14 years ago today, Katy Perry released her second studio album, 'One of the Boys'. What do you remember?

3 hours ago, bas che said:

These topics are starting to make feel anxious and old. 

Same. I'm already clinically depressed; I don't need more reminders that I'm getting old at an alarming rate. :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

I only liked the singles from this album, and Lost on occasion. The album has way too much filler though.

• Like 2

I remember perez Hilton promoting the f— out of Ur So Gay on his obnoxious blog. She was still considered indie and didn’t quite breakthrough quite yet. It was only a year later that I Kissed a Girl picked steam and played nonstop on every radio station. 

i didn’t become a fan until her Teenage Dream era. It was around the same time Glee aired.

• Super Mods

It's an iconic album, love her or hate her. The album shaped pop music back then big time and moved barriers. I kissed a girl was a huge hit and a huge shock because boomers were still dominating all areas of life and millennials were still young teens who couldnt defend their own. 

KP's I kissed a girl kind of gave that final push to normalize LGBT :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block