Netflix releases official trailer for “Blonde”, Ana de Armas STUNS as Marilyn Monroe

I don’t know what to say. I’m waiting for the whole movie before coming to a conclusion. I’m saying this because I’ve seen The Gray Man and I didn’t like it. I was like ‘why does Netflix pay bad actors?’ :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
I happened to watch Ozark and The Gray Man at the same time and all I could think of is how Ryan Gosling, Ana De Armas and Chris Evans talent is sub par compared with the actors from Ozark: Jason Bateman, Julia Garner, Laura Linney. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Style. said:

I don’t know what to say. I’m waiting for the whole movie before coming to a conclusion. I’m saying this because I’ve seen The Gray Man and I didn’t like it. I was like ‘why does Netflix pay bad actors?’ :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
It happened to watch Ozark and The Gray Man at the same time and all I could think of is how Ryan Gosling, Ana De Armas and Chris Evans talent is sub par compared with the actors from Ozark: Jason Bateman, Julia Garner, Laura Linney. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I find her acting to be pretty impressive in the “Deep Water” :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Julia Garner is indeed a very gifted actress, though. I think the Madonna’s biopic will give her a great exposure. I am also hoping for Sydney Sweeney to receive more roles after “Euphoria” is finished, as there’s definitely a huge potential there. 

Nevertheless, I am extremely excited to see this movie. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, bbbsss said:

I find her acting to be pretty impressive in the “Deep Water” :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Julia Garner is indeed a very gifted actress, though. I think the Madonna’s biopic will give her a great exposure. I am also hoping for Sydney Sweeney to receive more roles after “Euphoria” is finished, as there’s definitely a huge potential there. 

Nevertheless, I am extremely excited to see this movie. 

I didn’t watch Deep Water, I just lost my precious time with The Gray Man. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 
Julia Garner deserves to be more exposed, like Zendeya. Is Zendeya any good or worth this fame? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 
No shade ‘cause I don’t know any of her movies… 

2 hours ago, cubasterd said:

I thought the trailer looked pretty weak. Her accent threw me off a bit too.

What accent do you hear?

None? I don’t know. The thing is, Marilyn herself had sort of an accent and a special way of talking, which was actually a tactic she used to overcome a childhood stutter. Perhaps that’s why, but I hear Marilyn. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Style. said:

I didn’t watch Deep Water, I just lost my precious time with The Gray Man. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 
Julia Garner deserves to be more exposed, like Zendeya. Is Zendeya any good or worth this fame? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 
No shade ‘cause I don’t know any of her movies… 

I don’t actually think Zendaya has that much exposure in the movie industry. As a fashion girl and high end brand ambassador, absolutely. As an actress, not that much. However I don’t really follow her career that close and only seen her in “Euphoria”. I think Julia’s goal is different. 

• 1 month later...

Ana De Armas was amazing in this! She should definitely get an award or two in my opinion.

However the movie itself is pretty horrible. The writers and director should have remained more factual. The structure was kind of all over the place and the story revolving around her father & unborn child was a ridiculous portrayal.

As far as Marilyn goes, a much better watch is The Mystery of Marilyn Monroe: The Unheard Tapes.

• Like 2

Okay, well, the movie certainly wasn’t what I expected it to be. You can’t say it’s a bad movie, but I guess it’s lacking some dynamic and storyline. We all know Marilyn’s life story, however I would have loved to see it told from a different perspective and it feels like this was an opportunity wasted. The last 40 minutes were actually quite disturbing even. The scene with the president was unnecessary. While there is no doubt that Marilyn has witnessed and lived through a lot of trauma in her life, it is important to keep in mind that this movie is based on a fictional novel and therefore certain events were obviously exaggerated. 

Ana De Armas on the other hand, undoubtedly, delivers a performance of a lifetime. She personally left me very touched and impressed. I guess the 14 minute standing ovation at the Venice film festival was for her. The make up artists also did an incredible job. In some moments the resemblance was uncanny. 

All in all, except for Ana’s performance, Marilyn deserved better. 

On 6/17/2022 at 11:33 AM, neko said:

the book was terrible. i’m wondering how this will navigate its many layers whilst taking care to establish that the book is mostly fictional 

ok so yeah upon watching it, i stand by my initial statement. the author was less than truthful in regards to marilyn’s life, and this adaption did nothing but further cement that sentiment. the director literally called marilyn a “wh.ore” publicly. 

the actress, whatever her name is, is a piece of sh.it for involving herself in this sensationalist garbage. in what world did she think this portrayal is a homage, or respectful? 

from the beginning to end this sorry excuse for a “film” is disturbing. not in a fun, lynchian “sh.it gets real” type of way, but in a way where every other scene is unnecessarily graphic. it has a requiem in a dream undertone to it, and i mean that in the least appealing way possible. 

scenes jump from one fever dream to the next. montages of se.xual assault (throughout the entire movie), self-harm, ********, miscarriage, overdose, paranoia, domestic abuse and forced medical procedures are realistically carried out, taking the life and death of a woman whose partial legacy is already rooted in tragedy and making a circus of it. 

the choice to luxuriate in marilyn’s misery as opposed to condemning the parties who precipitated it is telling. you don’t walk away from it feeling like you have a better understanding of the person that was marilyn monroe. this film does not teach, nor does it offer any kind of perspective. it is exploitative and revels in the betrayal of marilyn’s complex life. 

instead of watching this cheap b-film grade disgrace, do yourself a favor and listen to some of the many archived interviews marilyn partook in. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block