Netflix releases official trailer for “Blonde”, Ana de Armas STUNS as Marilyn Monroe

Is Ana De Armas coming for that Golden Globe? 

The official “Blonde” synopsis from Netflix reads: “[The film] boldly reimagines the life of one of Hollywood’s most enduring icons, Marilyn Monroe. From her volatile childhood as Norma Jeane, through her rise to stardom and romantic entanglements, ‘Blonde’ blurs the lines of fact and fiction to explore the widening split between her public and private selves.”

“Blonde” releases globally on Netflix September 23. Watch the first footage and see new images from the film below.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

UPDATE:

First full official trailer has been released:

• Love 5

Per Deadline:

Netflix just dropped the first look at Blonde, and what an uncanny look it is. In this new teaser trailerfor the Andrew Dominik-directed film starring Ana de Armas as Marilyn Monroe, the  Hollywood icon is initially depicted as a tearful bundle of nerves, praying that some mysterious “she” won’t abandon her. As her make-up is applied and Monroe transforms into a smiling, radiant star, we realize exactly who she’s has been waiting for.

Dominik wrote and directed Blonde based on the novel by Joyce Carol Oates, and the film blends fact and fiction to reimagine the life of the great Hollywood star, exploring the split between Monroe’s public and private selves.

In addition to de Armas, the cast includes Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale, Caspar Phillipson, Evan Williams, Toby Huss, Julianne Nicholson, Lily Fisher, Sara Paxton, David Warshofsky, Xavier Samuel, Michael Masini, Spencer Garrett, Chris Lemmon, Rebecca Wisocky, Scoot McNairy, Dan Butler, Garret Dillahunt, Lucy Devito, and Ned Bellamy.

Producers are Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Tracey Landon, Scott Robertson, with Christina Oh as Executive Producer.

Blonde will be released globally on Netflix September 23.

Check out the teaser above.

spacer.png

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Netflix gonna do what Disney plus did and add the password section to see nc 17 content.

My Disney side is password now since they added the adult content, but it messed up everything and they have bugs since they added the password to accces rated r and TV MA content

They couldn’t think of this before screwing up the Lizzie McGuire reboot??? 

spacer.png

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Per Deadline:

Netflix just dropped the first look at Blonde, and what an uncanny look it is. In this new teaser trailerfor the Andrew Dominik-directed film starring Ana de Armas as Marilyn Monroe, the  Hollywood icon is initially depicted as a tearful bundle of nerves, praying that some mysterious “she” won’t abandon her. As her make-up is applied and Monroe transforms into a smiling, radiant star, we realize exactly who she’s has been waiting for.

Dominik wrote and directed Blonde based on the novel by Joyce Carol Oates, and the film blends fact and fiction to reimagine the life of the great Hollywood star, exploring the split between Monroe’s public and private selves.

In addition to de Armas, the cast includes Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale, Caspar Phillipson, Evan Williams, Toby Huss, Julianne Nicholson, Lily Fisher, Sara Paxton, David Warshofsky, Xavier Samuel, Michael Masini, Spencer Garrett, Chris Lemmon, Rebecca Wisocky, Scoot McNairy, Dan Butler, Garret Dillahunt, Lucy Devito, and Ned Bellamy.

Producers are Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Tracey Landon, Scott Robertson, with Christina Oh as Executive Producer.

Blonde will be released globally on Netflix September 23.

Check out the teaser above.

spacer.png

Wait someone can turn a topic into a post? @bbbsss

I’ve been reading that it’s rather hard to get an NC-17 rating. The director said people may think the film is disturbing but that’s on them. The film will depict childhood trauma, and a brutal rápe scene. The point of the film is to answer the question of why would Marilyn eventually kill herself. 

I’ve been a big Marilyn fan since I was a kid and her life is so sad. She didn’t have a father in her life. Was put into foster care by age 7 and was ******** by multiple men from foster homes. Wed at 16 to get away from her abusive foster dad. Was râped by multiple men in the industry. I guess the film is going to show a brutally graphic portrayal of this? Idk if I want to see this film. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block