JK Rowling buys Macy Gray's music catalogue after transphobic comments: "Just because you go change your parts, doesn't make you a woman"

21 minutes ago, Mxra said:

I feel like I can speak on this as I myself am trans. I don't entirely disagree with what she's said here. I know that I am no biological women. I know I was born a man but have gone surgeries and hormonal therapy to LIVE AS a women. I know what I was born as. I don't pretend any different.

My gender identity = female.

My s** = male. 

I'll be honest and say that I personally am completely at odds with the trans community for not sharing their views. It's really opened my eyes to how toxic the LGBT+ community is when you don't share the same views. 

Thank you so much! It's so harmful to ignore biology. It breaks my heart for trans ppl just trying to live their lives. I know that activists do not speak on behalf of the majority of trans ppl 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Mxra said:

I feel like I can speak on this as I myself am trans. I don't entirely disagree with what she's said here. I know that I am no biological women. I know I was born a man but have gone surgeries and hormonal therapy to LIVE AS a women. I know what I was born as. I don't pretend any different.

My gender identity = female.

My s** = male. 

I'll be honest and say that I personally am completely at odds with the trans community for not sharing their views. It's really opened my eyes to how toxic the LGBT+ community is when you don't share the same views. 

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1

The world is crazy! 

Listen, i support transpeople, i call them she or he, whatever they represent now. 

BUT: They are in fact not 100% a woman, i mean some straight dudes might not care, but many of them don't want to date a transperson and you can't blame them for that, for their ***uality! Some people have the mindset to think it's transphobia, it's not! 

And you know what? The LGBTQ community is too much in 2022 imho. 

1000 genders, gender-language, like get over yourself! It pisses people off, even the allies. 

• Love 3
  • Like 6
3 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

BUT: They are in fact not 100% a woman, i mean some straight dudes might not care, but many of them don't want to date a transperson and you can't blame them for that, for their ***uality! Some people have the mindset to think it's transphobia, it's not! 

i’ve read that some people support keeping it a secret for as long as possible. one should feel a moral obligation to disclose anything that could be a deal breaker during a relationship, otherwise you’re just holding someone hostage. if you feel that it’s best kept a secret instead of telling your significant other, then something is not right. it isn’t transphobic, wtf is wrong with some people.

I can't at people thinking transgender people just "change their parts" and therefore cannot be compared to cispeople. Literally all the science, biology and cultural histories around the globe  disagree with that, and that's before we even tip a toe into intersectionality. The experiences of a billionaire white straight cis woman, cannot be compared to that of a middle class person of colour.

Is having a ******* for birthing purposes the only definitinative feature of a woman? Does an infertile woman become less of a woman because she is infertile?

If you reduce the notion of womanhood down to genitals, you're Literally stripping women of everything except their ***uality. That is inherently problematic and s**ist.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

The world is crazy! 

Listen, i support transpeople, i call them she or he, whatever they represent now. 

And you know what? The LGBTQ community is too much in 2022 imho. 

1000 genders, gender-language, like get over yourself! It pisses people off, even the allies. 

It's not about straight men. You missed a lot of points.

JK Rowlin’s comment was beyond unnecessary. She deserves what she gets.

Edited after reading this thread: WHY DO PEOPLE CARE? WHY DOES MACY GRAY AND ANYONE ELSE CARE THAT SOMEONE WANTS TO BE CONSIDERED A WOMAN? HOW IS THAT AFFECTING YOUR LIFE IN ANY WAY? Let people effing live omg they are not bothering you / end rant 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block