The Supreme Court overruled Roe v. Wade

52 minutes ago, Busybee said:

I'm also married so it's not like I'm out here being promiscuous and even if I was it shouldn't matter. 

I'll never understand the fear of promiscuous women.

This is going to be a tough road ahead for women. No one should have a baby that doesnt want one. My hubby and I have one toddler, which we desperately wanted, and still OMG its so hard. There are career and financial trade offs we are constantly juggling. The US is not a welcoming place for parents in general. I can only imagine that how bad its going to be for women carrying an unwanted pregnancy. They are already discriminated against in the work force; but without guaranteed paid maternity leave, these young women will probably be forced to go to work the day after giving birth--a major health risk.

• Love 6

Just IMO I think this happened NOW so that a new case can be tried so that ******** law can be more succinct to ******** rather than Roe vs WADE framing it as a "right to privacy". Both sides of the political divide is behind this. They do not want Roe VS Wade any longer because antivaxers could use it in future court arguments. Nothing happening in this country is coincidence. 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Just IMO I think this happened NOW so that a new case can be tried so that ******** law can be more succinct to ******** rather than Roe vs WADE framing it as a "right to privacy". Both sides of the political divide is behind this. They do not want Roe VS Wade any longer because antivaxers could use it in future court arguments. Nothing happening in this country is coincidence. 

This is not true. Roe v. Wade needed to be codified (which means that Congress and State legislatures needed to make it officially a law instead of relying on a court case). Do NOT both sides this. This was a Republican mission and why they didn't let Barack Obama nominate a justice in his last year as President. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

This is not true. Roe v. Wade needed to be codified (which means that Congress and State legislatures needed to make it officially a law instead of relying on a court case). Do NOT both sides this. This was a Republican mission and why they didn't let Barack Obama nominate a justice in his last year as President. 

Let's see what happens from here. I blame both sides and you can't change my mind. Both sides are equally partisan and spread conspiracy theories that are disrupting democracy. 

• Haha 4
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

and not to discredit or distract from the serious removal of protection for basic human rights and women’s rights that just happened, but Clarence Thomas (one of the Supreme Court judges) explicitly advocated for overturning gay rights in this ruling:

I just looked it up and one of these court cases goes back to 2003 (!!) and ruled that gay s e-x is not illegal. So Republicans want to go after gay marriage and gay s-e xx. Despicable and deplorable. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

From a Texans perspective: 

I hope people know that the majority of people in Texas are pro ********, the majority are pro LGBTQ right to marry. And something that ALMOST no one outside of Texas knows, the VAST majority of Texans are for increased gun regulation (bc we actually know how to use guns here...only people who cant shoot for s.hit need high capacity magazines).

Federal protections are the only guaranteed human rights we have here in Texas...and those rights are already too few and poorly enforced.

I hope yall understand that its the government that wants these measures, not the Texas people.

As a fellow Texan I 100% agree! I know the outside world think of all of us as racists rednecks but we aren't especially in the larger cities, Like Dallas, Houston, Austin. I mean hell Austin prides its self on being weird and liberal. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Brat said:

This is a lose for women who want to abort their babies but I’m not sure how this relates to gay marriage 

The same Supreme Court justice that ruled on this, said other similar decisions involving due process needed to be revisited as well… decisions involving contraception, same s** relationships, and same s** marriage were specifically pointed out by the Supreme Court justice. 

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, Brat said:

This is a lose for women who want to abort their babies but I’m not sure how this relates to gay marriage 

Justice Clarence Thomas wrote the decision representing the court's decision on this. In it, he basically said overturning Roe was the first step. They also want to overturn Supreme Court decisions that allowed contraception, gay s*xual relationships and gay marriage. 

The Republican platform in 2016 and 2020 called for overturning the Supreme Court decision that allowed gay marriage. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block