Opinion: Beyoncè is the most overrated artist of all-time, a hypocrite, and deserves to be called out

“ and we see you over there on the internet comparing all the girls who are killin it but we figured you out …”

”damn it’s 7am”

with that said I’ve been a Britney fan since 1998, literally her first Rosie appearance … and 24 years later, I have realized that Britney was overrated … TRL and reality mtv shows made her relatable and that’s why we all grew up loving her . She gave us a connection before social media … but Britney career was smoke and mirrors which is why today fans hate on her so much .. even tho she’s performing and doing everything like she always has … Britney is great but you got to take it for what it was a movement of the time .. she’s no doubt brilliant for being able to create a movement but it was on much more than her talent and she should be respected for being able to accomplish all she has but it was on the backs of MTV and Max Martin. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

“ and we see you over there on the internet comparing all the girls who are killin it but we figured you out …”

”damn it’s 7am”

with that said I’ve been a Britney fan since 1998, literally her first Rosie appearance … and 24 years later, I have realized that Britney was overrated … TRL and reality mtv shows made her relatable and that’s why we all grew up loving her . She gave us a connection before social media … but Britney career was smoke and mirrors which is why today fans hate on her so much .. even tho she’s performing and doing everything like she always has … Britney is great but you got to take it for what it was a movement of the time .. she’s no doubt brilliant for being able to create a movement but it was on much more than her talent and she should be respected for being able to accomplish all she has but it was on the backs of MTV and Max Martin. 

Britney success can be overrated to a being, but her talent isn't. Britney was a self made person - no industry connections - poor town - poor family. 

Britney's career isn't smoke or mirrors, Britney's career didn't take the way it should've after her conservatorship. 

Fans / Layman's give producer too much credit - I am a session guitarist and every person works around the artist it's not the other way around! 

Sure, you have a label and a team telling you what is right or wrong but nobody could've done BOMT for ex like Britney - Britney label was a small label they couldn't afford Payola her talent and her appeal was the thing that made the song huge! 

The video was Britney's idea hence now you see how much importance the costume has taken place over the years! 

Max Martin was not even a hit producer till Baby - even he has a light up symbol representing that in his house because he knows it. 

Britney performing hate or whatever has come from fans like you actually not from fans like us! Fans like me never belittled her or her talent - you guys think it's easy to create hits after hits just on the basis of producers! Britney's most hits were because of appeal just like Madonna - OIDIA is iconic more because of the red costume it literally uplifts the whole song! 

Every mainstream artist is overrated in some sense, that's what mainstream artist is there for because they achieve the success others can't. 

MJ has curated  a lot of hits based on producers? No, you are the vision and the song revolves around you! 

You guys think that one day Max said 'Britney this is the song, and sing it like this' and Britney said 'cool'? This way a song will always be recorded in 10M saving tons of money of the studio! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, devilsadvocate said:

”damn it’s 7am”

She is not overrated.her iconic video.her iconic songs and performances and the tabloid obssesion to her are proofs she deserves to be called a legend 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

#Beastoncé 

I really don’t like her that much. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
And I really don’t have to… nobody’s pressed, but I’m literally allowed to dislike an artist. 😂 you know, I probably wouldn’t dislike her as much as I do, but her fan base makes it difficult to just have an opinion. So…

Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Also

🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Dwi Nurhartini said:

She is not overrated.her iconic video.her iconic songs and performances and the tabloid obssesion to her are proofs she deserves to be called a legend 

She does deserve to be an icon and legend . She is the epitome of what a pop star is and she is the playbook for all pop acts till today. Nonetheless I’m just saying Britney is an icon based on a lot more than talent 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Britney success can be overrated to a being, but her talent isn't. Britney was a self made person - no industry connections - poor town - poor family. 

Britney's career isn't smoke or mirrors, Britney's career didn't take the way it should've after her conservatorship. 

Fans / Layman's give producer too much credit - I am a session guitarist and every person works around the artist it's not the other way around! 

Sure, you have a label and a team telling you what is right or wrong but nobody could've done BOMT for ex like Britney - Britney label was a small label they couldn't afford Payola her talent and her appeal was the thing that made the song huge! 

The video was Britney's idea hence now you see how much importance the costume has taken place over the years! 

Max Martin was not even a hit producer till Baby - even he has a light up symbol representing that in his house because he knows it. 

Britney performing hate or whatever has come from fans like you actually not from fans like us! Fans like me never belittled her or her talent - you guys think it's easy to create hits after hits just on the basis of producers! Britney's most hits were because of appeal just like Madonna - OIDIA is iconic more because of the red costume it literally uplifts the whole song! 

Every mainstream artist is overrated in some sense, that's what mainstream artist is there for because they achieve the success others can't. 

MJ has curated  a lot of hits based on producers? No, you are the vision and the song revolves around you! 

You guys think that one day Max said 'Britney this is the song, and sing it like this' and Britney said 'cool'? This way a song will always be recorded in 10M saving tons of money of the studio! 

I agree with every thing you said . And I have like never insulted Britney’s performances. I actually believe she danced more in Vegas than any other tour and I’ve seen most of them live. I respect her greatly but Britney has limitations like every artist. My point was Lost but I appreciate your response .

4 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

She does deserve to be an icon and legend . She is the epitome of what a pop star is and she is the playbook for all pop acts till today. Nonetheless I’m just saying Britney is an icon based on a lot more than talent 

Havung talent is not enough to survive or win in the competitive music industry.no bussiness like showbis . I can say kelly rowland is much more talented than beyonce

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
On 6/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

She doesn’t have to represent you hon. Either you like her music or not. Easy. Wanna be represented? Look for a mentor. 

Honey, Xanax is across the street lol or maybe a D would calm u down, you seem very distressed in every topic on this forum. Life going well ? Lol

• Haha 1

Love that mythology kept throwing the word "pressed" around in here, yet was so triggered that they had to reply to basically anyone speaking negatively about Beyonce, then had to start a thread about her being the greatest artist of all time just to feel better. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

It's been a minute since I've seen someone fly that off the rails here. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

Love that mythology kept throwing the word "pressed" around in here, yet was so triggered that they had to reply to basically anyone speaking negatively about Beyonce, then had to start a thread about her being the greatest artist of all time just to feel better. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

It's been a minute since I've seen someone fly that off the rails here. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Yes you're right and I don't understand how this user is still in this forum, it's crazy 😩

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

All the pop girlies are huge capitalists tbh :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

I think Beyonce is phony, but they’re all phony. That’s part of the illusion :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

People hate on Beyonce largely because she is black, because you know whoever your fav is no different :clownery_makeup_meme:

This is why people listen to Indie music - because all pop music down to its core is about making $$$ :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

There literally is no ethical consumption under capitalism. I don’t think any of the pop girlies are genuinely for the people, and I don’t need them to be if I want to bop to one of their songs :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

Lastly - I have seen just about all the pop girlies live, and Beyonce by far is the most talented and puts on the best show :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block