Mathew Rosengart: Britney is not going to sit willingly for a deposition

21 minutes ago, Iiquoricebabe said:

Gurl, Back in 2019 we thought Penny had Britney’s back and that she’d release her :clownery_makeup_meme:

Mark my words! if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But i think judge penny taking the steps to investigate the ongoings is what led Ingham to actually do his job. I think they are afraid of her. It took two years because this whole system is an out of control corrupt mafia...but Penny is a world better than Goetz, who worked with the CONs to hide s.hit from the court.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

But public interest has grown. I’m convinced she’s going to do the right thing. I’m not too fussed over her motivations.

There was also only so much she could do if nobody presented evidence of abuse. That's why conservatorships are the last resort and why a neutral conservator should have been appointed. She wasn't the one who approved Jamie as the conservator, so unless someone came forward with credible allegations of why he should have been removed, it's not likely she would question the arrangement. Courts usually do not make decisions on their own (meaning without a party filing a Motion) and judges don't usually have a thorough understanding of every single thing that is going on in the cases assigned to their dockets.

A reputable attorney (unlike sleazeball Ingham) would have been in constant contact with Britney, making sure she knew her options, assessing whether she was being properly cared for or abused, and then presenting his recommendation to the Court whenever a status conference was scheduled. He could have moved to end the conservatorship LONG ago, but since he didn't, there was nothing for Judge Penny to rule on. Now that she's more aware of what's going on and since Rosengart is actually representing Britney in an active way (filing Motions on her behalf, responding to any kind of subpoenas or discovery requests like answering written questions under oath, providing documents, sitting for a deposition, etc.), there will be more for her to actually do.

• Love 3

I don’t know where Rosengart finds this precedent cases but they are really good :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

He even found precedent cases that even protect the court when they approved the other previous accountings. in other words, judge penny can rule on britney’s favor without putting her *** and the court under fire 

• Love 3

VARIETY: In asking the court to deny the elder Spears’ request to for a “revenge deposition,” Rosengart notes that his own conduct “ranging from his severe alcoholism, to bankruptcy, defaults, financial mismanagement, conflicts of interest, illicit surveillance, violating his daughter’s attorney-client relationship, and other abuses, effectively render him libel proof.”

“He could not sustain a living before the conservatorship (from which he reaped at least $6.3 million), and it appears he cannot do so now,” Rosengart’s filing continues. “But that is his fault, not his daughter’s.”

• Love 2

Good!  Serious question, if Britney were to actually press charges against team con, would this go faster?  Like we aren’t anywhere near being able to investigate their wrongdoings because this isn’t a trial.  I’m so confused as to why she doesn’t press charges.  I feel like if she did the judge would MAKE team con sit for the depositions.

They propped her up in front of the world for 13 years when all she wanted to do was relax and enjoy her life. She has every right to not want to prop herself up again for any reason. Him on the other hand, it’s the least he can do for the paychecks he’s been getting for so long. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

As time goes by, I'm getting more more convinced that all of this is going to go nowhere, unfortunately. Maybe the whole scheme was too well done to be proved beyond reasonable doubt. Maybe there is just to many interventions from important people who have no desire in see this conservatorship' system fall apart just because of pop singer. 

I really trust Rosengart but it's just him against a whole big ancient system. It's the kinda of thing it works out in movies, but not in real life. Specially with limited resources.

But I do think James is going to pay for something, they will probably use him as scapegoat. Unfortunately, nobody else is going to pay for what they have done. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block