How different would the music industry and pop culture have been had Britney decided to not be famous?

• Super Mods

I do think the music industry wouldn't be the same without her because

like you brought up, she was a major part in why teen pop was popular and why she had so much competition.

Britney was unique when she came out because she put effort into performing and choreography, nobody else did that (Janet Jackson probably) before her.

I also think she was the first female star to do the whole good girl gone bad transformation.

So yeah thats what I think

• Love 2

I believe things would be extremely different but just to clarify Britney did not make being "blonde and thin" a thing. She did re-invent the midriff though and put a lot of emphasis on tummies--but I always thought she was more an inspiration to be athletic than "skinny".

I think pop music would be unfathomable without her. She became a cornerstone and trendsetter immediately. And by her 3rd album she was truly setting musical trends followed by countless other artists. 

I would be someone completely different without her because her music and life story have greatly impacted me in very formative years.

• Like 2

Music hasn’t fully evolved to where it should be due to Britney’s influence. Britney’s fame has always been a distraction from her music creation. 
Britney was an incredible artist at the forefront of a world that was merging together. Toxic! The Bollywood influence…even today Bollywood influence is rare in music.

From my perspective, people who didn’t understand Britney’s music used her fame as an excuse to s.hit on her. So the “anti Britney” music was a terrible step backyards toward country music.

And I think Britney hates being famous. Given the choice, I think she would have chosen to be Max Martin instead of Britney Spears.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

She actually broke the mold as the nineties were totally about 'heroine chic' and unbearably skinny unhealthy looking girls and Britney presented a much healthier body image/beauty inspiration, achievable through far healthier habits.

I almost forgot about heroine chic! That’s why magazines called her the f word. She had enough muscle to do a backhand spring 

Kate Moss was this moment 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Music hasn’t fully evolved to where it should be due to Britney’s influence. Britney’s fame has always been a distraction from her music creation. 
Britney was an incredible artist at the forefront of a world that was merging together. Toxic! The Bollywood influence…even today Bollywood influence is rare in music.

From my perspective, people who didn’t understand Britney’s music used her fame as an excuse to s.hit on her. So the “anti Britney” music was a terrible step backyards toward country music.

And I think Britney hates being famous. Given the choice, I think she would have chosen to be Max Martin instead of Britney Spears.

Interesting perspective. I also love Britney for her music first and foremost and have always thought people didn't give it the consideration it deserved. Agreed that she hates being famous, more or less, despite being born to perform. In some ways that's good as it's indicative of her being humble and not a hopeless Hollywood narcissist. 

I've long wanted her to devote more energy to songwriting. That could be a good way for her to make money at times in her life when she wants to be more focused on family. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block