The Supreme Court overruled Roe v. Wade

9 hours ago, Busybee said:

As a fellow Texan I 100% agree! I know the outside world think of all of us as racists rednecks but we aren't especially in the larger cities, Like Dallas, Houston, Austin. I mean hell Austin prides its self on being weird and liberal. 

Gurl I vote at the highest volume voting location in HTX. You probably KNOW how hard it is to vote here (the traditional gayborhood). 
I love Texans…but I don’t love Texas.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

not the USA going backwards like this. LGBT rights are next :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

Not my country legalizing gay marriage and not even considering banning ******** (nobody even mentions it) while the "biggest and best country in the world" is just doing everything they can to go back to the 18th century lol

• Like 8
23 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

not the USA going backwards like this. LGBT rights are next :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

Not my country legalizing gay marriage and not even considering banning ******** (nobody even mentions it) while the "biggest and best country in the world" is just doing everything they can to go back to the 18th century lol

I fear Europe will follow :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

15 hours ago, Brat said:

I meant I don’t understand how aborting babies goes hand in hand with gay marriage.  What do you think? 

It has to do with the premise on which it was overturned. The arguments that decriminalised being gay, legalised same s** marriage and legalised contraception were all based on a right to privacy that exists in the American Constitution. The document that leaked awhile ago basically argued that these weren't "natural" rights as they weren't in the Original Constitution, and specifically referred to them.

Because Roe V Wade was successfully overturned on this framework, the arguments can be applied because it had set a precedent. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Brat said:

I meant I don’t understand how aborting babies goes hand in hand with gay marriage.  What do you think? 

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It has to do with the premise on which it was overturned. The arguments that decriminalised being gay, legalised same s** marriage and legalised contraception were all based on a right to privacy that exists in the American Constitution. The document that leaked awhile ago basically argued that these weren't "natural" rights as they weren't in the Original Constitution, and specifically referred to them.

Because Roe V Wade was successfully overturned on this framework, the arguments can be applied because it had set a precedent. 

@ICouldntThinkOfOne Gave a very eloquent response.

To add, conservatives are pro “States rights” over Federal rights. So states can determine human rights (********, LGBTQ discrimination, access to healthcare for trans children, access to voting). On the surface “States rights” sounds harmless, and if the historical slaves states were true democracies, it would be harmless. But they aren’t democracies, they are aristocracies and the Good Ole Boys are the ruling class. The people running the govt have deep ties to the evangelical church and white nationalists.

Now that The Supreme Court overruled Roe v Wade, The feeling here in Texas is that the eradication of LGBTQ+ rights is a foregone conclusion. And the fear is what will be the target after LGBTQ rights.

For real, watch Texas be the first state in the US to grant slavery reparations…TO the decedents of slaveOWNERS. That is what the Good Ole Boys think would be fair.

• Like 1

I feel for the woman in the USA. This is absolutely ******* idiotic. Big, big mistake. It’s a violation of human rights and it’s insane that the Supreme Court has come to a situation where it’s allowed to make decisions based on political ideology.

It makes me even more grateful for my own country, an actual democracy. And even before the overturning of Roe vs. Wade the USA hasn’t been high up the democracy rankings. I’m sorry but I don’t understand how Americans claim that it’s the land of freedom when it clearly is not?

I wish you all the best of luck over there, because you need it.

• Like 3

This would have never happened had the last president not gotten the opportunity to stack the court. They’ve been waiting for the first conservative majority on the supreme court to submit cases to get Roe v. Wade overturned. This was planned, decades in the making, probably since the original ruling in 1973. I’ve been hearing talks to overturn Roe v. Wade for years. This is probably just the beginning of the havoc that this decidedly conservative (6-3) supreme court will wreak. The court has become too political, rolling back almost 60 years of precedent is probably just the beginning.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

As someone who lives is scandinavia tha USA sounds like a nightmare. Losing all your money if you need medical care, fear of school shootings and now strict laws for ********. Where I live people arent so greedy and claim Taxes to be theft. We dont have to fear when going to school, and the authorities can be trusted. Healthcare is free and if you fall down, society helps you to survive with tax money. I cant ever imagine living in the USA system it feels so messed up to me. 

• Love 6

Looking in as an outsider from Canada, the USA just seems to be a country in decline. Everything from removing women’s right to choose, the potential for now gay marriage equality to be overturned, the recent SCOTUS ruling on New York’s gun regulation effectively symbolizing that the court is in favour of gun rights… it’s a scary time down there and for everyone outside watching it’s kind of shocking because the US used to be this pillar of envy of Western democracies and now it’s crumbling and at a pace that seems pretty fast. Trump stacking the court with his judges absolutely had an effect on all this. But like, 73+ million people voted for the guy down there… it’s insane. I really hope things get straightened out and people fight this insanity back. Vote vote vote 🗳 BLUE and get things back on track! 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

Does anyone know what this means for Plan B?

Do we need to stock up for our friends and family?

As of now, access to contraceptives remains legal :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

However, in his opinion, Justice Clarence Thomas (**** that ****, btw) explicitly said the Court (**** the Supreme Court, too) should revisit Griswold v. Connecticut, which is the 1965 court case that established that married couples have a right to access contraceptive. Because of this, many believe SCOTUS is coming for contraceptives next (as well as LGBTQ+ relationships AND marriage, rights established by other court cases that were explicitly mentioned by Justice Thomas as being cases that warrant should be revisited) :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block