Hear the "Rare" trackmasters remix of I'm gonna be alright with 50 Cent.

In, 2002 Jennifer Lopez was at the height of her pop star career, couldn't do wrong, so to keep public interest strong, epic records decided to do a remix album  

J to tha L-o: the remixes, it's in the world records as the first remix album to top the Billboard 200, commercially successful in the US, it's the best selling remix album to date with over 2 million copies sold, globally its the 4th  best seller after the remix albums By Michael Jackson, Madonna and Linkin park, respectively. 

The reason for the massive success in the us was the ain't it funny remix by ****** inc, unfortunately Billboard now created a rule as this was the second time a "remix" was more popular than the original version which was like the dance pop with euro elements of I'm real, bigger overseas..

However Billboard called out all parties about the ****** remixes, of both I'm real and ain't ut funny dubbing them technically new songs that outside the title, lyrically has no relationship to the pop tracks, and epic was forced to add ****** remix to charts, despite having the original lyrics, I'm gonna be alright had new jlo vocals for the trackmasters remix, while maintaining the original backgrounds vocals chorus (a popular trend in R&B goes way back to Mariah Carey to have the background singers sing the chorus while the main star of the track does adlibs, to enhances the recording.)

First pressings had 50 cent, but since he was just starting and irv gotti hated him (beef that lasts forever), Tommy added NAS to maje sure commercial success was guaranteed in terms of sales..

This was gonna start a feud and see a friendship between NAS and 50 cent fade off, who 50 considered family, but the industry does this tricks, abd subsequent pressings removed 50 cent, and kept it a solo version. 

To get the NAS version you have to buy the rare compact disc maxi single or if you live outside the US, you can stream it as the NAS version is an international bonus track on "This is Me...Then".

It's not accessible in the states, and neither is the maxi single which has club remixes by HQ2 (Hex hector and Mac Quayle) and club mixes of Alive by Chris Cox and Barry Harris aka Thunderpuss in both club and Tribe-A-Pella, enjoy the rare version that's hard to get outside the first pressings of the remix album..

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block