Do you think Britney regrets becoming famous?

I think she's probably pretty conflicted about it. She was never a Kim K who shamelessly wanted attention and did whatever she could to get it. Britney was always a natural performer and I think Lynne saw her as their way out of an abusive situation with Jamie. I'm sure Britney enjoyed certain aspects of the fame but she never seemed to crave it like so many others. Seems like she would be way happier with a different level of fame - one that allowed her to perform on her own terms but still give her a basic sense of anonymity to go for a walk around NYC and be a normal person.

This is probably the most honest we've ever seen her be about being a "celebrity":

• Love 2

honestly no, britney is a person that says everything happens for a reason, she loves performing, she loves singing and she loves music.

if she was famous yes she wouldn’t have had some bad things happen to her but she wouldn’t have met kevin which means she wouldn’t have her babies, she wouldn’t have met sam, we really have to look at all the things and life lessons she would miss out on instead of all the things she would gain.

i think she is a very positive person and appreciates everything that happened even if it wasn’t always good

I think maybe since the conservatorship ended and she’s managed to clear those evil POS out of her life, she realises how f’d up it all was. So probably realising you’ve lost like years of your life may make her question a few things, ie “was that worth it for being famous/wealthy” etc?

But ultimately ‘what if’s’ are always a part of life. If she wasn’t famous she wouldn’t have met Kevin and therefore wouldn’t have had Sean and Jaden so I’m sure she’s eternally grateful for that (other than the fact Kevin is also a POS 😂)  

10 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

But was it worth it? 

I remember thinking back in BOMT/Oops era “Britney Spears isn’t famous, she’s just extremely popular. Famous people are mean and use their names to skip lines. But everyone just likes Britney.”

Tbh, my concept of fame hasn’t changed. The only benefits seem to be skipping lines and being mean to peeps. B doesn’t strike me as a person who enjoys either of those things.; and she has to deal with all the downsides of fame.

So, yes, I think she regrets being famous

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, bbbsss said:

At this point most likely yes. She obviously enjoys the benefits of being rich and famous, however I feel like she obviously did not expect to become as famous. What started as a beautiful fairytale for her, eventually turned into a nightmare. 

The thing is, I feel Britney would have been so happy and enriched with just a cute little home with a white fence or trees surrounding it. I think had she of not been famous or been rich, she would still be a genuinely happy person that looks at the positive parts about life and not the materialistic things 🤍 but let’s be real, I’m sure she loves being a multi millionaire :mariah-hurry:

• Love 1

Well she's the one that knows the answer tbh :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

It's a pretty tough question imo. When you're famous there are a lot of things that become so public and you're always under the magnifying glass so that can mess up with your psyche in so many levels :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

On the other hand, you'll get to do things or meet tons of important people or even live a luxury life that you wouldn't be able to afford if you were a regular civilian :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

In my case, I would hate to be famous, I just could not handle it. Imagine going out and strangers approaching to hug you or take pictures with you. I'd be the worst famous person ever :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I think Britney does not regret it, she just wants her well-deserved private moments :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

On 6/26/2022 at 1:20 AM, britneyluv said:

I think she's probably pretty conflicted about it. She was never a Kim K who shamelessly wanted attention and did whatever she could to get it. Britney was always a natural performer and I think Lynne saw her as their way out of an abusive situation with Jamie. I'm sure Britney enjoyed certain aspects of the fame but she never seemed to crave it like so many others. Seems like she would be way happier with a different level of fame - one that allowed her to perform on her own terms but still give her a basic sense of anonymity to go for a walk around NYC and be a normal person.

This is probably the most honest we've ever seen her be about being a "celebrity":

I also thought of this. 

I believe Britney loves singing/performing, but I do not believe she enjoys being famous. 

On 6/26/2022 at 5:49 AM, RebellionSparkles said:

I remember thinking back in BOMT/Oops era “Britney Spears isn’t famous, she’s just extremely popular. Famous people are mean and use their names to skip lines. But everyone just likes Britney.”

Tbh, my concept of fame hasn’t changed. The only benefits seem to be skipping lines and being mean to peeps. B doesn’t strike me as a person who enjoys either of those things.; and she has to deal with all the downsides of fame.

So, yes, I think she regrets being famous

I love this answer. Very well thought out. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block