How Did Britney Not Perform In Hawaii Again After The Year 2000?

• Content Curators

Hawaii is Britney’s favourite destination in the world and didn’t do another gig there after the Waikiki beach show in 2000 for the promotion of the album OIDIA. She was certainly glowing and full of smiles throughout performing there. Do you think she expressed to management to do a show there In later years? 

Edited by Caleb Ellis
  • Love 4

Now that you mention it, I am kind of surprised she didn't perform in Hawaii again but the cost of bringing a show of her level (even POM tour quality) is a huge expense. Mariah is the only pop artist that I know of that regularly performs there, but her sets are, of course, not as elaborate as Britney's.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Here in Hawaii we usually only get artists when they are traveling between USA & Japan or Asia. I think even the 2000 Hawaii special was probably scheduled between her American and Japanese shows for the Crazy 2K tour. 

I don't think there's a venue here big enough for Dream Within A Dream Tour and that was the last time she toured Asia until Piece Of Me, right? And by then we know how cheap her team was so they probably didn't even choose to make the effort to unpack here if they traveled this way.

Thankfully Janet always makes sure to bring her tours over here so at least I've gotten to see one of my music idols up close since I've lived here since 2013.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I mean tbf Britney herself wouldn’t have got to decide where she performs, that’s usually down to her team/management and I think touring agencies might have a say too.

She performed on a beach for the Crazy 2K Tour performance and I imagine there’s probably a lot of money involved in that sort of show. 

• Like 1

It's all about money. Crazy 2k was pretty cheap tour compared to her later tours plus it was sponsored by Hilton Hotels AND "Britney Spears: Live and More!" was filmed during that date which sold over 500k copies so it pretty much covered all the expenses anyway. It's pretty expensive destination to tour unless you can throw concert with small stage and little to no props, à la Mariah Carey :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block