The Supreme Court overruled Roe v. Wade

The US Supreme Court struck down the constitutional right guaranteeing safe ********, even though the majority of people in the US (and even in Texas) agree safe ********* should be protected.

Women are obviously the most immediately impacted—bc the government was ruled that they are too stupid to make decisions about their bodies.

The LGBTQ+ community will also feel an immediate impact, as IVF will likely become unavailable to gay couples who want to have a family. Unfortunately, the largest impact is still forthcoming. Overturning Roe v Wade is going to open a flood gate anti LGBTQ legislation in the traditional slave states, which still are hostile to human rights.

It’s a sad day to be a Texan. Gay marriage and trans children healthcare is going to be the next target on the Conservative agenda

• Like 4

From a Texans perspective:

I hope friends in the international community, or who live in liberal states understand the futility.

The Texas government is an aristocracy, not democracy. The Good Ole Boys are in charge. They pass legislation that serves them, to the detriment of everyone else. The laws in Texas have always been designed to guarantee that the minority blue bloods can maintain power. This dates back to slavery when slaves outnumbered slaveowners. And the Good Ole Boys were afraid of revolution. 

I hope people know that the majority of people in Texas are pro ********, the majority are pro LGBTQ right to marry. And something that ALMOST no one outside of Texas knows, the VAST majority of Texans are for increased gun regulation (bc we actually know how to use guns here...only people who cant shoot for s.hit need high capacity magazines). But Texans can never get these laws passed because the Good Ole Boys have a grip on the government. They have perfected voter suppression.

Federal protections are the only guaranteed human rights we have here in Texas...and those rights are already too few and poorly enforced.

I hope yall understand that its the government that wants these measures, not the Texas people.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block