Morning rituals?

Hello everyone, @GODNA IS A QUEEN here! Feels like I haven’t made in a thread in forever.:qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy: 

I wanted to take the time of my day to ask Exhale for a little advice pertaining to what your morning rituals are.

In other words, what helps you get out of bed and motivated to start the day? Is there a particular morning ritual you follow? Do you use a particular diet, sound, light therapy, meditation or exercise?

I ask because I have found in the last week, I’ve been feeling extremely unmotivated to start my mornings and if I don’t have work or an appointment to get to, I find myself spending the entire morning on a social media rabithole which then delays my entire day.

Curious to know whether other members feel this way or if not, what morning rituals help them start their day on a positive note!

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Perched to see what others have to say. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: A few months ago, I went for a mile walk, had an egg with avocado and toast or oatmeal/flax with yogurt and berries, and then shower and get to work. But that’s all kinda disintegrated for a variety of reasons (minus the shower, bad *****es are always hygienic! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:)

I’d love to start a yoga practice but don’t have a clue where to begin nor do I want to make a fool out of myself to everyone at a yoga studio. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: I’d also love some daily affirmations or meditations but also don’t know where to begin… that also means I have to affirm myself, which is difficult for my depressed *** to do. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

• Love 2

I wake up early most mornings and recently switched my workout routine from evening to morning for the very reason that I was struggling to get going.

I get up around 6ish and on Mon-Wed I do a 30/45 minute home workout using some gym equipment which has seen better days. On Thurs-Fri I tend to do a no equipment workout.  

I follow Alex Crockford on socials, and I find his workouts to be good and easy to follow. 

I start work at 8 most mornings, and I've found I have so much more energy logging on after having been productive. 

However, I'll be honest and admit that I skip days here and there. It can still be a struggle to find that motivation, but I try and remind myself how much better I feel after doing something. Anything. Even if it's just a walk. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Perched to see what others have to say. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: A few months ago, I went for a mile walk, had an egg with avocado and toast or oatmeal/flax with yogurt and berries, and then shower and get to work. But that’s all kinda disintegrated for a variety of reasons (minus the shower, bad *****es are always hygienic! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:)

I’d love to start a yoga practice but don’t have a clue where to begin nor do I want to make a fool out of myself to everyone at a yoga studio. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: I’d also love some daily affirmations or meditations but also don’t know where to begin… that also means I have to affirm myself, which is difficult for my depressed *** to do. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Why not try doing yoga from home? 

There's loads of beginner videos on YouTube and some of them are really good. I tried doing yoga during the first lockdown, but couldn't really get into it. 

Similarly there's loads of meditation videos on YouTube which you may find helpful. 

Also, I used to set alarms for myself in an effort to force myself into doing something. It sounds silly but might give you the push to make a plan. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
22 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

Why not try doing yoga from home? 

There's loads of beginner videos on YouTube and some of them are really good. I tried doing yoga during the first lockdown, but couldn't really get into it. 

Similarly there's loads of meditation videos on YouTube which you may find helpful. 

Also, I used to set alarms for myself in an effort to force myself into doing something. It sounds silly but might give you the push to make a plan. 

Did you like the yoga series you initially tried out? I wonder if other Exhalers have recommendations, too? :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

stretching/some very light yoga poses really help to warm up your body in the morning

dry brushing before shower

a few minutes of mindful meditation where you feel your whole body

just taking the time to breathe when you wake up and not rush

i do these when i get the chance but the truth is most days i have to jump out of bed lol

• Love 1

Stay in bed as long as I can after my alarm goes off and think to myself “ahh **** here we go again” :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Mornings used to be my favorite time of day, but I work early during the week, and on the weekends, I put pressure on myself to get things done before my energy crashes since I’m most energetic and productive in the morning. So now, mornings just feel annoying and stressful to me which sucks because I think it’s a really pretty time of day.

I wouldn’t really like waking up earlier and having rituals before work because I always want to get my work done as soon as possible after I wake up so that I can be done for the day and fully relax after. To me, having extra time before work would just feel like wasted evening relaxing time for me.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
On 6/22/2022 at 8:04 PM, TheJayTawndreEffect said:

I wake and bake...

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

This and a couple cups of coffee while watching the news or cartoons. Also I do some cleaning around the house and the dishes if in the sink from the night before. Then I'll get ready: shower, teeth brushing, deodorant, face cleanse. Then I'm ready to go! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Stay in bed as long as I can after my alarm goes off and think to myself “ahh **** here we go again” :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Mornings used to be my favorite time of day, but I work early during the week, and on the weekends, I put pressure on myself to get things done before my energy crashes since I’m most energetic and productive in the morning. So now, mornings just feel annoying and stressful to me which sucks because I think it’s a really pretty time of day.

I wouldn’t really like waking up earlier and having rituals before work because I always want to get my work done as soon as possible after I wake up so that I can be done for the day and fully relax after. To me, having extra time before work would just feel like wasted evening relaxing time for me.

The most honest reply in here. Gives off these vibes:

• Love 1

I'm not a morning person at all (and as a freelancer, I tend to work pretty late into the night as I can focus better for some reason), so for me it's basically hitting the snooze button several times before finally dragging myself out of bed, opening the curtains, making my bed and splashing cold water in my face to feel a bit more awake. Then I have breakfast and coffee while scrolling through social media (though I've been trying to replace that with reading an article or a book, as it's a bit more nourishing for my brain). Finally, I have a shower, put on moisturiser, SPF and deodorant, and get behind my desk or cycle to my studio to start work.

weekdays are something like this —

cuddle with my boyfriend for a bit

make the bed & feed our kitty whilst he showers

shower whilst he gets ready for work & makes me a breakfast smoothie 

brush teeth, skincare, do my hair, get dressed, makeup

grab my smoothie & lunch 

go to work

^_^

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block