Bart Migal talks about being impressed with Britney Spears' vocal abilities while working with her in the studio

4 hours ago, Antidote said:

Autotune hadn't even been invented when she was already making music, educate yourself plz.

Antares Auto Tune was introduced in 1997, but was available to certain producers years before…. I disagree with the person who said she’s β€œtuned to death” because Britney’s first 4 albums especially are very organic vocally, but auto tune was in fact invented & Melodyne followed 3 or 4 years later.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

How can you even say this understanding the situation she was in? BJ and Glory are only bad because of the con, the rest of her discography demonstrates why she is Queen of Pop. It is no secret Britney does studio magic. If there is an art to recording a song and then Britney has created her own genre. Nearly everyone since 1999 has tried to sing like Britney. You don’t get that from auto-tune.

Glory is her third best album vocally?! Like six years later now people want to say it’s a bad album?!

• Like 4
6 hours ago, mythology said:

Her recent IG posts of her singing live paint another picture, unfortunately. Β She had a decent voice in the beginning of her career but it’s gone only downhill since:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

This is such an inaccurate statement. Her recent IG posts showcase the fact that she’s a naturally talented singer who DID NOT take care of her voice. The fact that she’s still capable of belting super high notes and going really low highlights this. She needs to learn how to become technical and try and salvage some of her voice.Β 

• Love 7
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Lex993 said:

This is such an inaccurate statement. Her recent IG posts showcase the fact that she’s a naturally talented singer who DID NOT take care of her voice. The fact that she’s still capable of belting super high notes and going really low highlights this. She needs to learn how to become technical and try and salvage some of her voice.Β 

Also, I’m guessing that Britney’s voice isn’t as damaged as most assume… I honestly think she just does not train her voice properly, she doesn’t sing live regularly and so she simply sounds out of practice. Now, age is gonna start working against her voice in the coming years and that’s just for anyone, with breathing and all that jazz.Β 

8 hours ago, Antidote said:

Autotune hadn't even been invented when she was already making music, educate yourself plz.

Autotune was invented and first used in 1997, exactly when Britney signed her contract and started working on a debut album. Educate yourself plz.Β 

:gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Love 2

Wow that was very well said about time someone puts respect on Britney’s vocal talents! For years people said she couldn’t sing but that’s because of the trademark voice they always wanted from her and she executed it perfectly! She always did her job so well it was the media who made everything around her seem trashy!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, mythology said:

Her recent IG posts of her singing live paint another picture, unfortunately. Β She had a decent voice in the beginning of her career but it’s gone only downhill since:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Actually no it didn’t, I heard a whole lot of that stylistic range this guy is speaking of, people are just musically ignorantΒ 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I still don’t get why people don’t see Britney’s talents as a singer. In BOMT (the song) itself her vocals are stellar.Β 
The β€˜I shouldn’t have let you goOoOoOo’ is really good.Β 

This is honestly one of my favorite songs of hers to belt out, The baby voice was a blessing and a curse she was way too good at it that people overlooked her stronger vocals which she would often showcase throughout her songs

6 hours ago, Lex993 said:

We’ve been making excuses for her voice for nearly two decades now. Β She sounded terrible on her IG videos and avoids singing live for obvious reasons. Β As much as I hate to admit it, our fave is a mediocre singer:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Actually no it didn’t, I heard a whole lot of that stylistic range this guy is speaking of, people are just musically ignorantΒ 

All I heard was her singing horribly off key and sounding like a dying cat. Β Her recent IG posts of her singing live were embarrassing tbh. Β No wonder the general public thinks our fave can’t sing:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, bbbsss said:

Autotune was invented and first used in 1997, exactly when Britney signed her contract and started working on a debut album. Educate yourself plz.Β 

:gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

Pretty sure they meant her voice was computer altered which has been true for her entire career. Β A lot of tricks and studio trickery are implemented to cover up some of her vocal takes and lack of range:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block