Deep Dive: Britney should've released "Blur" as a single!

1 hour ago, rennen2.0 said:

I do love the music and overall chilled vibe of the song, but the lyrics. :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake: It is not radio friendly in the slightest. 

Unsual You should have been a single. 

Back then i agree it wasn't radio friendly..far to real and edgy..

Though with songs like 'break up with your girlfriend im bored' and just the general sleaziness of todays music ,blur would easily fit in somewhere nowadays.  

Blur is a simple yet good song.. its melodic.. its got good vocals.. i wish she'd sing her own songs live..

I wish she had the freedom back during POM to randomly add blur into a show ..

She has so many good songs that the GP dont know about 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

I think the 1st 3 from circus were perf singles but 4th and 5th should’ve been kill the lights and unusual you. Radar would’ve done better if it was the 3rd single from blackout 

edit: quicksand would’ve done well too 

Womanizer. circus.out from under. If you seek amy. Unusual you. blur. Amnesia. Quicksand should have been the singles 

Amnesia could have had a music video simply with the circus tour recordings.. the lights coming down at the end with the song playing out..

Quicksand would have been a hit.. the gp was rooting for her.. the song is vulnerable and we wantdd that

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I always got date räpe vibes from this song.:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

I’ve def had nights where I blacked out and didn’t remember what I did but thank God, I’ve never woken up in a strangers bed. I kinda feel like Blur is Early Mornin’s cousin, but I prefer EM cuz she and her girls went out on their choice to party, to hook up and she remembered the dudes name (Joe). 

I do think the song is vibey and it’s a cool storytelling type of song, which we don’t get many on the radio these days, but I remember being young when this came out and knowing about date-rápe pills and I always questioned if this was what she’s was singing about :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

9 hours ago, TheJayTawndreEffect said:

Her vocals.:kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

The vibe. :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

ADVERTISING

Skip
Ads by

Everything is still a blur ☁️

This should've been a single. It's urban radio friendly and Pop friendly. Danja gave a very Timbaland-esque beat. This could have been sung by the late and great Aaliyah. 

Thoughts? :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

No Way What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Deep dive?

My only wish for this song is that it was uncensored.

And Unusual You should’ve been the fourth single. Radar never should’ve been on Circus anyway, it was in a contract that song had to be a single and since Blackout era got cut short they had to put it on Circus and release it as a single. 

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block