Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge, The Great Gatsby) says there might be a surprise coming when asked about Britney and her connection with Elvis

Sooooooooooo what was the surprise? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell: I watched the movie yesterday and there was nothing involving Britney, unless I missed something...

Or maybe he meant similarities with how Elvis's manager treated him, and not allowed him to go on a world tour, and locked him up in Vegas residencies and blackmailed him to still have him as his manager? I might seem some parallels here but other then that I don't think there was anything else concerning Britney :flop_britney_candies:

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Prince Ali said:

Sooooooooooo what was the surprise? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell: I watched the movie yesterday and there was nothing involving Britney, unless I missed something...

Or maybe he meant similarities with how Elvis's manager treated him, and not allowed him to go on a world tour, and locked him up in Vegas residencies and blackmailed him to still have him as his manager? I might seem some parallels here but other then that I don't think there was anything else concerning Britney :flop_britney_candies:

there's a song that's interpolated with toxic... if you blink you miss it

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Prince Ali said:

Omg same here! I thought I was the only one but it is indeed there as I sat through the credits thinking maybe they add it there and toxic is listed in the music credits. 

I totally agree with you on how it parallel Britney’s life too. I was thinking of Larry Rudolph working Britney to the bone too for her whole entire career.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

‘Elvis’: Why Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’ Is Combined With ‘Viva Las Vegas’ in the Film

Baz Luhrmann compared Elvis Presley’s ‘Viva Las Vegas’ to Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’

“All those things are not me just trying to be hip or something,” he said. “When Elvis goes to Hollywood, the music he is singing ‘Bossa Nova Baby‘ right, or ‘Viva Las Vegas’ it’s absolutely pop music.”

“And just like Britney, who creates the quintessential ’90s pop music, you’re richer than God and you’re in the Hollywood bubble,” he said.

Why Baz Luhrmann used a Britney Spears mashup instead of just using an Elvis Presley song

Luhrmann revealed he has a positive view of Spears. “I Love Brit Brit and I love ‘Toxic’… but when you’re doing that kind of pop, you’re just in a bubble,” he opined. “And that bubble will break, as it does for Elvis.”

Source: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/elvis-britney-spears-toxic-combined-viva-las-vegas-film.html/

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block