Beyonce's Renaissance album cover

Her soul looks drained. Not liking this artwork.  Safe already did the horse. Gaga already did the riding metal. This spiral star is like a Mariah Carey cover if she was wearing Janet Jackson’s nipple piercing and it started to grow like vines. Nothing about this is original.

I don’t get it. How do you go from an album representing African American proudness (at least that’s what I took away). To Renaissance. Which means rebirth of European culture.

In this period a lot of great things happened but also a lot of bad  like the start of the trans-atlantic slave trade of Africans. 

She is welcome to use it. We don’t have a problem with sharing our culture. It’s just a strange development. 

On 6/30/2022 at 9:29 PM, MikeHunt said:

I think they are real. After she gave birth two her twins, I don’t think her body ever got back to how it was prior. Not saying she looks bad, but she is noticeably thicker.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I think this is a case of not caring what other people think of you and living your best life. Thick is in, and Beyoncé looks drop dead gorgeous letting her body be it’s natural self. She’s lucky to have a body that forgiving. Stunning lady 

• Love 1
On 7/2/2022 at 7:43 AM, IAmBorg said:

I don’t get it. How do you go from an album representing African American proudness (at least that’s what I took away). To Renaissance. Which means rebirth of European culture.

In this period a lot of great things happened but also a lot of bad  like the start of the trans-atlantic slave trade of Africans. 

She is welcome to use it. We don’t have a problem with sharing our culture. It’s just a strange development. 

it's definitely more metaphorical than that. colloquially, renaissance is just used to mean the peak or hayday of something. she's using it more in reference to this new era of art and culture that has been brought to life after the pandemic and the boom in DIY and maximalism.

• Love 1

I guess my problem with the cover is mainly that plain black background, but I remember when JT's "Futures3x/Lovesounds" album cover came out and I didn't like (it's still not amazing) but when I saw it in a physical CD it actually looked pretty decent... So this might be similar, I guess it'll look better on print. Especially that shiny horse!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block