The Jeryls and the CON : A Research Thread

1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Dina LaPolt is another Lou/Larry-like figure. From the accounting we know Lapolt share at least 1 commission 50/50 with Lou. Larry got about double for some reason.

the amount of $$ was De minimus, but it reveals the nature of their relationship.

so Lapolt is a copyright lawyer who takes a commission sometimes for deals or royalties.

Rudolph is married to Lapolt’s sister.

My gut tells me this is the biggest part of the scam.

Intellectual property, publishing, and copyright.

What's the line they use in the accounting where they say that it isn't included in the CON assets because the value can't be determined? :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

What's the line they use in the accounting where they say that it isn't included in the CON assets because the value can't be determined? :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Lapolt, Larry, Lou, and Azoff have worked together a lot

• The Black Music Coalition was founded in. 2020. 

"BMAC partners and allies span Jeffrey Azoff (Fullstop Management/Artist Manager), Doug Davis (Attorney, The Davis Firm), Andrew Gertler (Founder, AG Artists LLC/Artist Manager to Shawn Mendes), Jennifer Justice (Founder, The Justice Dept.), Dina LaPolt (Attorney, LaPolt Law), Danny Rukasin (Artist Manager to Billie Eilish, FINNEAS, Oliver Riot), Ty Stiklorius (Founder/CEO, Friends at Work), Justin Sweeney (Attorney) and Lou Taylor (CEO, Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group)." Variety June 2020

• The BMAC gave a shout out to Lou & Lapolt. I think it was deleted because of pushback & I had to find a screenshot of it, but someone told me on Twitter that they put #investigateLouTaylor under it & the BMAC liked it hahaha! https://twitter.com/Mx_Defying/status/1509011924805107716?s=20&t=y_UC2YCeSzUJvV4c5y9Tew
  • Azoff & Dina worked on the California Fair Act together
  • Music Modernization Act signed into law by Trump in 2018 

"Irving Azoff, founder, Azoff Music Management, said, "This is a monumental occasion for artists and songwriters who are now assured – in law – that they will receive their deserved royalties.  We are proud to be a part of this critical consensus and the ongoing fight for artists' rights."

Dina LaPolt, attorney, SONA:  "I am ecstatic over the passing of the Orrin G. Hatch Music Modernization Act through the U.S. Senate today.   After 5 years of collaboration and helping to bring people together from all parts of the music business, we have finally harmonized as an industry.   This is a historic occasion for the music industry, copyright reform, and marks the beginning of a new era for music creators in consensus with stakeholders industry-wide." PR News Wire - 2018

• Larry & Irving promoting Lapolt's entertainment law class in 2016: 

"But it's not just students who benefit from LaPolt's class; the industry itself has sent many execs Dina's way. This includes such music biz pros as Apple Music's Julie Pilat, eminent music exec and chairman and CEO of Azoff MSG Ent., Irving Azoff, Three Six Zero's Dean Wilson and Larry Rudolph of Reign Deer/Maverick Management.

"I'm a huge fan of Dina's, and of her class," says Rudolph, whose clients include Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears." Dina is always finding new and better ways to give back to the artist community and help train the bright young minds of the future to help fix this broken business."" Yahoo

Irving has been scoping up back catalogues & licensing deals of many bands through his Global Music Rights (est. 2013) & Iconic Artist Group This area of the music biz is key (& live events) because records labels aren't very powerful anymore.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mx_Defying said:

Lapolt, Larry, Lou, and Azoff have worked together a lot

• The Black Music Coalition was founded in. 2020. 

"BMAC partners and allies span Jeffrey Azoff (Fullstop Management/Artist Manager), Doug Davis (Attorney, The Davis Firm), Andrew Gertler (Founder, AG Artists LLC/Artist Manager to Shawn Mendes), Jennifer Justice (Founder, The Justice Dept.), Dina LaPolt (Attorney, LaPolt Law), Danny Rukasin (Artist Manager to Billie Eilish, FINNEAS, Oliver Riot), Ty Stiklorius (Founder/CEO, Friends at Work), Justin Sweeney (Attorney) and Lou Taylor (CEO, Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group)." Variety June 2020

• The BMAC gave a shout out to Lou & Lapolt. I think it was deleted because of pushback & I had to find a screenshot of it, but someone told me on Twitter that they put #investigateLouTaylor under it & the BMAC liked it hahaha! https://twitter.com/Mx_Defying/status/1509011924805107716?s=20&t=y_UC2YCeSzUJvV4c5y9Tew
  • Azoff & Dina worked on the California Fair Act together
  • Music Modernization Act signed into law by Trump in 2018 

"Irving Azoff, founder, Azoff Music Management, said, "This is a monumental occasion for artists and songwriters who are now assured – in law – that they will receive their deserved royalties.  We are proud to be a part of this critical consensus and the ongoing fight for artists' rights."

Dina LaPolt, attorney, SONA:  "I am ecstatic over the passing of the Orrin G. Hatch Music Modernization Act through the U.S. Senate today.   After 5 years of collaboration and helping to bring people together from all parts of the music business, we have finally harmonized as an industry.   This is a historic occasion for the music industry, copyright reform, and marks the beginning of a new era for music creators in consensus with stakeholders industry-wide." PR News Wire - 2018

• Larry & Irving promoting Lapolt's entertainment law class in 2016: 

"But it's not just students who benefit from LaPolt's class; the industry itself has sent many execs Dina's way. This includes such music biz pros as Apple Music's Julie Pilat, eminent music exec and chairman and CEO of Azoff MSG Ent., Irving Azoff, Three Six Zero's Dean Wilson and Larry Rudolph of Reign Deer/Maverick Management.

"I'm a huge fan of Dina's, and of her class," says Rudolph, whose clients include Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears." Dina is always finding new and better ways to give back to the artist community and help train the bright young minds of the future to help fix this broken business."" Yahoo

Irving has been scoping up back catalogues & licensing deals of many bands through his Global Music Rights (est. 2013) & Iconic Artist Group This area of the music biz is key (& live events) because records labels aren't very powerful anymore.

We know that Britney's TM's were sold to James Parnell.

I wonder if there were any plans to sell Britney's music catalogue?

Sept. 7, 2018 - James Spears and Andrew Wallet sell Britney's trademarks to Baby One More Mark, LLC, an entity owned by James Spears.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

I noticed they copied and pasted the same mistake in the original letters of conservatorship in 2008 as well! They refer to Tara Scott from Trope & Trope as Ms.King.

They copy and paste their forms and then the court approving it doesn’t even notice the mistakes :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: make it make sense 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

"Inprecise (sic) and impermanent nature"?  It shows up in a minute order in March of 2010 :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cxxtZF1PHSKqpcf6yM-PqEAb9eHdMIQN/view?usp=sharing

spacer.png

Jeryll Cases

• Estate of an heir to the Getty fortune 

https://casetext.com/case/estate-of-getty-v-holmes

• Dean Martin’s estate

https://casetext.com/case/heathman-v-lizer?q=Jeryll%20cohen&sort=relevance&p=1&type=caseGeraldine Wylie satellite

• A 2005 profile of Adam Streisand where Geraldine Wyle says she has a great relationship with Adam. in

https://www.sheppardmullin.com/media/article/1630_DJ June 13 2005 D

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mx_Defying said:

Jeryll Cases

• Estate of an heir to the Getty fortune 

https://casetext.com/case/estate-of-getty-v-holmes

• Dean Martin’s estate

https://casetext.com/case/heathman-v-lizer?q=Jeryll%20cohen&sort=relevance&p=1&type=caseGeraldine Wylie satellite

• A 2005 profile of Adam Streisand where Geraldine Wyle says she has a great relationship with Adam. in

https://www.sheppardmullin.com/media/article/1630_DJ June 13 2005 D

Thank you! 

9 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Was Ingham trying to get her paid for her IP in March of 2010? 

And they fought him on it?

What exactly is going on here?

Nah…there is no way for B to get paid for this. Everyone was probably aligned that they didn’t want to give a valuation for her IP bc business-wise you want to keep that card close to your chest until you sell.

BUT the court requires divulgence of asset value bc without this there is no mechanism to monitor financial shenanigans with a conservatees existing assets.

the court should never had allowed this…B’s IP valuation would be straight forward. But they did because Goetz is evil.

9 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Was Ingham trying to get her paid for her IP in March of 2010? 

And they fought him on it?

What exactly is going on here?

:umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

Maybe because Jamie wanted to be paid .65% of the gross revenue from the Circus tour on top of his $16k/month + 1200 sq foot office space rental? Oh, and the payments from the Circus tour are coming out of his business, Spears King Pole, Inc 🤮?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tl8zP1suYxPVIKXBgBP5jFdQ8l73B2eP/view?usp=sharing

spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Nah…there is no way for B to get paid for this. Everyone was probably aligned that they didn’t want to give a valuation for her IP bc business-wise you want to keep that card close to your chest until you sell.

BUT the court requires divulgence of asset value bc without this there is no mechanism to monitor financial shenanigans with a conservatees existing assets.

the court should never had allowed this…B’s IP valuation would be straight forward. But they did because Goetz is evil.

I am trying to wrap my mind around the decision to just bypass the probate evaluator.  The Jerylls told Goetz, "mehhh, it's gonna be too hard to figure out numbers for Britney's IP because there's like, a lot of it.  So don't bother with the state official checking up on this.  It's for the best."

And then in 2011, we get propaganda like this from TMZ: https://www.tmz.com/2011/06/16/britney-spears-jamie-spears-dad-father-femme-fatale-tour-nicki-minaj-conservatorship-tour-manager-director-salary/

TMZ has obtained legal docs that Jamie has filed with the judge in Britney's conservatorship case ... asking the judge to give him money for directing the tour and managing the logistics of the tour.

Jamie has not specified the amount of money he wants, and sources tell us it hasn't been calculated yet. Sources tell us the amount will be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, but it's crazy cheap for what Jamie is doing.

To give you some perspective, 5 people managed the 2009 Circus Tour. Although the amount they made is blacked out in the legal documents, we were able to discern the amount is in the 7 figures.

With Jamie on board for the Britney Spears/Nicki Minaj Femme Fatale Tour, 3 of the 5 positions will be eliminated. Thus, if Jamie gets a 6 figure salary for the upcoming 8-month world tour, everybody wins.

Whatever Jamie gets for the tour ... it will be in addition to the $16,000 a month he's pulling in for serving as Britney's conservator.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

Maybe because Jamie wanted to be paid .65% of the gross revenue from the Circus tour on top of his $16k/month + 1200 sq foot office space rental? Oh, and the payments from the Circus tour are coming out of his business, Spears King Pole, Inc 🤮?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tl8zP1suYxPVIKXBgBP5jFdQ8l73B2eP/view?usp=sharing

spacer.png

So this wasn't the first time that James Parnell struck a sweet deal:

https://www.tmz.com/2011/09/27/britney-spears-dad-jamie-spears-larry-rudolph-manager-conservator-tour-manager-seven-figure-deal-femme-fatale-tour/

He was paid retroactively for the Circus tour?

1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

But this is a huge way for them to pilfer money from Britney for the entire 13 years and put it into their own pockets.

It reminds me of the WEG and Brand Sense lawsuits...and possibly the Onyx lawsuit...where it appears they may have registered multiple branches of the same LLC to tuck the money away for their own uses until they were forced to put it back.

I wrote in the Blair Berk thread that 2010 was a big year because there were a lot of things going on at once:

1. A possible legal escape attempt by Britney.
  2. Changes to the SJB Revocable Trust.
  3. "Net Cash" appearing in the accountings.
  4. A possible smear campaign against Lutfi by Blair Berk.
  5. Somebody tried to fire The Jeryls.

Now I'm wondering...

• Are these five events inter-related?
  • Do they ultimately lead to The Jeryl's overpowering Ingham when it comes to B's medical capacity in 2014?
4 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Yes, I think he was! And the Con fought against him - they bypassed Bua's court mandated investigation

I missed this because I was so infuriated by the first paragraph on this March 2010 minute order.  But the second part of it is worse, I think. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cxxtZF1PHSKqpcf6yM-PqEAb9eHdMIQN/view?usp=sharing

2. Judge to determine order valuation of the intellectual property rights as the balance of cash on hand in each of the entities at the time of establishment of the conservatorship.  

Wouldn't that enormously undermine the value of Brit's IP? And allow them to basically skim/enrich themselves as they see fit, as long as nothing really changes about the balance of cash on hand in each of the entities? Maybe the judge determined this was not an appropriate way to value the IP? 

And wait, wasn't she allegedly broke at the beginning of the con? Maybe this belongs in the falsified evidence post.  

spacer.png

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

But this is a huge way for them to pilfer money from Britney for the entire 13 years and put it into their own pockets.

Yes exactly…it’s really bad IMO bc we can’t even see how badly the CONs pilfered B’s past (and unfortunately future) IP.

it’s one of the basic requirements to report the value of all assets (including IP) to the court as part of the initial inventory…im not sure how they got away with not doing it…well, I do know: Goetz.

BUT this whole valuation thing is extremely interesting from a tax perspective. And I think this is where the Jeryls come in. 
There is a bad tax loop hole in the US: stepped-up basis

Upon death, the value of a person’s assets is “stepped up” to the current market value…the purpose is to avoid capital gains taxes for heirs. IP is an asset but obviously completely different than a house. The calculation of the taxes owed is going to be completely dependent on the forecasted future free cash flow of the asset…I assume this is why/how the Jeryls kept the MJ estate tied up for so long—a valuation battle with the IRS. You can also imagine how an accountant like Louise would be very helpful to have in your back pocket.

every once in a while people talk about getting rid of this nonsense tax break…but somehow it still exists.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Judge to determine order valuation of the intellectual property rights as the balance of cash on hand in each of the entities at the time of establishment of the conservatorship.

Yeah this is another one of Goetz preposterous slights of hand…they report that value of companies as the cash that was in the company’s bank account at the start of the CON…not even for the entities that were created after the CON began.

at some point after Goetz leaves, Judge Penny makes them report the estimated market value…aka the CURRENT cash in those bank accounts. But then by this time, I assume B’s entire estate and IP was irreversible f.ucked

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block