H.E.R. files lawsuit to be released from her record label

Cqleb

• Content Curators

Gabriella Sarmiento Wilson fka H.E.R., is suing MBK Entertainment, the record label owned by her longtime manager Jeff Robinson, for the rights to her music catalog. H.E.R. signed with Robinson in 2011. 

According to legal documents cited by the Blast, H.E.R. is suing for declaratory relief and violation of the business and professions code and seeking to be released from her contract with MBK. The lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of the State of California in Los Angeles County on Thursday.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/her-lawsuit-label-mbk-entertainment-jeff-robinson-1235298898/

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

These artists low-key sell their souls when signing with a label. There needs to be more provisions and ways to exit. 

No one put a gun on their head and forced them to sign. If they can be award winning songwriters, I’m sure they can read a contract before signing. It’s on them. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, bas che said:

No one put a gun on their head and forced them to sign. If they can be award winning songwriters, I’m sure they can read a contract before signing. It’s on them. 

She signed when she was 14, technically she couldn't legally do it. But H.E.R. has been called out cos her parents literally paid her way into the industry, she gets called out a lot. Oscar winner, to people lots of things don't check out, cos literally she blew up fast and nobody knew where she came from to be an overnight sensation.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

These artists low-key sell their souls when signing with a label. There needs to be more provisions and ways to exit. 

Or they need to start reading their contracts first.

I mean...it's easy to complain afterwards when it's literally in a piece of paper you signed.

I bet most artists are like "yes finally I am gonna be famous, lemme sign this little detail quick before they change their mind".

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, bas che said:

This. Starting to wonder if artists can't read or something lol. Like seriously. NEVER sign anything you don't understand 100%.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block