Does Carly Rae Jepsen need some sort of controversy to have another hit single?

1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

She has a lot of fans

Does she? I remember that charity event she organized in 2014 where she was supposed to sell like 30,000 cups of coffee and she invited her "fans" to attend and meet her, but only like 20 of them showed up. :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

To answer the question, she'll probably never have another hit again even with controversy. Not that she seems to care. Doing the acclaimed indie pop thing seems to make her happy.

• Like 2

I don't think she cares about being a huge star as long as she is creatively fulfilled and making money. She's succeeding at both of those even if she's not making the kind of money you make when you stadium shows. To me, the lukewarm chart positions of 'I Really Like You' and 'Run Away With Me' prove she would never have a huge hit again. 'Emotion' was out of this world; if the general public wasn't going to embrace that, then what would they embrace from her? This is her career now, and that's ok! 

To be clear, 'I Really Like You' hit #39 in the US, and she should not be called a one-hit wonder! That song deserved to be in the top 20 though! 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

To be honest.

The album kiss came out in September, that album should have been released at the time call me maybe was hot

Then Emotion came out in Japan first, then rest of the world in August, a full 3 months laters, that's asking for trouble in the internet age.

Great point about Emotion. With Kiss, however, the production of the album was rushed to capitalize on Call Me Maybe. There wasn't really an album ready when that song started taking off, so she did the best she could. 

9 minutes ago, mattdw said:

Great point about Emotion. With Kiss, however, the production of the album was rushed to capitalize on Call Me Maybe. There wasn't really an album ready when that song started taking off, so she did the best she could. 

I kept hearing about the curiosity EP, I'm surprised it hasn't seen a worldwide release, apparently curiosity was remixed to match kiss production 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, VCTR said:

I saw her at Coachella and then saw her mug someone then beat this other guy up. Literally tossed them across the entire field with one arm and screamed “No more boy problems!” and laughed. Is that enough controversy? 

THIS is the type of controversy she needs. Maybe throw in some thottery and we can see her rise up the charts.

6gk69l.gif

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block