Bart Migal talks about being impressed with Britney Spears' vocal abilities while working with her in the studio

19 hours ago, Applejack said:

what are u even talking about?

everyone does studio trickery even in the 1930s

no one was covering up her vocal takes or lack of range...the guy in the OP was just saying how crazy wide her range is

Yes but not to the degree Britney uses it.  She sounds like a **** robot in most of her songs for crying out loud.  Her voice is computer altered to hell and back.  Don’t be delusional:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

1 hour ago, Louis-j said:

The biggest mystery to me is how her vocals changed from Oops to Britney.

From powerful to weak.. Can someone tell me more about that ?

Her voice got naturally weaker and weaker after puberty most likely.  Her voice was quite powerful as a child, now it’s incredibly weak.  It’s so sad to hear how she sounded back then to what she sounds now:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

3 hours ago, Applejack said:

Blackout was not vocally minimal. She did high notes, she did falsettos, she had nice runs. We had Break the Ice, Gimme More, Outta This World, Perfect Lover, Heaven on Earth.

Britney, the album, was the one she ditched everything technical about her voice in Oops and started to be too guttural and raspy rather than focusing on runs, falsettos. Even Slave and Boys, which are more breathy vocals, weren't better than anything she put out in Blackout. Or In the Zone for that matter.

But you're talking vocals, not music. Vocally, Oops, Glory and Blackout/BOMT are the albums she best shows off her pipes. Femme Fatale just doesn't belong here. 

BLACKOUT just does not belong there. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Glory you can make an excellent case for, she soars on some of those runs. But it’s tough to compare pre-con music to con-approved music. The vocals weren’t my cup of tea before I even knew what a conservatorship was. It’s a personal matter for me. That’s just how I would rank them. And nothing about Make Me or Slumber Party vocally exceed Perfume let alone Criminal. She didn’t even want to record those albums and we can hear it. No, I often ask myself if Britney Jean (2013) and Glory should exist.

:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

1 hour ago, BritneyGXKB said:

BLACKOUT just does not belong there. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Glory you can make an excellent case for, she soars on some of those runs. But it’s tough to compare pre-con music to con-approved music. The vocals weren’t my cup of tea before I even knew what a conservatorship was. It’s a personal matter for me. That’s just how I would rank them. And nothing about Make Me or Slumber Party vocally exceed Perfume let alone Criminal. She didn’t even want to record those albums and we can hear it. No, I often ask myself if Britney Jean (2013) and Glory should exist.

I'm not following. What in the world makes you think Criminal, which is a song you can't barely hear Britney's voice, is better than falsetto fest Make Me?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BritneyGXKB said:

what are you talking about? britney loves glory and she fought for making it the way it is

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mythology said:

I couldn’t care less what notes she hit if she sounded like a dying cat.  Are you going to argue that was a good vocal take?  She sounded horrible, I was downright embarrassed for her watching that video.

No no no. Stay on task or STFU. You said she was singing off-key either prove it or go about your business. 

• Haha 1
On 6/20/2022 at 11:32 AM, Applejack said:

I'm not following. What in the world makes you think Criminal, which is a song you can't barely hear Britney's voice, is better than falsetto fest Make Me?

Britney’s first single with a feature since Madonna featuring G-Eazy.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:33 AM, pedroply said:

what are you talking about? britney loves glory and she fought for making it the way it is

I’ve thought about this a lot, and yes Britney was relatively visible in the year leading up to Glory, but I don’t think working with a whole new team since Britney Jean was entirely her choice. I do believe that she exercised creative control over her music in the limited capacity she could, and I think we all know there just wasn’t much she could do. So, I’m not saying she doesn’t love it for the way it is, and I know she describes a few songs on the album as her favorite songs, I just think she was trying to make the best of things. 

I love some of the lyrics on there, but her voice sounds so tortured, and given how much she hated performing by that point (having been forced to perform since at least 2011), I would say she was trying to sabotage her music so that no one would buy it! And it worked! If Britney Jean and Glory were any good they wouldn’t have sold less than half as many copies as Femme Fatale. And I’ll just leave it at that!

:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block