Why did Jive and Sony do nothing to help her when she made them so much money for so many years. Surely they saw something was off and oversaw the transfer of her contract to Jamie and Co.?

Β 

Spoiler

πŸ’₯

Β πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡

isn’t it all too convenient that none of them are being questioned when they likely saw many abusive practices happening during the conservatorship. she made them so much money over the years and continued to elevate funds through merch when she was locked up in that placeΒ 

they have overseen Michael Jackson get progressively poisoned throughout the end of his life (this is it tour is what??)Β 

Β 

And surely people at Sony knew about Mariahs situation ??? Also weird that even after the fact people at virgin would want to take advantage of her and buy her out of her contract instead of protecting their artist or providing insurance of some kind?? Labels are so responsible for so much and pass a blind eye. It’s humiliating and demoralizing to their biggest stars, not because I think ppl need to pity the rich but because these stars have (and before even just a few years ago) had so much control over a stars come up and choices. Is it because labels view this stuff was private matters after they reach a certain stature? Did this come off as a convenient way to put a leash on one of their biggest cash cows who they know at one point were just regular signees of the labelΒ 

Another thing…… how does that work exactly? Getting to sign over all her label stuff without the court Knowing money is being made off the conservator? The state of California KNEW what they were doing and yet they are stalling and waiting for Jamie to fuel fire on himself as the sole sacrificial lambΒ 

How did the courts get to go in and transfer all control of Britney’s artistry and past and future imagery to other people without the label thinking something was wrong and protesting for their artist?? Even blackout was a success for JIVE

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Β 

I am guessing the label was expecting Jamie, etc to get Britney back on track in her career to then start making money for them. Britney was a big income earner over the years as well as starting out as an investment that they got back in millions. It all comes down to money.

The label had such high regard for her that they balked at giving "a crazy person" more money for the Womanizer video. I am sure they spent a lot of money on promotion to advertise it as her comeback, but that's because it was something they wanted to do to get people interested in her music again, while oddly stifling her creativity.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I am guessing the label was expecting Jamie, etc to get Britney back on track in her career to then start making money for them. Britney was a big income earner over the years as well as starting out as an investment that they got back in millions. It all comes down to money.

The label had such high regard for her that they balked at giving "a crazy person" more money for the Womanizer video. I am sure they spent a lot of money on promotion to advertise it as her comeback, but that's because it was something they wanted to do to get people interested in her music again, while oddly stifling her creativity.

So disgusting and shameful.Β 

13 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I am thinking this too. This is why we need Mr. Spears to explain his actions.Β 

Because they were complicit in it too. They supported the cship in order to keep the Britney machine going and making money and preventing her from stopping to record and perform if she wished.

And now people wonder why she has no interest in making new music and making money for the same people who enslaved her for 14 yearsΒ :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

• Love 5
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rik said:

isn’t it all too convenient that none of them are being questioned when they likely saw many abusive practices happening during the conservatorship.

I have B's original contract with Zomba! it seems extremely exploitative. Jamie sold Britney's rights and name away at 14 years old!

Zomba merges into Jive, which eventually merges into Sony.

Its a ton of work to screenshot the contract and convert it into a document...but I'll do it if enough of yall want it.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I have B's original contract with Zomba! it seems extremely exploitative. Jamie sold Britney's rights and name away at 14 years old!

Its a ton of work to screenshot the contract and convert it into a document...but I'll do it if enough of yall want it.

Lol we should split this up. I’ll do the first half if you do the secondΒ 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Sony is evil. Everyone knows MJ’s days were numbered after he acquired the Beatles catalog & half of Sony. It’s no shock they managed to get his half back from his estate after he passed either (which Jamie’s lawyer Geraldine WyleΒ also represented his estate after he died….the same lady who sent the email published today about the judge & medicating Brit)Β his daughter Paris has expressed her hatred towards Sony & their bigwigs. It’s even creepier when you realize she was sitting next to a Sony exec every day she worked the X-Factor & was obviously overmedicated & miserable.Β 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Jive did not care.

She released an album in:

And 2001

They got fussy when she wanted to take a break in 2002 and had to record an album in 2003...

They got mad at her for 2007 for not utilizing and promoting Blackout. She lost an estimated $80 million for Blackout

They were mad and wanted revengeΒ 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

🀍

Β 

1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

Lol we should split this up. I’ll do the first half if you do the secondΒ 

🀍

58 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

Jive did not care.

She released an album in:

And 2001

They got fussy when she wanted to take a break in 2002 and had to record an album in 2003...

They got mad at her for 2007 for not utilizing and promoting Blackout. She lost an estimated $80 million for Blackout

They were mad and wanted revengeΒ 

How did she lose $80mill? First I have heard this #

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block