10 years ago today, 'Katy Perry: Part of Me' was released in theaters. What do you remember?

It's crazy how quickly she went from being the world's leading pop star to doing cheesy commercials for food delivery apps in Europe. She'd literally do anything for some cash these days; a journalist friend of mine has been invited to the launch of a new Norwegian cruise line, and apparently she's going to perform at the opening night...

• Love 2
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

It's crazy how quickly she went from being the world's leading pop star to doing cheesy commercials for food delivery apps in Europe. She'd literally do anything for some cash these days; a journalist friend of mine has been invited to the launch of a new Norwegian cruise line, and apparently she's going to perform at the opening night...

Is not about status, maybe she's enjoying doing what she loves and making money from it. Love her. 

It's crazy how she went from being one of the biggest pop artists in the world in 2010 and having 9 no.1 singles, to being almost irrelevant, all within 7 years. Her Teenage Dream album was a huge achievement, being the first ever female album to produce 5 no.1 singles in 1 album. I loved both Teenage Dream and Prism. I wish she could have made a better comeback, but her albums Witness and Smile were just not good enough. It's ok though, she's had more success in less than a decade, then most artists have had in their entire career. Plus her net worth is 🤑.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I remember the scene where her divorce was unfolding. It was so sad to see her take out the necklace Russell gave her. She then was on a stage lift getting ready to perform, she was crying. Then as her windmills on her bra turned on and the stage lift moved, she was able to turn on the "Katy Perry" the performer on. I respected her for that. She still got on stage and performed for her fans. I really enjoyed this era of Katy. I even enjoyed the Prism era....

Just like what is already mentioned, it's so interesting to see the world turn on her. I forgot she even did the Superbowl 

• Love 2

Part of the reason why people turned on her was a two fold thing..

The Taylor swift incident, that made Katy Perry a bully, even Sharon Osbourne told everybody on the talk, that if it's true, this makes Katy the bad guy, as taking even one person from a tour. It's not good as people will notice it's odd and not really working, and it sounds like those 3 dancers in my opinion should have been upfront and not take the job, if they rather worK for Katy Perry, they could have said no and work for dance studios as teachers until she was ready.

Then the 2017 comments on mental health and Britney spears happened, yeah that was too much. 

Plus cutting her hair short into a blond pixie and acting like the Katy Perry people loved is dead and never coming back and what we are now getting is Katy Hudson and deal with it.

The public did, they just ignored what you were selling, cos they felt alienated and abandoned..

• Like 2

Oh God I remember all the hoopla about this. Folks made it out to be a really big deal but the movie itself was barely profitable. I watched it but didn't like the actual concert segments, probably because I'd already seen them via amateur videos taken by stans. The new material was much better, but I felt like I barely learned anything about Katy as a person.

The best part of that era wasn't even in the film, but the Wide Awake video which doubled as a movie tie-in.

21 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

I mean, she doesn’t need the money at all. She earns like $25 million just for doing American Idol every year. If she’s performing, she’s doing it because she loves it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block