Deep Dive: Britney should've released "Blur" as a single!

Circus is full of great tracks. I wish she would've performed more songs from it, at least in specific dates or later on. Can't believe she did Lace & Leather but never did Unusual You, Shattered Glass or Blur. 

I love Quicksand, Phonograpy, Amnesia and Trouble as well. Great great album full of pop gold. Might even be in her trinity but sadly I don't think Britney had much input or passion for Circus. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Mannequin deserved the single treatment it wasn't anything she did normally in her artistry.

YES! omg YES!! I'm SUCH a huge "Mannequin" fan. I honestly don't like to think about what she could have done better or simply differently, she's had an amazing career either way, but I DO think she should have released "Mannequin" as a single!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Richie said:

Circus is full of great tracks. I wish she would've performed more songs from it, at least in specific dates or later on. Can't believe she did Lace & Leather but never did Unusual You, Shattered Glass or Blur. 

I love Quicksand, Phonograpy, Amnesia and Trouble as well. Great great album full of pop gold. Might even be in her trinity but sadly I don't think Britney had much input or passion for Circus. 

She never really did outside in the zone, its not that she wanted to, she wasn't allowed to 

That's the issue. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Richie said:

Circus is one of her BEST albums. Ever. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

• Love 2
22 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I always got date räpe vibes from this song.:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

I’ve def had nights where I blacked out and didn’t remember what I did but thank God, I’ve never woken up in a strangers bed. I kinda feel like Blur is Early Mornin’s cousin, but I prefer EM cuz she and her girls went out on their choice to party, to hook up and she remembered the dudes name (Joe). 

I do think the song is vibey and it’s a cool storytelling type of song, which we don’t get many on the radio these days, but I remember being young when this came out and knowing about date-rápe pills and I always questioned if this was what she’s was singing about :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Queen of Roofie Anthems :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Um Blackout was pretty much entirely Britney...

She only has 5 credits.

Aaliyah said the same thing she doesn't they Take the conversations they  have with her, and turn them into songs. But to me that's not songwriting, I mean I feel she should be credited.

But she isn't.

Songwriting is important in the industry today 

Her voice sounds great, but I don’t think it’s single material at all. It would have flopped harder than radar.

kill the lights would’ve probably been a hit. But unusual you is the best song, and I knew a lot of ppl who weren’t Britney fans who lived that song if they got the opportunity to hear it. It could have been a grower 

• Love 2
On 6/19/2022 at 5:38 AM, MikeHunt said:

I always got date räpe vibes from this song.:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

I’ve def had nights where I blacked out and didn’t remember what I did but thank God, I’ve never woken up in a strangers bed. I kinda feel like Blur is Early Mornin’s cousin, but I prefer EM cuz she and her girls went out on their choice to party, to hook up and she remembered the dudes name (Joe). 

I do think the song is vibey and it’s a cool storytelling type of song, which we don’t get many on the radio these days, but I remember being young when this came out and knowing about date-rápe pills and I always questioned if this was what she’s was singing about :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

My thoughts exactly! I mean thinking of it, I'm kinda surprised her team incluided that song with those lyrics in the era when they wanted to "clean" B's image.

But I like the song very much!

tho Unusual You deserved to be THE single.  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1
On 6/19/2022 at 9:23 AM, TheJayTawndreEffect said:

Her vocals.:kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

The vibe. :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

Everything is still a blur ☁️

This should've been a single. It's urban radio friendly and Pop friendly. Danja gave a very Timbaland-esque beat. This could have been sung by the late and great Aaliyah. 

Thoughts? :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

No Way What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

One of my favorites from Circus! I love rawney :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block