7 years ago today, Hilary Duff released her fifth studio album, 'Breathe In. Breathe Out.'. What do you remember?

14 hours ago, mattdw said:

I'm a longtime Hilary fan and I like this album a lot. I remember very well how she botched her music comeback. First she released Chasing the Sun, a cute beachy summer song. But she'd been gone for years, and her first new single was automatically going to get some buzz. She needed something that would grab more attention than that. I adored All About you even though it had a similar reception. 

I remember she promoted BIBO for 3 days. Seriously, she said on the internet at the time something like, "I've got three days of this." WTF? The initial Sparks video was a commercial for a dating site! The fans needed to demand a proper video in which the song wouldn't be drowned out.  I remember her saying how she was looking for lucrative career opportunities and thinking of getting into lifestyle stuff, you know, blogging, brand stuff... I was like...excuse me, you're a pop star, go be a pop star!! 

Literally, all of this. Terrible roll out for what was actually a good body of work, that should have done better for her.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block