Britney deactivated her Instagram

4 minutes ago, Style Holiday said:

This is not a common mistake, why are you lying?  spacer.png

I am not lying. I'm hispanic and even though I've been living here in the US for over 16 years, it still happens from time to time, but this in fact a common mistake for non-native speakers. In Spanish we say "Volvio a desactivar su Instagram", we don't normally use 'el' or 'ella', majority of translating websites automatically apply 'he' for some odd reason.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Style Holiday said:

This is not a common mistake, why are you lying?  spacer.png

It is for people coming from countries in which genders don't exist in grammar, especially in Europe :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: 

Just like the Americans when they're trying to speak French, Spanish or Italian and give the wrong gender to a common name, such as a table, or anything else :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

How many languages can you speak? :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: 

Stupid comment :clown_meme__makeup_green:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Addicted_Heart said:

I'm from Finland and we only have gender neutral pronoun hän for he/she. I have many times used the wrong pronoun when I'm speaking in English

I moved to the US 16 years ago and this sometimes still happens to me :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: it's normal for non-native speakers...Most people are understanding, but the few that have mocked me only speak English...so it's like come on...show me a little bit of grace :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Addicted_Heart said:

I'm from Finland and we only have gender neutral pronoun hän for he/she. I have many times used the wrong pronoun when I'm speaking in English

I’m from Finland, too, and can testify that many Finns struggle with male and female pronouns in various languages (since we have only one, gender-neutral word for the third person). It’s the same thing with people whose first language is Estonian (and I suspect the same applies to Hungarian which belong to the same language group as Finnish and Estonian). 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block