A statement to Exhale

JayTawndre

It has been brought to my attention that my recent episode of my docuseries flopped. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

I am usually so thankful for everyone's support but right now I honestly feel a little offended that I'm trying to create a name for myself with social media and the docuseries is supposed to represent who I am and what I'm about my personality and introducing myself to the world so it just is a little alarming, I mean that nobody commented on it or even took time to watch it and I feel like I have a pretty huge following here on Excel so I just feel a little bit offended because I consider you guys like family. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Warmest, 

Jay 💅

My try at constructive criticism after wasting 5 minutes of my life skipping seconds of your video.

Your 33:03 minute video does not work because:

1: the sound is either too high or too low.

2: i dont see a reason why it would interest anybody to spend half an hour of their lives watching a grown man smoke a bl**t, acting all tough or something, and then just bopping to music and chatting randomly with friends. Tell me what exactly viewers get out of that? That's basically what anybody would do if they decide to have friends who use *****. 

3: try breaking the video up and putting it on TikTok if you feel the need to get yourself out there. 

4: try making videos with a meaning/topic and dig deep in it to stir some interest perhaps.

5: again why would these clips interest anyone? 

I do Youtube myself. I do daycore stuff, with GMVs (i see myself as an amateur though). I do it for myself, because i like it, when i get some views, cool, but it's not what drives me; the reaction i get from others. It's the process i like and being content with the final results.  

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Damon said:

This post reeks of entitlement, Jay.

I understand your frustration and disappointment when it feels like you have worked really hard, but, the harsh reality is that I can almost guarantee that no one on Exhale finds you as fascinating or intriguing as you seem to find yourself. Why would people be rushing to watch a 34 minute compilation of random footage of a complete stranger? 

There's a ton of love and goodwill for you here, and I'm sure your story will be interesting/inspiring to many, but no one owes you anything and they most certainly aren't obligated to watch and review your content.

I was going to try typing an original response but this covers most of what I would say. :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

• Love 3

This may sound harsh but a quick reality check - nobody cares, for better or worse. Plus, this is a pop forum focused on Britney predominantly. Try to break through on twitter or youtube. Exhale is a bit exclusive and while people occasionally support your posts and videos, that might leave you with the wrong impression. Best of luck, though!

8 hours ago, Damon said:

This post reeks of entitlement, Jay.

I understand your frustration and disappointment when it feels like you have worked really hard, but, the harsh reality is that I can almost guarantee that no one on Exhale finds you as fascinating or intriguing as you seem to find yourself. Why would people be rushing to watch a 34 minute compilation of random footage of a complete stranger? 

There's a ton of love and goodwill for you here, and I'm sure your story will be interesting/inspiring to many, but no one owes you anything and they most certainly aren't obligated to watch and review your content.

I wish we could stay on the same page ..

17 minutes ago, TheJayTawndreEffect said:

I wish we could stay on the same page ..

i.e. you want me to tell you what an intrinsically fascinating person you are and how I dropped everything I was doing right away in order to perch on the edge of my seat and consume every last millisecond of your content, so I could then sprint back to Exhale and give you a minute-by-minute review of how transfixed and invested I was. 

We haven't been on the same page for a long time because I refuse to enable/condone your bad decisions or play into your delusion of grandeur. You refuse to take on board any constructive criticism and would rather shrug it off as jealousy or shade. 

I do think you're a genuinely good person, and do have a genuinely interesting story to tell, but you're not going to reach your desired audience by throwing your toys out of the pram whenever your content's engagement doesn't match what the narcissist in you thinks it deserves.

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block