Instagram tells TMZ Britney removed her account

I know that I'll probably be in the minority and I'm ready for the backlash, but am I the only one that finds her deleting and reactivating her account childish? The same for her posts...

Like if you have something to say then say it and leave it. When she deletes stuff it just gives me the impression that she's being manic. Not saying she's unstable but I dunno, just seems odd.

12 hours ago, Sia said:

I know that I'll probably be in the minority and I'm ready for the backlash, but am I the only one that finds her deleting and reactivating her account childish? The same for her posts...

Like if you have something to say then say it and leave it. When she deletes stuff it just gives me the impression that she's being manic. Not saying she's unstable but I dunno, just seems odd.

She hasn't been allowed to truly communicate with the world on her own terms in many, many years - well before the conservatorship. Think about moments like the Matt Lauer interview and worldwide lashing she received as a human, a mother, an artist, etc. She has been treated like both a monster and an out-of-control maniac, and I can't even fathom what that's done to her confidence.

She's learning how to interact with the world and even people on a one-on-one interpersonal level again. She is baring her soul and that must feel freeing yet terrifying for her. She's been traumatized. Judgment from millions of people as well as her family - as demonstrated in Lynne's deleted "You've got to be kidding me!" post - is going to be difficult after everything. We know even Jamie Watson has responded to fan messages saying disparaging things about Britney, going as far as questioning whether she embarrasses her children.

Britney's reality is so vastly different from ours, we cannot observe her situation without special context.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Sia said:

I know lots of twitter users who deactivate because they go on a break. How's that childish

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Why would Instagram tell their user's actions to TMZ? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

I agree it's a violation of privacy. 

At the same time, they're protecting themselves and Britney from rabid conspiracy theorists. 

I think the lesson is to not obsess over every little thing Britney does so that people don't feel the need to violate her privacy (this also goes to the dozens of articles written about every little thing she does on IG). 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Sia said:

Social media in general is childish. It brings out the worst in nearly everybody. I respect your opinion, but I just don't get why Britney Spears has to be criticized for something many people do. And frankly that is inconsequential. 

By the way, I delete stuff all the time on my IG and so do other people. You can make threads about it in some of the other forums if it bothers you so much. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

INFANTILE? No... ( I'M SORRY IT'S A LONG MESSAGE, I WANT TO EXPLAIN THIS 🙏🏽).... I think it's the smartest thing someone can do for their own good, Disconnecting for a while from social media can be a good way to prevent anxiety, depression, low self esteem, etc, she reads the comments, some seem to forget or do it on purpose to annoy her and make her day bitter. One of the benefits of leaving social media for a while is that you don't become dependent, It helps you avoid addiction, There is no denying that these platforms help us stay connected, like her as an artist with us her fans ; the bad thing is that they can also separate her from others, she is in a relationship, she is now married and they live under the same roof as she has done before, most likely it helps her not to be tempted and live day to day in reality, Sometimes people get so immersed in virtual spaces that they forget that there is a world outside, Reducing the time one spends on the internet can help reconnect with those who are close to us, like in her case, husband and children, friends. Anxiety is greatly reduced by doing so, try it, there are people who find it impossible to leave social networks for a whole day. As for deleting posts, let's not forget that social networks is a release of DOPAMINES, you release emotions, you can take it as a diary, or whatever, sometimes after releasing something if it is a little negative, you just say I feel relieved because I have released it, Now I will delete it, it's a weight off, if it's a photo with no description and it gets deleted, maybe he doesn't want it on FEED anymore, because he prefers it not to be there or just because it doesn't fit the way he wants to see it organized, if you noticed he likes his feed of 3 photos and they more or less go along the same lines. It's as simple as that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Applejack said:

I know lots of twitter users who deactivate because they go on a break. How's that childish

My thought is that you can take a break without going to those measures. 

It’s like leaving a room and feeling the need to make it know that you’re leaving “I’m leaving y’all, I’m case you didn’t notice I’m walking away. Yep, I’m almost to the door….okay I’m leaving for real.”

3 minutes ago, Sia said:

It’s like leaving a room and feeling the need to make it know that you’re leaving “I’m leaving y’all, I’m case you didn’t notice I’m walking away. Yep, I’m almost to the door….okay I’m leaving for real.”

She didn't make some big announcement that she was leaving. Maybe she deactivates to stop notifications even if she deletes the app from her phone, etc. I swear people tear apart her every decision, no matter what she does. Reasons like that are WHY she needs to disconnect and detach sometimes, I'm sure. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Why would Instagram tell their user's actions to TMZ? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

It's probably more like this:

TMZ: It's still unclear if she pulled the plug, or if the platform shut her page down.

TMZ to IG: Why did you remove Britney's Instagram account?

IG: We did not remove Britney's Instagram.

TMZ:  A source at Instagram tells us they didn't remove Britney's account ... it was all her doing.

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Sia said:

I think this is just an issue of generation gap. Britney don’t think Instagram is just that important. If she deactivate her Instagram, she don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I mean she’s living her best life now, and she can care less about her social media presence. 

It’s a great message for all of us out there, tho. If you want to deactivate your social media, just do so. It’s not the end of the world, and it would be nice sometimes to not make the tech billionaires getting any richer. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block