This Day in Pop: 'Radar' music video premieres in 2009 (July 1st)

radar.png.a92f6a75326d76029ec3f7f9ab667abb.png

On July 1, 2009 the Britney Spears' Radar video leaked online before the previously announced release date. It was directed by Dave Meyers who had already worked with Britney in the past for the videos Lucky, Boys and the unfinished Outrageous.

Meyers claimed the video pays tribute to the music video of Madonna's 1994 single Take a Bow. He added, "we were looking for a way to take her into a contemporary, classy environment. I felt empowered by referencing Madonna's video. Britney hasn't done anything like that".

Later, Candie's released an ad based on the music video to promote Britney Spears' clothing line, which sold exclusively at Kohl's.

The music video currently sits at 95M views on YouTube.

tumblr_ltj94qTOXy1r3ty02o1_500.gif?resiz

DcHH.gif

tumblr_m0wl46u7hE1r3ty02o1_500.gif

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Really?

Lol u like the song?

I dont like how chipmunk-y she sounds on it, thats why i commented on here

I like the breakdown the best, at the time Britney hadn’t been as fierce until that dance part for awhile! I guess it holds a special place in my pop loving heart! 
spacer.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This video is one of her most iconic and I will not tolerate the hate it gets. Think about how it was one of the last Primeney music videos we ever got where there was still fire in her eyes :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I agree with the fire in her eyes. But the music video is awful. It's like if "Gimme More" would've been in a flower shop, in broad daylight, and Britney would hand out flowers (Roses, if you will) to customers screaming Gimme More. The video doesn't match the song. AT ALL!

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block