasn't physically a woman since birth. Why we can't just leave it at that is beyond me.... but again, this "debate" gets speared forward by BOTH sides. 

THE REAL QUESTION to me is why men like Piers Morgan, are essentially the ones driving it forward. Why do they find it necessary to work this conversation into their narratives? Why is it something that has to be debated? Why the **** is it news, why the **** does it matter? Why the **** do JK Rowling or Macy Gray need to speak on it?

Are either of these women trans? Does someone else being trans affect them? NO? Then shut the **** up. 

We don't base it on religion, because the only proof to religion is their core text, which are established to have been written by men, edited and adapted by Kings and leaders, preserved and read only by those in powee, reimagined for branching off sectors of religion and then translated failing to recognise mistranslations, and then re-edited depending on where they are being published, and that's before we even discuss how loosely the majority of text are followed, and how little us accredited to "God". I mean, we cannot celebrate a wedding as a Gift from God, when a refugees faces starvation, dehydration, war and disease on a daily basis. That's not God, its a privilege.

The science lines up, but if we're talking physical orientation (which I'm assuming means attractiveness), once again, the same thinking applies; is someone's identity only about how they physically or how attractive they are to cis-gendered people? Does that mean an average looking woman is less of a woman because she isn't the poster child of what is the "in fashion" appearance of women? Is an older woman less of a woman because a younger man doesn't find her attractive? This comes right back to "women are objects to be seen" which is a s**ist mindset.

JK knows what she is doing, she knows she gains from outrage and has a history of these statements, and even before this, she wrote under the name of the inventor of Conversion Therapy on Gay People. This is the same woman whose every character was given a unique and individual name that combined multiple languages....unless they were a minority. 

Piers nows its not about truth, it's about news and streams.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Then explain your point.

no, i won’t. don’t demand anything of me, you peasant. i don’t need to explain anything regarding this topic to a gay male. your view means even less than nothing when it comes to this subject. period. i know, a hard pill to swallow for a narcissist such as yourself, but do your best. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

a transgender woman in this thread has already spoken in this thread, and very well. yet you ignored her, why is that? can you explain that? she is a transgender woman, which is the demographic you think you’re defending, right? so why didn’t you acknowledge her post? is it because you’re an overly sensitive narcissist, so bored of your own life that you get a thrill out of being vicariously offended? oh. it also tells me you’re just here to spout your irrelevant drivel under the guise of being open-minded to others - you know, actual relevant views from relevant people pertaining to this topic i.e biological women and transgender women - views. the way you’re trying to lecture the transgender woman and biological women in this thread. you’re a complete and utter joke. stay mad that transgender women & biological women are more knowledgeable than you about this. and, stay even madder that transgender women are less sensitive towards the OP in question than you are, despite not being one yourself. sucks to suck. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, jennyj said:

RIGHTT????? GURL I'M LIKE SMH ALL THESE PPL TALKING LIKE THEY KNOW **** :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

one just got triggered by the fact that i typecasted him as a gay male, therefore irrelevant to this topic, too. another one bites the dust! thankfully, the transgender woman and biological women in this thread know what’s up, unlike peasants such as @ICouldntThinkOfOne:new_york_breathless_uncannyxman: the fact that he ignored the transgender woman in this thread in favour of arguing with others tells me all i need to know. the audacity of that peasant, demanding i explain to him what it’s like to be a biological woman OR a transgender woman like he would ever even try to understand. by refusing to acknowledge the differences between both, he is downplaying BOTH the experiences we face as biological women, and the experiences that the transgender woman in this thread (who spoke the truth) has faced. TRUE clownery, rent-free.

• Haha 1

I feel so disapointed about readying so many gay people not knowing that

1. Being a man or a woman is a cultural human construction.

2. It is NOT about genitals.

3. Transgender is not the same as tran*E*UAL.

Of course a person with a va**** goes through a totally different life experience than someone with a d***. Cause their biology, body changes, hormones, and relationship with their body is different and then theres CULTURE.

everything you ADD about what society expects from someone who has a va**** as opossed to someone with a d*** as how they should walk, talk, move, up to what their skills sport or even job should be and who they should feel attracted to is a HUMAN TRAUMA. We even have COLORS for each. Its just a cultural construction not a TRUTH.

So if someone with a d*** feels like a woman, she can be a woman with a d***. Its as simple as that and it should not lead to a war with those woman who have a va**** and make them feel threatened.. i dont know WHY is that? If anything this is helping everyone end the mysoginy... And, there also are man with va***** so.. whats the drama?

Why do SOME cis woman try so hard to express the difference between them? 

• Love 2

A person identifying themselves as a man or a woman (or non binary) doesn't hurt or affect anyone's life.

You can make somebody feel good and happy with themselves and you can help them live a peacefull life without it affecting you in any negative way possible just by giving them the grace to recognise them as they wish to be seen ... but you simply don't because "you don't think they are right" ?!

Just call a trans woman a woman and a trans man a man and everybody lives happily ever after. No heartache, no people feeling depressed or hurt. Just all love.

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block