The Supreme Court overruled Roe v. Wade

On 6/24/2022 at 1:51 PM, blackingouthenegativity said:

Justice Clarence Thomas wrote the decision representing the court's decision on this. In it, he basically said overturning Roe was the first step. They also want to overturn Supreme Court decisions that allowed contraception, gay s*xual relationships and gay marriage.

What do you think his Grindr is? He doth protest too loudly.

sighhhh…I hate this country.

12 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

This would have never happened had the last president not gotten the opportunity to stack the court. They’ve been waiting for the first conservative majority on the supreme court to submit cases to get Roe v. Wade overturned. This was planned, decades in the making, probably since the original ruling in 1973. I’ve been hearing talks to overturn Roe v. Wade for years. This is probably just the beginning of the havoc that this decidedly conservative (6-3) supreme court will wreak. The court has become too political, rolling back almost 60 years of precedent is probably just the beginning.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg should’ve retired when Obama was still in office so he could’ve elected a Dem to replace her, but she chose to stay a Justice and now we’re screwed over. Heck, she even was diagnosed with cancer during his administration, and she still didn’t retire. She’s one of the greatest women in American history but in hindsight, she should’ve given up her place when it was advantageous for the Dem party. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
On 6/24/2022 at 5:16 PM, Urbanney said:

and not to discredit or distract from the serious removal of protection for basic human rights and women’s rights that just happened, but Clarence Thomas (one of the Supreme Court judges) explicitly advocated for overturning gay rights in this ruling:

I appreciate the hypocrisy of this dear Clarance :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Why only overruling same-s** relationships? He should overrule all relationships outside of marriage. And also overrule the right to re-marry after divorcing (unless the woman dies): in other terms, nullify every marriage not meeting this condition (including Trump & Melania's, yup). Why would gays be the only ones punished for their sins? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Oh, and since we're talking about keeping a 3-centuries-old Constitution, why not overruling the interracial-marriage act? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
19 minutes ago, do the thing said:

I appreciate the hypocrisy of this dear Clarance :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Why only overruling same-s** relationships? He should overrule all relationships outside of marriage. And also overrule the right to re-marry after divorcing (unless the woman dies): in other terms, nullify every marriage not meeting this condition (including Trump & Melania's, yup). Why would gays be the only ones punished for their sins? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Oh, and since we're talking about keeping a 3-centuries-old Constitution, why not overruling the interracial-marriage act? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: 

Apparently his wife is being investigated in the January 6 insurrection case by the committee, this is a coordinated distraction, and apparently they did an interview for a tv interview, apparently there's no love in this marriage and his wife hates him cos her answers and body language reveal there's no love for him, just a one way ticket to Washington 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Anyone who isn't 100% far left is automatically  conservative here. 🤣

It's the way the U.S. works: huge polarization, you're either far left, either far right, no in-between. You're in favor of a 5-month ********, or entirely against it, no in-between. That's actually sad.

16 hours ago, Style. said:

I fear Europe will follow :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

France passed a bill to make ******** a constitutional right. PS: this bill was proposed 2 years ago by the far-left, but was refused by the center-right (Macron) party. Right after the Supreme Court decision, this center-right party decided to make ******** a constitutional right. Germany also overruled I don't remember which law regarding ********. In the EU, Malta is the only country in which ******** is entirely forbidden. It's restricted in Poland, and that's pretty much about it.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:48 AM, mythology said:

Conservatives attack anyone that isn’t a straight white male.

It's not like among the Conservatives who overruled Roe v Wade, there isn't a Catholic woman and a Black man, notorious for being among the most extreme branch of Conservatism in the country :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: And most of the liberal countries are "white" countries :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: 

On 6/24/2022 at 9:15 PM, MikeHunt said:

As a gay, POC American, I felt safe and that America was progressive under the Obama administration.

Stay safe mate.

Americans lost rights under Trump. Non-Americans lost lives under Obama. America might've been internally good with Obama's domestic policy, but what he did oversea was just blatantly tragic. I wouldn't call America progressive with Obama policies. That's why many foreigners would prefer Trump over him; they wouldn't get bombed for [insert a "democratic" reason]. Not here to say "Trump is good", just here to say Obama is ****. 

On 6/24/2022 at 8:56 PM, Brat said:

I meant I don’t understand how aborting babies goes hand in hand with gay marriage.  What do you think? 

Kinda shocked that no one pointed out "contraceptive" rights. Do they expect families to have 8+ children in a country that doesn't have universal health care, free education, affordable quality-food, affordable housing and sustainable areas, affordable extrascolar actives? And I ain't even talking about the STDs.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:05 PM, Addicted_Heart said:

As a European, I know that USA is the greatest country in the world but this sounds bad 😞

Unless you live in Ukraine, USA is actually worse than any European country by far. I've lived in the U.S. for two years as a student in the richest State and in a big college. 

No universal healthcare, no free education, debt-driven consumerism, most polluted and polluting OECD country, most violent OECD country, country with 50% of the firearms in the world in circulation, only country in the world with mass-shootings in school (over 200, the second country has... 8), country with the most homeless people in the OECD, country with the biggest inequalities in the OECD, country with the biggest ****-addiction problem in the world (Suicide Belt, McKinsey and opioid crisis, m***, crack, ****** given to children back in the days to calm them, etc.), one of the very few countries in the world who makes profit on medication (countless scandals, but you can find a treatment costing $2,000 in the U.S. and $140 in Australia, reduced to... $10 after government-deduction), country of the OECD with the least environmental measures (while Europe banned fully single-plastic usage and is banning gas-fueled cars for the next decade... "eco-friendly" influencers still use plastic Starbucks cups taken in a plastic bag), highest obesity rate in the world, only country in the OECD in which people spend more time driving than walking, highest incarceration and go-back-to-jail rate in the world (yes, more than China, Russia and Iran reunited), do I need to continue?

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg should’ve retired when Obama was still in office so he could’ve elected a Dem to replace her, but she chose to stay a Justice and now we’re screwed over. Heck, she even was diagnosed with cancer during his administration, and she still didn’t retire. She’s one of the greatest women in American history but in hindsight, she should’ve given up her place when it was advantageous for the Dem party. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I agree 100%, but I’m not going to use the deceased honorable RBG as a scapegoat for the deplorable decisions of some 70 million Americans. Stacking the courts to overturn Roe v. Wade has been a Republican priority for decades. They all should have known what was at stake.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:

I agree 100%, but I’m not going to use the deceased honorable RBG as a scapegoat for the deplorable decisions of some 70 million Americans. Stacking the courts to overturn Roe v. Wade has been a Republican priority for decades. They all should have known what was at stake.

I agree with you and I’m not putting it all on RBG, like I said she is one of the greatest women in American history, so it’s not to tarnish her legacy, but she could’ve given up her seat when she was ill. I think she, like the majority of Americans, thought Hillary was going to win the presidency. So when she didn’t, Ruth did her duty and stayed on until her life ended! 👏🏻All I meant is that, if she would’ve stepped down at a reasonable time, perhaps we would’ve had one more person on the Dems side fighting for the popular opinion on BOTH sides. But I do understand your take and I agree with it. I’m a Catholic but America should not be ruled off of a Christian religion. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

America has honestly been a **** show since 2016. As a country, we are not only dealing with woman’s rights at stake but extreme racial tensions and a political divide that is breaking away at humanity. Seems like our world is getting crazier by the year. Most cities now have shortage of police officers, a mental health crisis with lack of proper care, crimes are expected to surge, people don’t want to work and humanity seems to be falling into a very destructive state. We are not even halfway into the year and there have been over 250 mass shootings which is unfortunately set to be on pace to be the worst ever in modern history. Truth be told, I don’t feel as safe anymore. Outlets such as social media, rap music that glorifies guns and violence in video games are also partly to blame for this mess we’re in. It’s like some dystopian world where everyone is trying to flex and/or prove something to the internet. Life feels so inauthentic now. People in general feel so inauthentic now, especially on my side of the world here in Los Angeles. Generation X and millennials, you done ****ed up this country for Gen Z and all future generations to come — and I say this as someone who’s on the cusp of a millennial and Gen Z. Someone get to work and build us a time machine to take us back to 1998-2000 aka the peak of humanity/civilization. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block