12 years ago today, Nicki Minaj made her solo debut on the Hot 100 with ‘Your Love’

spacer.png

The song was initially stolen and leaked out of the studio she recorded from and Nicki didn’t want to put the song out at all. The one who stole the song, put it online and radio started playing it. 

It eventually peaked at No. 14, becoming her first Top 20 in the country. It debuted at No. 23 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, and peaked at number four. Your Love peaked at No. 1 on the US Rap Songs chart for eight consecutive weeks. Nicki Minaj became the first female rapper to top the chart since Lil' Kim's "Magic Stick", featuring 50 Cent. She also became the first artist to lead the chart with a song without any features since Missy Elliott in 2003 with "Work It".

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Wow its been 12 YEARS since I became a fan?!

Man I was in high school when she debuted and I remember loving her!

I even wore a shirt of her for my 18th bday lol

That’s so nice, I didn’t know you are a fan. I remember I was so young to comprehend what is Nicki all about. Back then, I was into Britney and Britney only. But it’s crazy how talented Nicki is as an artist. You can’t name another artists as versatile as she is… this is why I love her. She’s saving them songs and outshines everyone on their songs…. she is the GOAT :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Who do I look like? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: My sister thought this was Justin Bieber when I first played it for her :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Tell your sister that Justin Bieber was a thot when this first came out. :roxxy: The story of this song it’s so crazy, I think the first version is from her mixtape days… they just keep it for pink Friday because of the good reception 

• Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Style. said:

That’s so nice, I didn’t know you are a fan. I remember I was so young to comprehend what is Nicki all about. Back then, I was into Britney and Britney only. But it’s crazy how talented Nicki is as an artist. You can’t name another artists as versatile as she is… this is why I love her. She’s saving them songs and outshines everyone on their songs…. she is the GOAT :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Yeah I love her and was a HUGE fan when I was a teen.

I sadly never got to see her live in concert.

I want to though

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Rz Rz said:

Lets not pretend like she isn't washed up and married to a  rap***. 

She isn’t washed up. Do We Have a Problem peaked #2 and stayed top 100 for about 15 weeks. It’s also number #3 on US Urban Radio. Why are you keeping her to the 2012 standards? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: 

Despite everything, the GP still like her and find her persona cool. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Style. said:

spacer.png

The song was initially stolen and leaked out of the studio she recorded from and Nicki didn’t want to put the song out at all. The one who stole the song, put it online and radio started playing it. 

It eventually peaked at No. 14, becoming her first Top 20 in the country. It debuted at No. 23 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, and peaked at number four. Your Love peaked at No. 1 on the US Rap Songs chart for eight consecutive weeks. Nicki Minaj became the first female rapper to top the chart since Lil' Kim's "Magic Stick", featuring 50 Cent. She also became the first artist to lead the chart with a song without any features since Missy Elliott in 2003 with "Work It".

On 6/20/2022 at 3:01 PM, Style. said:

She isn’t washed up. Do We Have a Problem peaked #2 and stayed top 100 for about 15 weeks. It’s also number #3 on US Urban Radio. Why are you keeping her to the 2012 standards? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: 

Despite everything, the GP still like her and find her persona cool. 

You are delusional. The general public does not care about this fake booty clown. Only her little degenerate fans care. All two of yall. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block