Revlon, who owns Britney's perfume line, files for bankruptcy

1 minute ago, leviathan said:

guys, a chapter 11 is not a “bankruptcy” as in they’re going out of business.

on the contrary it’s a WE WANT to stay in business but need help. and companies filing for a chapter 11 continue to operate basically at the same capacity as before.

if the filing was indeed accepted - as it appears from the article - then it means revlon is just trying to restructure its business back to a profitable model.

meaning they have to restructure all of their debt and present a short term and long term business plan where they show they will be able to pay all debtors in time, negotiate some interests at a lower rate and eventually reach profitability again.

a chapter 11 basically means - we have income but the time gap between our assets and liabilities is closing so we either need a bigger gap, to liquidate some assets or to renegotiate our liabilities.

revlon is not going anywhere.

also Elizabeth Arden as a subsidiary can be 100% profitable while its parent company Revlon isn’t.

so this basically means nothing to the Britney perfumes. it’ll be business as usual. If anything this is one of the things that is keeping them afloat.

end of my Ted talk 

This! Stop with theories that are simply mistaken :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Revlon also commented that their business will continue as normal while this is decided so nothing to panic here :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

This! Stop with theories that are simply mistaken :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Revlon also commented that their business will continue as normal while this is decided so nothing to panic here :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

I can see literally no one on this thread understands a balance sheet.

thank you for restoring my faith boo.

• Haha 1

Ooh that's not good. I don't think it was down to Britney's perfumes selling badly. It seems Revolon obviously had debts they hadn't repayed that may have contributed to this.

If another company could end up acquiring them they might be saved. We'll see. Britney's perfume line is too successful for it to be discontinued completely. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Isla said:

Ooh that's not good. I don't think it was down to Britney's perfumes selling badly. It seems Revolon obviously had debts they hadn't repayed that may have contributed to this.

If another company could end up acquiring them they might be saved. We'll see. Britney's perfume line is too successful for it to be discontinued completely. 

Agreed. I don’t know why a lot of people took it sarcastically or that I was implying her perfume line caused this. Lol.

I hope another company acquires her line and rebrand them instead of just creating a million different Fantasy with the same Randee pic.

• Like 1

It’s a restructuring. It’s a way for them to secure their foundation and continue operations while they continue working in a economy affected by supply chain strains. The brands they house are still selling, it’s their cosmetics brand that needs a revamp.

Set It Off Movie GIF by filmeditor

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ItsSway said:

It’s a restructuring. It’s a way for them to secure their foundation and continue operations while they continue working in a economy affected by supply chain strains. The brands they house are still selling, it’s their cosmetics brand that needs a revamp.

Set It Off Movie GIF by filmeditor

give up sweetie; no one here gets it… just gays swimming in the stars drama

• Haha 2

1. Thank you to the pusher who called out that it’s chapter 11 and not chapter 7. Big difference there.

2. There’s no legitimate reason that Britney couldn’t get the business back under her own company, however that would require a lot of work because of all the ownership and hire changes over the past 13 years. She could do the same thing Rihanna is doing and sell it direct to consumer.

3. I’m shocked that Revlon acquired Elizabeth Arden using loans. Somehow that information completely slipped under my radar.

22 hours ago, leviathan said:

guys, a chapter 11 is not a “bankruptcy” as in they’re going out of business.

on the contrary it’s a WE WANT to stay in business but need help. and companies filing for a chapter 11 continue to operate basically at the same capacity as before.

if the filing was indeed accepted - as it appears from the article - then it means revlon is just trying to restructure its business back to a profitable model.

meaning they have to restructure all of their debt and present a short term and long term business plan where they show they will be able to pay all debtors in time, negotiate some interests at a lower rate and eventually reach profitability again.

a chapter 11 basically means - we have income but the time gap between our assets and liabilities is closing so we either need a bigger gap, to liquidate some assets or to renegotiate our liabilities.

revlon is not going anywhere.

also Elizabeth Arden as a subsidiary can be 100% profitable while its parent company Revlon isn’t.

so this basically means nothing to the Britney perfumes. it’ll be business as usual. If anything this is one of the things that is keeping them afloat.

end of my Ted talk 

Thank you ! Someone who knows how business works. 
Filing for bankruptcy means essentially nothing. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block